Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Re: Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:20 am

JGC wrote:
Congo Cash wrote:ierre Brown was MVP, and Mikki Moore was DPotY there so yeah I will sure pay attention in the NBA D-League... :man10:


Shannon Brown, Jose Juan Barea, Jeremy Lin, Marcin Gortat, Ramon Sessions, Aaron Brooks, Andray Blatche, Brandon Bass.

None of those players interest you?

When you mock Mikki Moore and other players, I wonder if you aren't making the mistake of saying "These players are not stars, so they're useless." Think of some of the players we've had on our roster. Aren't some of these guys obviously better?

D League MVPs
Ansu Sesay - played 127 games over four seasons in NBA

Devin Brown - played 465 games, started 127 in NBA career; logged 300+ playoff minutes in 33 playoff games

Tierre Brown - we know all about him

Matt Carroll - has played 459 games, starting 84, in NBA career; 38% 3pt shooter; four times averaged 9+ ppg; five career playoff games

Marcus Fizer - 289 career games, 35 starts; had 10/4, 12/6, 12/6 seasons in the NBA

Randy Livingston - 203 career games, 19 starts; 182 minutes in 17 career playoff games

Kasib Powell - 11 games in NBA, 4 starts; averaged 8 & 4.

Courtney Sims - 5 career nba games;

Mike Harris - 34 career games; 9 minutes in 3 playoff games

Curtis Stinson - no NBA career

Justin Dentmon - 6 games in the NBA

D League DPOY
Jeff Myers - no NBA career?

Mikki Moore - 564 career games, 181 starts; 12 playoff starts, 507 playoff minutes; 3000 points & 2000 rebounds in career

Karim Shabazz - no NBA career?

Derrick Zimmerman - 2 games with Nets
Derrick Zimmerman - 2 games with Nets

Renaldo Major - 1 game with Warriors

Stephane Lasme - 16 games in the NBA, 4 starts; averaged 5 points, 3 boards, 1.4 blocks

Mouhamed Sene - 47 games in the NBA; blocked a shot every 12 minutes

Brent Petway - no NBA career

Greg Stiemsma - currently playing for Minnesota; averaging 3 & 2, blocking shots. Blocked a shot every 9 minutes; blocked 11 shots in 143 playoff minutes.

Chris Johnson - 41 NBA games, 313 minutes; 19 playoff minutes

Stefhon Hannah - in the DLeague
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46212
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:28 am

JGC wrote:You're right that just because a player has success in the D-League doesn't mean he will definitely have success in the NBA, but it doesn't mean he won't either, right?


that's pretty much what i meant, though I guess you were able to sum it up better. and your point is well made that if someone is good at the NBA level, more than likely that will translate backwards into the d-league. it doesn't necessarily translate forward as often.

the main point of my comments was that one should be careful in getting too high on some of these flashy d-league numbers and assume that these players are able to produce at an adequate level in the NBA. it's not fantasy basketball. the second point i was trying to make was aimed at the fact that i don't necessarily agree that we need to be grooming DJO at this point, under the current circumstances of our season. the CDR/goudelock stuff has already been discussed to death.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10387
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:16 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
JGC wrote:the main point of my comments was that one should be careful in getting too high on some of these flashy d-league numbers and assume that these players are able to produce at an adequate level in the NBA. it's not fantasy basketball. the second point i was trying to make was aimed at the fact that i don't necessarily agree that we need to be grooming DJO at this point, under the current circumstances of our season. the CDR/goudelock stuff has already been discussed to death.


I see your logic, and I respect that point of view. I am saying, just like with my OP, that since Darius Morris isn't giving us anything that can't be easily replaced, we can afford to use DJO in his place and see what he has got. Darius Morris is pretty much a one dimensional player...he relies on his speed and athleticism to get to the basket and otherwise possesses below average IQ, ballhandling and shooting ability.

To me, it seems obvious that DJO is already a harder worker, more fundamentally sound, has a better IQ and is the better playmaker. I think we can easily find 3-5 minutes for him in games, especially if we are up by 10+ points, or someone is in foul trouble. Remember that DJO will be playing with a TON more talent around him, whenever he is on the floor for us, than he is surrounded by in the d-league. It's just an idea...MAINLY because we are seriously thinking about dumping him in favor of some veteran PG help. IMO, he looks promising enough to give him a chance before we get rid of him. That's my primary point.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
User avatar
Snakell Beast

 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Postby LakeShow85 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 am

Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton, Jamal Crawford, Monta Ellis, as well as others were thought to be to undersized to play in the NBA. Even Allen Iverson and Nate Robinson were supposed to be point guards, but played more like two guards and were/are successful. My point is, DJO's lack of size, although understandable, should not be the deciding factor for him getting a chance or not. He plays and has the style of a James Harden. He's intense, athletic, and can shoot. I also love his work ethic. I hope he gets a chance to get with Kobe exclusively before he (Kobe) retires, so some of that Kobe killerness can rub off on him. When he was drafted I was actually pretty happy, because he could be our future diamond in the rough.

I just really hope he doesn't get cut or moved.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
Image
User avatar
LakeShow85

 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 am

Re: Current/Former Lakers Bench...Kings of the D-League

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 am

glock would have been raining 3's while playing with nash and meeks imo in small ball. and with dwight in the paint his floater would be money or an oop.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.