D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion:"focused";FO listening to offers(pg891)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 am

We'll see how he behaves against the Celtics... a foolish attitude in a game just after the great Dr Buss passed away , against the enemy and in our current situation might win him an exit ticket
wcsoldier81

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

I remain ready each and every game to be impressed by Dwight. If he brings serious fire and battles to end against the Celtics, I'll absolutely be willing to recognize it.

If a trade isn't happening, then I'm rooting for him to maximize what his back can give him, and fight for a playoff spot.

We'll all get to see.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 am

I'm not so sure I want to dump Dwight Howard, but I'll be the first to admit that this dude has been a complete bust, a failure, utter garbage this season. I know he's been hurt, so I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but, DAMN. He certainly was lucky to be a starter on the all-star team.

I'm not on the trade Dwight bandwagon, but if the Lakers got rid of him and somehow ended up with Kevin Love I don't think I'd complain about it...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 am

432J wrote:if he leaves LA, what a legacy he'll leave behind

he came to LA and was supposed to follow in the footsteps of the past great centers who have worn the lakers uniform. instead he was dealt at mid season or walked away after 1 disappointing year. essentially, it'll ruin his career if he leaves LA and never recovers

I think the media will have a new whipping boy until he finally wins one. With him as "The Man" that may never happen. That grass is greener mindset along with the "Brand" thing will be his undoing. Never should have left Orlando.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:54 am

khmrP wrote:
M2K wrote:If Dwight is shipped out...I expect Mitch K to use his creative genius to snag us a couple of very good players. Maybe something like...

Lakers: Love, Josh Smith, Pekovic

Hawks: DHoward, MWP, Duhon

Timberwolves: Horford, Ebanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aufu4r7

My preferance...keep Dwight Howard, make smaller trades, allow the current Lakers to heal up for next season.

dam!!!! I could live with this :man10:

Yeah....give me some of that pipe too .... we agree :man10: Kobe and Pek could straighten the Josh up if/when needed.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:We'll see how he behaves against the Celtics... a foolish attitude in a game just after the great Dr Buss passed away , against the enemy and in our current situation might win him an exit ticket

Or that beered up knucklehead in the nosebleeds can start the rain of Kwame boos down on him..... and that is all she wrote, he's definitely done here in his head if that happens.
LTLakerFan

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 am

glad he said theyre gunna for the 2nd half of the season do something special and great and do it for dr. buss.

celtics off a b2b against the nugs in denver will be tough for kg and peirce but i hope lakers and dwight come out strong and dont let up.

against the celtics and first game since dr. buss' passing. theres no way kobe will let the lakers lose. with dwight's help of not.
Ariza3

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: mocking Kobe (pg 886)

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Lakers Considering Dwight Howard Trade

February 19, 2013

Even though Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has assured Dwight Howard that he won’t be traded before the Feb. 21 deadline, rival executives believe the 27-year-old may still be moved. The Lakers have fielded calls for Howard and are keeping their options open. Multiple league sources believe that Kupchak is assuring Howard that he won’t traded just in case the team decides not to pull the trigger on a deal. If Howard is still on the roster on Feb. 22, the Lakers don’t want him knowing that they listened to offers for him because that could hurt their chances of re-signing the center this offseason.

While the Lakers have shot down some rumors involving Howard – such as the rumored deal for Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics – nobody around the league would be surprised if a Howard trade gets completed before 3 p.m. ET on Thursday. The Lakers understand that Howard is unhappy in Los Angeles – he has butted heads with Kobe Bryant, grown tired of Mike D’Antoni and felt that the organization hasn’t supported him at times – which is why a Howard deal can’t be ruled out. Sources say that Howard hasn’t asked for a trade and doesn’t plan to do so, but he wouldn’t be opposed to a deal. Read more in today’s NBA PM.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... xCHf3pa.99

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... ine-diary/.

I'm sure "hoopsworld" know what's going on as if a little site like that would now anything try ESPN Or Some like that before buy this BS
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby SeasonTicketHolder on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:36 am

Don't know if this was reported but according to Stephen A Smith, Coach Pop dropped a few F bombs (during the All Star Game) in Dwight Howards direction. During a time out, Coach Pop drew up a play for Dwight except when it was time to run the play, Dwight wasn't in the game, wasn't paying attention, was on the bench in his warm ups socializing...so Coach Pop got upset...

Interesting.
SeasonTicketHolder

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 am

^ not really who cares what he thinks He isn't Dwight's Real coach & pop isn't apart of the Lakers Organization.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby SeasonTicketHolder on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 am

^^ I thought it spoke to his uncaring attitude - not that an all star game means anything...but you know what, you're right. Pop isn't his coach and Dwight hasn't shown us that he's uncaring...please disregard my previous post. My apologies.
SeasonTicketHolder

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 am

Herm24 wrote:
It was when we landed Pau & Dwight

really? Pau trade was a year in the making while Howard trade took months with each team trying to call each others bluff were EASY? I guess we have different definition of EASY the :freak2: yours must look like this when it comes to trading.

khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 am

lakersStan24 wrote:I'm sure "hoopsworld" know what's going on as if a little site like that would now anything try ESPN Or Some like that before buy this BS

LOL. They don't break any news, they take the news reported by "little sites" and make it their own. ESPN has never broken anything before anyone else has.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 am

1) you can eliminate 90% of the league at least that will try to trade for him. he'd be a rental for most teams, and other teams don't have the assets the lakers want.

2) despite how howard has conducted himself, i understand where he's coming from. he's been told that he's the next great lakers center. KAJ, Shaq, etc all had the offense run through them, so he's asking himself why that doesn't apply to himself.

3) he's like every young guy in his career (in the nba and in real life) who hasn't figured out what his weaknesses are and he's still trying too hard to prove himself as 'the man'. many young professionals often identify themselves with their craft and dwight is no different. he doesn't want to be known as a guy that can only play on one side of the court. his priority isn't necessarily winning first. he's like every young career driven person who is still relatively young in their career, working hard to prove to everyone that you're the most important person in the organization/team, instead of just playing your role.
Pig Miller

Postby trodgers on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 am

Doc Brown wrote:
lakersStan24 wrote:I'm sure "hoopsworld" know what's going on as if a little site like that would now anything try ESPN Or Some like that before buy this BS

LOL. They don't break any news, they take the news reported by "little sites" and make it their own. ESPN has never broken anything before anyone else has.

My stuff has appeared on Hoopsworld. That blows its credibility out of the water. :man12:

Edit: no, it hasn't; that was Hoopshype. Way different.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 am

SeasonTicketHolder wrote:^^ I thought it spoke to his uncaring attitude - not that an all star game means anything...but you know what, you're right. Pop isn't his coach and Dwight hasn't shown us that he's uncaring...please disregard my previous post. My apologies.

Not sure if serious? Heck no....Dwight's never looked disengaged during huddles here. I thought it's interesting, if true, that Pop during an All Star Game of all things could be annoyed with the jerk off enough to lob some F-bombs. :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 am

while I do sound like I defend him at lengths here I'm all for trading him I just dont want some of the garbage I see out there, like Lopez for example. Sorry I'm not falling for his stats even if its top 4 or whatever in efficency stuff. Everyone laughed at Orl for not getting Bynum in the trade but all things considered, they're the ones laughing at everyone else now especially with how Vucajevic has emerged for them. So if Orl didn't want Lopez with multiple picks why would we settle for Lopez and probably no picks since BK has no more to give for a while.
khmrP

Postby LOSLAKERS on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am

Please trade his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. I feel like I can almost guarantee the team would be better off without him.
LOSLAKERS

Postby abeer3 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 am

i like that mitch is in his ear about trust. the lakers organization has earned respect throughout the league, mitch in particular. dwight needs to be thinking about what that means and whether he can get that elsewhere.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 am

abeer3 wrote:i like that mitch is in his ear about trust. the lakers organization has earned respect throughout the league, mitch in particular. dwight needs to be thinking about what that means and whether he can get that elsewhere.

Mitch is going to have to start taking on some of that personalized approach that Jerry had. Someone is at least and I'm not sure Jim has the experience to do it. If Jerry or Mitch is saying to you "You're our future, trust us, we know what we're doing" it holds a hell of a lot more weight than Jim.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 am

Or Dan, who he doesn't like in the first place.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am

DWIGHT HOWARD
Q: On what Dr. Buss meant to him in such a short period of time:
Howard: I’ve heard nothing but great things since I’ve been here. I actually had an opportunity to see him when I first got traded here. We had a great conversation. He’s a great guy to be around. I wish I would have saw him before he was in the hospital when he was active with the team. I was just happy to have the opportunity to sit down and see what he was really about. It’s a sad situation, but like I said, he’s a great man.

Q: On his experience during the All-Star weekend :
Howard: It was the first time I’ve had a chance to really get some rest in. All-Star weekend is normally a busy time, but this time, I got a good chance to get some rest and get some work in with our trainers. I’m looking forward to the second half.

Q: On if he’s surprised he only played 14 minutes in the All-Star game:
Howard: No, I wasn’t surprised. We had already talked about my minutes and everything. One thing I told (Gregg) Popovich is the second half of the season is very important. I didn’t want to risk anything out there playing and understanding that in the All-Star game it starts to get super serious come the third or fourth quarter. With me being out there, anything around the basket and those guys will try to foul me, and I didn’t want to risk it. There’s plenty more All-Star games to be played in, God-willing. Like I told coach the second half, it’d be better for me and my team to just pull me out. That’s what he did.

Q: On if his shoulder feels better or if he’s trying to maintain where it’s at right now:
Howard: For anybody who has had a torn labrum, they understand there are days where it feels super good. All it takes that one movement or that one hit and it starts to hurt and it gets numb and all that stuff. There’s really nothing I can do at this point, but continue to rehab, continue to strengthen it and hope I don’t have any problems during games.

Q: On if each time he gets hit, everything is taken away from when he was trying to strengthen the shoulder:
Howard: Not each time. It just depends. There are some days where it feels good and there are some times I get hit in the game, fight for position down in the paint, boxing out, or whatever it may be where it gets hit. There are certain situations where the times I’ve gotten fouled where I’ve had to come out of the game and I’ve had to miss games because of that. As of late, it’s been pretty good and holding up. Hopefully, it can stay that way for the remainder of the season.

Q: On if he senses any progress that he made over the weekend in his shoulder:
Howard: I really can’t tell until we start playing, but our trainers understood it was a busy weekend and I was doing a lot of stuff. They didn’t want to overwork my body – just making sure I got in the gym and make sure I did something with my body just to stay in pretty good shape.

Q: On what it means to be playing for the Lakers franchise:
Howard: It’s a great experience, for one. It means a lot to see what this team actually stands for and what they mean. It’s different from being around the league and going to different arenas. It’s a totally different atmosphere here. I understand the longer I’ve been here the more I understand how important this franchise is and how people see this team – the legacy, the history and it means a lot.

Q: On if he’s concerned the Lakers culture will change now that Dr. Buss is gone:
Howard: I don’t think so. This franchise and organization will be great. There are a lot of great pieces here and we’re going to do our job to make sure this organization stays the same.

Q: On how much pressure he feels to carry that legacy on:
Howard: Right now, the only focus is for our team is to make sure we have a great second half and make sure we get on the same page and start winning games.

Q: On if he finds any relief about Mitch Kupchak’s comments that he will not be traded:
Howard: He’s been saying that for the last month-and-a-half or two months. There’s always rumors and stuff swirling around. One thing he tells me every day is to trust him, so that’s what I’m going to continue to do and control what I can control.

Q: On why there is so much controversy surrounding him:
Howard: I really don’t know. I haven’t changed as a person. I’m still going to be the guy I was before stuff started to go down. I don’t know, but I’m not going to change who I am. I’m not going to let the stuff that’s been happening defeat me as a person. I’m going to find a way to push through it.

Q: On if he’s had any conversation with Kupchak or Jim Buss about his future:
Howard: They haven’t really said too much about it all year. There’s always stuff that goes on on the outside. As far as on the inside, what we talk about is how I can improve and what we as a team can do to get better. That’s the only thing I’m more concerned with – how we can win games and how we can come together as a team.

Q: On what is different about his role here in Los Angeles and his role in Orlando:
Howard: I have to do whatever I can to help this team win. All of us had to sacrifice parts of our game for this team. Some guys have had to sacrifice more than others. But as a team, we have to figure this out. We can’t rely on anybody else but ourselves. We have to keep whatever happens or whatever we talk about between us. We can’t allow anything to separate who we are as a team. Sometimes we’ve done that. We have to do a better job of keeping it in house, but at the same time, making sure we realize that the only people that can control our destiny is us.

Q: On if there’s any part of him that wants to be traded:
Howard: I just want to win. I just want to win right now where I’m at. I’m committed to this team, to this season and what we can accomplish right now. I’m going to do whatever I can to help this team win. That’s it.

Q: On a report about him being unhappy in Los Angeles:
Howard: Listen, I have never said anything about none of this stuff. So if anybody has a report or anything about what’s going on, if it’s not from me, then obviously it can’t be true. I’m not going to let this situation defeat me. I’m not going to let whatever has happened up until today or in the past affect me. I’m going to get back to being who I am and defeat whatever is in front of me. That’s where I stand in this whole situation. We’re going to look at this second half of the season as an opportunity for our team to do something special and something great, and we’re going to do this for Dr. Buss.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Discussion:"the legacy,the history..means a lot"(893)

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

waits for the worry warts to come in and over analyze everything he said and twist and turn his words into him calling out kobe and asking to be traded to brooklyn
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby jonnyshevanel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

If, at this point in the Lakers situation with what's going on and how things have been with the organization's losses and struggles, Dwight Howard can't muster the courage to play selfless and give total 100% effort, then he just doesn't have it and will have to go.
jonnyshevanel

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

I wanted to post this because honestly he said all the right things. And I know he's had a rough go so far, but he's the kind of emotional guy that might honestly need the "new season!!" talk every now and again.

I think we're going to see a better Dwight tonight. Maybe not great, maybe not perfect, but at least in the right place mentally. Against Portland, who knows? But I think tonight we see a good Dwight.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard