D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: D12 Thread: Post Post Post otherwise we're toast toast toast

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 am

therealdeal wrote:Dwight was fantastic last night. He dominated offensively and defensively. The refs just didn't want him to win tonight. Pop and Duncan hold too much weight. Any time he'd start to get into a rhythm we'd hear a whistle and get an offensive foul called. All of the fouls called on him were absolutely legitimate, but during the play he's ALWAYS getting held, pulled, pushed, hit, scratched, and beaten. I think the only foul where I'd say that he was absolutely fairly called was the push on Danny Green. The others were all bulls***.

He played with great intensity, great focus, and great attitude. I loved it. He's really won me over and any doubts that I might have harbored about him being a true cornerstone type of player are disappearing. It's great also knowing that he's also not 100% and could actually improve.

he has to learn to do the same thing I yelled about for Drew for so many years.... pass the ball out of the block and get his guys to move when he has the ball. He also needs more post moves (Drew did not) to help him dominate. I think he can do it as he has shown me more and more but he hasn't made that "I am #1" move yet.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby easyguy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 am

khmrP wrote:
JGC wrote:I'd have to agree with Shaq and Chuck too. Dwight is supposed to be a superstar and he will need to do a lot better than 16 points. Especially ... when Kobe isn't in the game. He should be in the high 20s and beyond and I thought they made a good point that if the Lakers can't get more out of Dwight Howard than the Spurs get out of Duncan, then we're likely screwed.

Well refs certainly not treating him like a superstar.....

He might be the media superstar, but his offensive stats sure doesn't show that he is one. We cannot rely on Howard to be this team's superstar. We need a Kevin Durant or a Lebron type of superstar....
easyguy

Postby last stand on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:26 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Dwight was fantastic last night. He dominated offensively and defensively. The refs just didn't want him to win tonight. Pop and Duncan hold too much weight. Any time he'd start to get into a rhythm we'd hear a whistle and get an offensive foul called. All of the fouls called on him were absolutely legitimate, but during the play he's ALWAYS getting held, pulled, pushed, hit, scratched, and beaten. I think the only foul where I'd say that he was absolutely fairly called was the push on Danny Green. The others were all bulls***.

He played with great intensity, great focus, and great attitude. I loved it. He's really won me over and any doubts that I might have harbored about him being a true cornerstone type of player are disappearing. It's great also knowing that he's also not 100% and could actually improve.

he has to learn to do the same thing I yelled about for Drew for so many years.... pass the ball out of the block and get his guys to move when he has the ball. He also needs more post moves (Drew did not) to help him dominate. I think he can do it as he has shown me more and more but he hasn't made that "I am #1" move yet.

his passing has been fine. guys just aren't hitting shots
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 am

completely agree. he's getting incredibly unfair treatment. if he were reffed correctly he'd score at will and be at the free throw line 15 times a game
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 am

Dwight just needs to stop racking up those stupid offensive fouls. How many times does Stu have to repeat himself?

Learn to post, box out, maneuver without using your damn hands. It's so frustrating you'd think he'd learn by now. Darvin Ham needs to go. What the hell is he doing as Dwight's "special assistant". He's not a center.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

He also needs more post moves (Drew did not) to help him dominate. I think he can do it as he has shown me more and more but he hasn't made that "I am #1" move yet.

^ I agree with both of you on these points. I thought he did a good job passing out of the double team, personally, but man, do I ever agree with you about Dwight learning some more post moves. He needs to go to the woodshed on that one.

The refs jobbed Howard big time last night. Garbage.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:04 am

Lakerjones wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

He also needs more post moves (Drew did not) to help him dominate. I think he can do it as he has shown me more and more but he hasn't made that "I am #1" move yet.

^ I agree with both of you on these points. I thought he did a good job passing out of the double team, personally, but man, do I ever agree with you about Dwight learning some more post moves. He needs to go to the woodshed on that one.

The refs jobbed Howard big time last night. Garbage.

I'm with you guys. He's not "#1" offense material and I have a hard time believing that he ever will be. BUT

He's a #1, 2, 3, and 5 defense material. He's got quick hands like Metta and explosive ability like Bill Russell. The guy is a unique defending specimen. That coupled with his rebounding ability makes him a really true centerpiece for anything we might want to do in the future. He's going to be great for us.

Offensively, I agree. What sucks is that I think he's got some moves or at least the right idea on some moves, but he doesn't trust them. He's got a move that I've only seen him use once this season for us that just really accentuates his physical abilities. He fakes middle, spins baseline into the rim, rises and dunks the ball.[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfKK_lIG1c[/youtube]

Obviously Amar'e isn't an All-NBA defender, but that move is something he can build on so easily. Go through the same motion and if your man has recovered to the spin, pump fake and then come back to the right hand. Begin with the same motion, fake a spin, come back to the right hand...

It's the ONE thing I think he learned from Hakeem and has any confidence in shooting. I think that's where he should start and build from because he has really quick feet and I think this kind of move is right in his wheelhouse.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:17 am

^^ Agreed realdeal.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 am

Hate to bring it up, but he's just as bad at racking up fouls as Bynum was.

At least Bynum did on the defensive end. :bang:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

Except it's more like Shaq.

He's being punished for being stronger than his opponents and that's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. It's total bulls***.

Sure he's using his arms to clear some space, but that happens AFTER a guy is hanging on his arm literally. Why are Duncan, Bonner, Splitter, and Blair allowed to just push his arm down and lean on him but when Howard pulls his arm back up that's a foul? Doesn't that seem strange to anyone?

Why can Bonner try to tackle Dwight from behind, but when Dwight runs into Splitter to gain post position it's a foul? Those two are of equal footing?

It's a f***ing farce.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 am

And f****** Reggie Miller who's usually rational, is sitting there talking about how he could have gotten fouled out for this and that. STFU Reggie, normally you're on the Lakers side....what are you a bandwagoner?

Jeeesus....Dwight uses his hands but that was utter bulls*** by the refs. And WTF were all those calls for Parker? I specifically remember one where Darius Morris literally did not touch him - he avoided contact with Parker but because it looked like he was going to make contact, the foul got called. And one.

There were way too many plays like that. We probably wouldn't have won the game if officiating was fair, but that was some bulls***
Last edited by Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 am

My favorite ref moment from last night was on a foul in the first half I think. Howard gets whistled and goes to the ref trying to plead his case.

The ref says (reading his lips) "I'm not going to talk about it".

Then on the return from break, Popovich is in his ear saying something and the ref nods and says "okay".

:man10: What the hell? :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:37 am

Right? And the Dwight technical for dropping the ball? That was some bull**** too

All Dwight did was look at the ref and go "WTF?" and literally let go of the ball and started yapping about how wack the refs were, and he got T'd up. Nothing demonstrative or excessive.

If that's criteria for getting T'd up then Russell Westbrook wouldn't be eligible for the Playoffs. Some bull**** I tell you.

Oh and on the Pop thing, that's what happens when you have a respected coach. Albeit Pop is the king of coaches, but refs are intimidated by him because he knows his s***.

Pringles on the other hand is doing handstands on the sideline whining and moaning like a little b**** with a constipated face. I've never seen him successfully convince a ref of anything.

/WMC
Chillbongo

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am

:man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Juronimo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:36 am

Chillbongo wrote:Right? And the Dwight technical for dropping the ball? That was some bull**** too

All Dwight did was look at the ref and go "WTF?" and literally let go of the ball and started yapping about how wack the refs were, and he got T'd up. Nothing demonstrative or excessive.

If that's criteria for getting T'd up then Russell Westbrook wouldn't be eligible for the Playoffs. Some bull**** I tell you.

Oh and on the Pop thing, that's what happens when you have a respected coach. Albeit Pop is the king of coaches, but refs are intimidated by him because he knows his s***.

Pringles on the other hand is doing handstands on the sideline whining and moaning like a little b**** with a constipated face. I've never seen him successfully convince a ref of anything.

/WMC

The coaching talent descrepancy between Damnphony (yes I'm calling him that again) and Pop is so wide and incredibly frustrating and sad at the same time.

I have to disagree with everyone regarding Dwight though. Every foul saw called on him he was pushing with his hands, which he does quite a bit. I didn't see anything off with the reffing at all. We just got whooped by a more talented team with better coaching.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 am

^ I'm not saying we would have won or anything, but you're looking at the play AFTER Howard has already been fouled.

Why are the Spurs allowed to hang on Howard, but Howard can't hit back, Juronimo?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby alexthegreat on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
alexthegreat wrote:Dwight has been playing good, but Shaq and Chuck are right. Dwight has to have that "kill" mentality and really dominate.

Awww come on..... he's giving it every thing he has out there including the elbows to the heads. What more can he do at this point to dominate? Eff Shaq and Chuck. Shaq was a 7' 330lb freak. Dwight goes 6'10" and around 260-270. STFU Shaq.

Like I said, Dwight has been playing great for the most part. His is playing good defense and playing with alot of intensity. But I guess I'm still wishing for Dwight to magically start having dominating 30/15 games on a regular basis. I have to remember he is not Shaq. Probably asking too much of him right now.
alexthegreat

Postby abeer3 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm

his recent play has made me even more fearful of him bolting in FA. he's starting to look like orlando howard. now, if he starts getting officiated like orlando howard...we're in business.
abeer3

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm

He's not going to bolt. The team is his now.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 2h
Dwight Howard on foul trouble in Game 2: "I thought the flopping rule was going to be put in this year, but I guess that's for next season."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:39 pm

:man10: :jam2:

Tell 'em big fella.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm

That comment is money well spent if you ask me, Splitter is a flopper, and it's pathetic.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Hate to bring it up, but he's just as bad at racking up fouls as Bynum was.

At least Bynum did on the defensive end. :bang:

Bynum made the adjustment, and maybe Howard will too. In his final season with us, the season in which he played the most minutes, Bynum only averaged 1.7 PF per game. Which is, ridiculously low for a player with starter's minutes.
JGC

Postby JSM on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Dave McMenamin

Dwight had a pretty thoughtful answer when asked if the NBA season was too long in light of all these injuries ...
"I’m not going to get into that one," Howard said after Lakers shootaround Friday before Game 3 against the Spurs. "Injuries happen and a lot of fatigue causes injuries. When you play a lot of minutes and you do a lot of stuff on the floor, those muscles, tendons and all that stuff break down. Even though we’re professional athletes, we’re still humans and we got to take care of our bodies. We also have to give our bodies rest. It’s crazy to see what has happened this year, looking at a guy like Russell (Westbrook) who has never missed a game in his career and he goes down. It just takes one second. That’s why we always have to be thankful to be able to play this sport and remember that we’re all blessed."

You hear that MDA
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SK8 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Ummm is Dwight stupid or what??? :bang:
EVERY GOD DAMN GAME same stupid fouls, wtf dude, just stop :man2: :man2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard