D12’s father calls for son to have sitdown with KB&MDA

Re: D12’s father calls for son to have sitdown with KB&MDA

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 am

I agree that featuring Gasol in the post & having Dwight make his impact elsewhere was the way to go. That's what would have happened with most competent coaches in the league. It's not a knock on Dwight, Pau just has one of the best post games the league has seen. Dwight can be such a beast on defense & the boards that he doesn't need to be featured in the post to have a huge impact. He can have 20/20 games off putbacks & cuts to the basket for dunks. The players had to "make their own system" for us to finally start seeing that.. Hopefully we'll see more of it in the playoffs.
lakersin4

Postby dak22 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am

MC wrote:Murdock - If you can't pass out of the post you don't have a great game as a back to the basket center....

A flaw most people don't accept or seem to appreciate about Bynum that is huge when considering making him a primary or even secondary option as a low post player.

Passing ability is still what makes Gasol's game better than Howard or Bynum but most people just don't seem to get that...... without that ability they get taken out of games when the playoffs role around and it's time to take away what a guy does threw adjustments and scheme.

If Bynum ever figures that out instead of being selfish the sky would be the limit but that selfish thing usually gets in the way with personalities like Bynum. Maybe he matures and eventually gets it but maturity is not a given no matter the age, it's a mental process.

MC- If your body, physically/mentally, cannot handle the rigors of the 4/5, then you shouldn't be featured as the primary option down low.

Gasol's body has been declining the last few years and it's a flaw he/most fan's seem to comprehend. Passing is a great skill, but not at the expense of others like post-scoring, defense, rebounding, and mental toughness in today's NBA. See what happens with the current Gasol in the playoffs: teams take away the rest of his game by roughing him up (look at Perkins, Farried, Gray, Landry, etc.).

It was the same in the past, but the current Gasol has declined so much that such a tactic is too effective; Gasol becomes a net negative despite his passing skills. Simply put, Gasol is DONE as a major option and why fan's keep clinging to/can't accept that belief I have no idea. Even when he was the lone option numerous times last season, he still didn't post up when he had the chance and shot fadeaways instead. Making him the primary post option is just asking for trouble. Father time is never wrong and people still keep falling for that trap.

You might disagree but knee tedinitis, plantar fasciitis, a torn plantar fascia this season say otherwise. It's also funny how you talk about maturity when Gasol could have been MATURE enough to accept his bench role. Now he's missing 6-8 weeks because karma might have decided to put up a stop sign that day. Heck, we're witnessing a potential kobe-shaq 2, because our stars haven't MATURED enough to handle the media correctly. No way it should have gotten to this point with howard's dad.
dak22

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:25 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:Originally, you had the Jackie McMullan story in Boston where the general message is, "we need to play with urgency." That was considered by many for Kobe to be issuing a challenge to Dwight to manage his injury & play through the pain. After than article came out, Nash had the same sentiment saying, "I believe everybody in this league has to play through pain."

The drama ensues with Dwight & Kobe all over Sportscenter. Dwight says, "that's Kobe's opinion, he's not a doctor, & I'm not a doctor." Kobe then comes back out and says that he his comments were misconstrued and taken out of context. Fast forward to the pre-game of Boston and Kobe sends Dwight a text stating something to the effect that his comments were taken out of context and asking Dwight if they're still good.

The team lays an egg in Boston. After the game, MDA comes out saying Dwight has been medically cleared. Dwight says he hasn't. I lay all this out to prove a point. Kobe started all of this speaking with Jackie Mcmullan. The team just got off a great win in Brooklyn, and you've won 3 straight. Why would you take the chance of saying something like this and then go back and retract your comments?

We all know how Dwight is & how sensitive he can be. I'm not asking Kobe to hold his tongue; what I'm asking for is the leader of the team to speak directly with Dwight about this situation rather then the media because they sensationalize, embellish, and take things out of context. Kobe should know this already.

However, now that's all said & done. If Dwight can stop talking about his shoulder & Kobe can talk to Dwight face-to-face, that's great. The focus should be on winning basketball games & making the PO's. It shouldn't be on other things...

Are you clarifying, or adding to what you were quoted as saying above in Atlanta?
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

bnr034 wrote:Image

+100 :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:29 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:Originally, you had the Jackie McMullan story in Boston where the general message is, "we need to play with urgency." That was considered by many for Kobe to be issuing a challenge to Dwight to manage his injury & play through the pain. After than article came out, Nash had the same sentiment saying, "I believe everybody in this league has to play through pain."

The drama ensues with Dwight & Kobe all over Sportscenter. Dwight says, "that's Kobe's opinion, he's not a doctor, & I'm not a doctor." Kobe then comes back out and says that he his comments were misconstrued and taken out of context. Fast forward to the pre-game of Boston and Kobe sends Dwight a text stating something to the effect that his comments were taken out of context and asking Dwight if they're still good.

The team lays an egg in Boston. After the game, MDA comes out saying Dwight has been medically cleared. Dwight says he hasn't. I lay all this out to prove a point. Kobe started all of this speaking with Jackie Mcmullan. The team just got off a great win in Brooklyn, and you've won 3 straight. Why would you take the chance of saying something like this and then go back and retract your comments?

We all know how Dwight is & how sensitive he can be. I'm not asking Kobe to hold his tongue; what I'm asking for is the leader of the team to speak directly with Dwight about this situation rather then the media because they sensationalize, embellish, and take things out of context. Kobe should know this already.

However, now that's all said & done. If Dwight can stop talking about his shoulder & Kobe can talk to Dwight face-to-face, that's great. The focus should be on winning basketball games & making the PO's. It shouldn't be on other things...

Are you clarifying, or adding to what you were quoted as saying above in Atlanta?

LOL. Neither. If I were the biological father of D12, I wouldn't be going to the local newspaper in Atlanta...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

I read "sitcom" instead of sitdown
wcsoldier81

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion