D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm

purp n gold wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:The apologists for Dwight on this board are disgusting .. Laker fans have seriously gotten soft .. I'm disappointed that you guys can't recognize what "Championship" basketball, effort, and IQ looks like

its always constructive when people can't share different view points without having to resort to these types of post :freak2:

What's the view point? That he's joking around with our rivals mocking our best player .. Tell me in what fantasy sports world is that okay? Dwight is cut from the same cloth as Steph Marbury, Steve Francis, Vince Carter, TMac, etc .. All about putting up empty numbers

ok wise one, any suggestion as to who we can trade him for that has these chamionship bbal, effort and IQ?

Al Horford, Kyle Korver and Devin Harris.

which one of these 3 have chamionship bball iq? I do like Horford though and would ask for teagues instead of harris :man10:
khmrP

Postby purp n gold on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't believe in in your assessment of those players, or anything else if you're vehemently defending Dwight at this point
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:45 pm

btw as brutal as Phi. fans can be towards their athletes, its sad that they show Bynum more support/love and patience on their realgm post with his injury than most here do with Howard and his antics
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 pm

purp n gold wrote:I don't believe in in your assessment of those players, or anything else if you're vehemently defending Dwight at this point

vehemently? :man10: I'm all for trading him, just point out that championship bball iq that Herm is referring to.
khmrP

Postby Herm24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm

K Love .. K Love .. K Love
Herm24

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Herm24 wrote:K Love .. K Love .. K Love

easy to list names of a player you want not so easy when you have to explain why another team would want to throw away talent at the risk of losing Howard after the season is over.
khmrP

Postby purp n gold on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:54 pm

khmrP wrote:
purp n gold wrote:I don't believe in in your assessment of those players, or anything else if you're vehemently defending Dwight at this point

vehemently? :man10: I'm all for trading him, just point out that championship bball iq that Herm is referring to.

All I'm saying is Dwight in indefensible at this point. If you're making excuses for him today, I would describe it as vehement.

khmrP wrote:btw as brutal as Phi. fans can be towards their athletes, its sad that they show Bynum more support/love and patience on their realgm post with his injury than most here do with Howard and his antics

This is off base and has little to do with Dwight and the antics he's pulled lately.
purp n gold

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm

khmrP wrote:btw as brutal as Phi. fans can be towards their athletes, its sad that they show Bynum more support/love and patience on their realgm post with his injury than most here do with Howard and his antics

And you're saying that's... wrong? I'm confused. You can't hate on a guy for having a bum knee and not being able to play, not like he's not trying. Dwight's bad attitude, passive aggressive comments, lack of effort and interest on the court, these are things that he's done himself to piss off fans, not sure why he would get support and patience through that sort of thing.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Weezy wrote:

And you're saying that's... wrong? I'm confused. You can't hate on a guy for having a bum knee and not being able to play, not like he's not trying. Dwight's bad attitude, passive aggressive comments, lack of effort and interest on the court, these are things that he's done himself to piss off fans, not sure why he would get support and patience through that sort of thing.

why can't you? He was perfectly fine before the trade and all of a sudden he has months worth of setback by merely bowling. IF we had that version in Howard I would easily dislike him for that mere fact. And its not the support part that I'm sad about, its the part where you guys want to burn him at the stakes for anything and everything he says or does.
khmrP

Postby Nikez on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Everyone is crapping on D12 right now because things are not going good, but when he comes back full strength next year and starts crapping on the league again it's gonna be like night and day around here. At least he has played nearly every game this season. Before the season started he wasn't expected back until around christmas, but he started THE FIRST GAME. It's hard to play your best basketball with 2 serious injuries, it's just as simple as that.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby purp n gold on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Ugh, give it up khmrP. This thread isn't about Bynum. It was a poor comparison that doesn't really tell us anything about us or Dwight. Get over it and move on.
purp n gold

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:09 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Dwight speaking to the media today, here are some thing that are being said:

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Does Dwight Howard want to be traded? "I just want to win, right now, where I'm at." #Lakers

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Howard: "I have to do whatever I can to help this team win ... all of us have to sacrifice parts of our game for the team."

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers

Dwight Howard on what it means to play for the Lakers: "It means a lot. You see what this team actually stands for." #GoLakers

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers

More Dwight: "The longer I'm here the more I understand what this franchise means." #GoLakers

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters

Dwight says the one thing Mitch tells him is to trust him

Oh sure Dwight..... instead of practicing your effing free throws you've been reading Clublakers and now are saying the things WE have been saying you should be saying...... :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby Herm24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:14 pm

khmrP wrote:
Herm24 wrote:K Love .. K Love .. K Love

easy to list names of a player you want not so easy when you have to explain why another team would want to throw away talent at the risk of losing Howard after the season is over.

Dude I'm sick of repeating myself .. Go grab some coffee .. You're clearly slow right now .. Earlier post: 3 way trade: Brooklyn: Dwight Minny: Lopez, 1st round pick .. Lakers: KLove and a pick .. Done and Done! .. KLove is not happy in Minny, he's out next year
Herm24

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Weezy wrote:
Kevin Ding
Featured
Asked about his role with Lakers compared to with Magic, Dwight had one good answer and one telling one: "I have to do whatever I can to help this team win." But as Dwight continued with his answer, he also noted: "Certain guys have to sacrifice more than others."

Even if he's asked questions he doesn't have to keep saying things like this, always seems to need to throw stuff like that in. I don't know who has sacrificed more this season for the good of the team than Nash and Kobe.

Gawd this mother bleeper. :bang: What you said. What is with his "delusional" digs??? Kobe was on pace to contend for scoring title again, not that that means as much to him as winning. Now he's playing freaking distributor to the team and scoring 18-20 points. Nash having difficulty doing that with Dwight the big stiff not moving and other guys not moving so he's not ball dominating now and is looking to score more.

Dwight, hurt, not mobile, can't jump, has 1 or 2 predictable moves in the key, shoulder is a target because he's already told the league how much it hurts.....and he still thinks he deserves the ball frequently in there. When Kobe has the ball on the wing we have ALL seen him just camp on the opposite side of the key, making no effort to get open. Good lord he's got a screw loose. STFU!!!
LTLakerFan

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 pm

#EPIC FAIL on the title update of this thread and whoemever is managing it.

Seriously, quoting the NY Post, the freaking NY Post story?

Other Lakers boards were taking this story down, but CL has it as headline news. If you guys are going to buy into the NY Post stories, here are some others:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_6i ... 419CB5D3C3

NY Post: Sources say Kobe Bryant forces Spike Lee to drive to his home and beg for creative control on Documentary

KOBE Bryant slam-dunked Spike Lee right before the taping of "Kobe: Doin' Work" by demanding creative control over the documentary and forcing the director to drive to his house to beg for a meeting to save the project, sources told Page Six.

Lee had worked for months to get permission from Bryant, the Lakers team, coach Phil Jackson, the NBA and ESPN, which will air the day-in-the-life documentary on May 16. The director had already flown to Los Angeles, where 30 cameras were in place for the April 13, 2008, Lakers game against the San Antonio Spurs.

But suddenly Bryant said he wouldn't cooperate unless he was granted creative control, sources said. Lee tried several times to call Bryant, who wouldn't accept his calls. So Lee, at the suggestion of ESPN broadcaster Stephen A. Smith, drove to Bryant's house in a gated community, where Bryant refused to see him, sources said.

"It went so far that Lee had a last-minute plan to substitute Spurs star Tim Duncan for Kobe and make the whole documentary about Duncan," said our source.

Whoever is in charge of this thread seems to have an agenda, only posting all the negatives going on in D12.

#objectivity fail
Last edited by Jordan-esque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Only posting the negatives with Dwight?? What the hell about his demeanor is there to be positive about?
LTLakerFan

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Only posting the negatives with Dwight?? What the hell about his demeanor is there to be positive about?

There was no thread update when Dwight spoke in length about his heart in this city.

No thread update when Dwight says he appreciates what is to be a Laker.

Instead we get, title updates that Dwight was smiling after LAC loss, Dwight's argument with Nash, and now this tabloid headline.

No wonder everyone here is always negative.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby purp n gold on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Only posting the negatives with Dwight?? What the hell about his demeanor is there to be positive about?

There was no thread update when Dwight spoke in length about his heart in this city.

Instead we get, title updates that Dwight was smiling after LAC loss, Dwight's argument with Nash, and now this tabloid headline.

Uh it's not a choice between being positive and negative. Dwight has said that numerous things that are self-serving and hardly fall in line with him "understanding what it means to be a Laker". Those "positive" quotes are contradictory, that's why no one cares to talk about them here.
purp n gold

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:

What's with the dramatic outrage?

I did the last several title changes. You must have missed the one that read "Heart in city, headband in wrapper". The point of the title changes is not to drive an agenda one way or the other but simply to inform members something that is currently being discussed in the thread. Sorry to disappoint your conspiracy theory, but that's the truth of it.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm

i'm a bit more hopeful today than i was yesterday after hearing dwight's comments. i hope he is starting to realize that if he sacrifices this year, that he'll be the face of the franchise of the next X years.

there's a plan for him in place, and he just needs to understand that the organization is looking out for him.
Pig Miller

Postby cthroatgtr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Fun thread...NOT. Look first and foremost for the "when Dwight is healthy" guys. Hate to break it to you but the back is probably what its going to be. He'll get a little better but he'll have to deal with that the rest of his career. If you doubt that you forgot David Robinson before and after. Never the same player. The torn labrum? Well both Lamar and Kobe have played through that. If Dwight dresses he can give effort. What I have seen is a lack of effort. That is what pisses me off. Look if you aren't happy, play hard and make your point. Slacking off won't cut it. His numbers are pedestrian and he only made the all star team off of rep. Do you think the coaches would have even selected him?

I was really excited that Dwight was coming. However after seeing it up close and personal he is an immature, whining piss ant that still can't make FTs and has no real skill in the post other than trying to overpower players and not get the offensive foul. For a guy this far in his career he honestly sucks. He has so much natural athletic ability and is pissing it away. Imagine if you could put Derek Fisher's heart in this guy. Shaq would complain but he would still score 25 and get 12 rebounds and win the game, make a snide comment about Kobe and move on. This guy ...sorry I just don't get it.
cthroatgtr

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade

February 19, 2013

Even though Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has assured Dwight Howard that he won’t be traded before the Feb. 21 deadline, rival executives believe the 27-year-old may still be moved. The Lakers have fielded calls for Howard and are keeping their options open. Multiple league sources believe that Kupchak is assuring Howard that he won’t traded just in case the team decides not to pull the trigger on a deal. If Howard is still on the roster on Feb. 22, the Lakers don’t want him knowing that they listened to offers for him because that could hurt their chances of re-signing the center this offseason.

While the Lakers have shot down some rumors involving Howard – such as the rumored deal for Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics – nobody around the league would be surprised if a Howard trade gets completed before 3 p.m. ET on Thursday. The Lakers understand that Howard is unhappy in Los Angeles – he has butted heads with Kobe Bryant, grown tired of Mike D’Antoni and felt that the organization hasn’t supported him at times – which is why a Howard deal can’t be ruled out. Sources say that Howard hasn’t asked for a trade and doesn’t plan to do so, but he wouldn’t be opposed to a deal. Read more in today’s NBA PM.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... xCHf3pa.99

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... ine-diary/.
Last edited by dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Team Dwight all the way, baby!!! :jam2: Who"s with me?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby trodgers on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:#EPIC FAIL on the title update of this thread and whoemever is managing it.

Seriously, quoting the NY Post, the freaking NY Post story?

Other Lakers boards were taking this story down, but CL has it as headline news. If you guys are going to buy into the NY Post stories, here are some others:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_6i ... 419CB5D3C3

NY Post: Sources say Kobe Bryant forces Spike Lee to drive to his home and beg for creative control on Documentary

KOBE Bryant slam-dunked Spike Lee right before the taping of "Kobe: Doin' Work" by demanding creative control over the documentary and forcing the director to drive to his house to beg for a meeting to save the project, sources told Page Six.

Lee had worked for months to get permission from Bryant, the Lakers team, coach Phil Jackson, the NBA and ESPN, which will air the day-in-the-life documentary on May 16. The director had already flown to Los Angeles, where 30 cameras were in place for the April 13, 2008, Lakers game against the San Antonio Spurs.

But suddenly Bryant said he wouldn't cooperate unless he was granted creative control, sources said. Lee tried several times to call Bryant, who wouldn't accept his calls. So Lee, at the suggestion of ESPN broadcaster Stephen A. Smith, drove to Bryant's house in a gated community, where Bryant refused to see him, sources said.

"It went so far that Lee had a last-minute plan to substitute Spurs star Tim Duncan for Kobe and make the whole documentary about Duncan," said our source.

Whoever is in charge of this thread seems to have an agenda, only posting all the negatives going on in D12.

#objectivity fail

:man11:

I didn't do it, but I'm not sure why we should believe that it's a failure of objectivity. Why isn't your view a conspiracy theory, while we're namecalling against views?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 pm

:man10:

AGAIN with the s***ty journalism. The team has fielded calls about trading Dwight Howard = teams have called, the Lakers have listened, and then said "no thanks".

And OF COURSE there's still a possibility he's traded. There's also a possibility we win the Championship.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard