D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: feeling better, won't play 2night

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 am

I think it's both. Kobe has a crazy high ridiculous standard about him playing through injuries. NO ONE in the league does what he does.

But at the same time, this is a team in dire need of their hero. Dwight is supposed to be our future and while we can't expect him to play every day the way Kobe does, we also need to be able to count on him in our times of need. When we CLEARLY need him, he's got to come through. Do we NEED him tonight? I don't know... Boston's front line is every bit as beaten up as ours... but we legitimately don't have a starting caliber Center right now, small ball or not. I know he's scared but... at some point you've got to man up right?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 am

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/299575913186746369

Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Even Nash callin him out

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 am

This is the difference, everyone is honored to play in the NBA and such but there is a few who have "it". Kobe, doesn't care about future health in the NBA, he cares about WINNING, winning CHAMPIONSHIPS. Kobe does whatever it takes to win its quite simple. This is why he is telling Dwight to play through it, cause it is all Kobe knows. Dwight on the other hand seems like he cares much more about playing in the future, not about winning now. Regardless how bad the pain is, it is an injury players play through. I can see why he would sit, but I also see why people said Dwight is weak minded and doesn't have what it takes to win a championship.
JLaker17

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 am

Come on Metta LOL

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/299577940889464832

World Peace on Dwight's side: "I would say he’s a soldier and I’m not going to question his injury. He’s hurt to me."

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:02 am

Good job Kobe. Made your statement in the public when Dwight is so mentally weak.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 am

Kit wrote:Good job Kobe. Made your statement in the public when Dwight is so mentally weak.

Read the last three posts, they all did. :man10:

Everyone in the locker room is calling him out... Metta's is just some reverse psychology.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tragic on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

drama. here we go
Tragic

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 am

A little more fair....

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
According to LAL spokesman John Black, @DwightHoward took part in shootaround this morning. He's a game-time decision for Boston tonight.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am

At this point, I think its safe to say that Kobe and Dwight just straight up dont like each other.

Hopefully he comes back soon and we can continue winning so that tension stays under the surface...
phoenixrisingla

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am

therealdeal wrote:
Kit wrote:Good job Kobe. Made your statement in the public when Dwight is so mentally weak.

Everyone in the locker room is calling him out... Metta's is just some reverse psychology.

Good hear to Nash agrees :)

I don't get Metta's sarcasm though.
Kit

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am

Ireland reporting Dwight WILL play tonight, just heard from 710
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:18 am

:jam2:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

If Dwight is gone this summer, any good FA we can sign w/ the money?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/FreeAgents-12-13/nba-free-agents-2012-2013
Kit

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am

Kit wrote:If Dwight is gone this summer, any good FA we can sign w/ the money?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/FreeAgents-12-13/nba-free-agents-2012-2013

Pau/Kobe/Nash contract puts us over the cap already nevermind the others still remaining.
khmrP

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 am

24 is a BOSS!!! he basically put dwight in a postion to step up or expose himself for being weak. the best part about it also is 24 is gonna make mitch and Buss see D12 for what he really is good or bad and if he don't have the heart he is making them make a decision on keeping D12. 24 is literally making this boy grow up.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 am

Kit wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Good hear to Nash agrees :)

I don't get Metta's sarcasm though.

I'm half crazy, so I get some of what Metta is saying. He's saying "Dwight told me he's hurt, he must be hurt. I'm not going to question if it he says it he says it."

He's not agreeing that Dwight is hurt, he's just saying that if Dwight is going to sit, he's going to sit. He's not excusing it or anything, he's just saying that Dwight SAYS he's hurt so if he's hurt, then whatever... Psychologically it's not the same as if Metta had said "Dwight is one tough mother******. He's the kind of guy to play with his arm hanging off. Trust me, the dude is really hurting."

It's convoluted logic, but I'm a convoluted guy. :man10: and I think we can agree that Metta is too.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 am

Jamison is on phone on 710.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

the lakers could probably amnesty pau and still not have a lot of cash to spend. kobe's contract is just enormous.

as for the dwight situation: i'm upset about it. i'm disappointed in kobe's public handling of the issue, just as i was disappointed with dwight's discussion of kobe's fgas. that stuff should stay in-house.

dwight's right: it's his career. the lakers don't have a great track record diagnosing injuries, and he has no reason to feel loyalty to this organization at this point. i hope ownership has been in his corner behind the scenes, because this is precisely the kind of stuff that could make someone want to take less money to play elsewhere.

kobe and nash want to win right now because they have no other option. dwight has several other options and more time with which to work.
abeer3

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Dwight Howard was irritated by questions about his status today. He said he'll be a gametime decision. Emphasized that his career's at stake
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

He would make a great WR in the NFL....

gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe
Dwight Howard says he won't take long-term risk just to return to save #lakers "This is my career. Nobody else is going to take care of me."
Retweeted by Ken Berger
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Kobe and nash understand the importance of this stretch. They are getting up there in age, and want to win now. The way I see it, dwight doesn't care as much as they do in that respect because he's still a young player. Even more telling about those quotes is that dwight isn't committed to the lakers. THAT to me is 100% certain now. Its one thing to not want to risk your career for a team, its another to not want to do it for a team you may not want to be a part of in the future. Thats how im seeing it. If dwight were committed, it would make much more sense that he would try to play through this injury because if this season tanks it will tank, nothing is guaranteed on the future, and if he's doing it for the team, they can't turn around and get mad at him if something bad were to happen because he did it for them. But if he's thinking of playing for another team in the future, he obviously wants to take no chances with making things worse now, on a team that might not even make the playoffs.

I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. Howard has the right to do whatever he wants, but I just hope that nash and kobe, don't take it as he doesn't care about them,and at least as much as them, winning a championship. Which it sounds like to me. Because that could only bring more chemistry issues that we certainly don't need now.
Last edited by King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah I don't feel all warm inside about hearing this news. Seems like Dwight just got pressured into playing and he's going to mope around on the court.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

i get both sides, but dwight's right, imo. he can't say it, but why risk next season on the very slim and shrinking-by-the-day chance that you can be slaughtered by okc in the first round? so kobe and nash don't have "missed playoffs" on their hof resume?
abeer3

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Yeah I don't feel all warm inside about hearing this news. Seems like Dwight just got pressured into playing and he's going to mope around on the court.

yup. Wish he would've came to this decision on his own before all the pressure. Now he might be a little pissed.
King of Clutch

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 am

abeer3 wrote:i get both sides, but dwight's right, imo. he can't say it, but why risk next season on the very slim and shrinking-by-the-day chance that you can be slaughtered by okc in the first round? so kobe and nash don't have "missed playoffs" on their hof resume?

I guess if he doesnt want to play and is looking for excuses that would work.

But for the people that have questioned his heard and desire since he's been here, this is just another piece of evidence.

And he can be dramatic about it all he wants, but at the end of the day hes capable of playing he just didnt want to and it sounds like he's been shamed into it by his teammates calling him out.

Its a bad situation all around, I guess I just need to start accepting the fact that whoever is leading this team in the future wont be able to measure up to the bar Kobe set for toughness and desire.
phoenixrisingla

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 am

and knowing how KG plays dirty to BOOT, you can be your house that he's gona do all he can to F up that shoulder.
khmrP

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am

abeer3 wrote:i get both sides, but dwight's right, imo. he can't say it, but why risk next season on the very slim and shrinking-by-the-day chance that you can be slaughtered by okc in the first round? so kobe and nash don't have "missed playoffs" on their hof resume?

Because your on this team as well. And if you think this will be your team in the long run, you'd do whatever you can to win every year. He didn't sit out for an extended time with his injury last year in orlando. Why? Because it was his home, and his team for the foreseeable future. If you don't see this team as being your team in the future, you would then say, "why risk next season on the very slim and shrinking-by-the-day chance that you can be slaughtered by okc in the first round? ".
Last edited by King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard