D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Absolutely. They should focus on giving standard answers ("we'll do what's best for the team; have to play together, build momentum, both teams played hard my man...") and work hard on moving the ball, getting everyone involved so we can build some chemistry and hopefully make the playoffs. How sad we have to even talk about this. :bang:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

scissors wrote:BSPN just stirring things up for ratings. I bet Kobe and Howard are just laughing it up.


No there not, Kobe is basically calling Howard a wuss for not playing through Injuries, I don't see how both of them can be laughing it off.... Howard is a clown and Kobe knows it.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:56 pm

No, he is not a clown. Why? He's a clown because he has a torn labrum and he's worried about his future career if his opponents keep hitting him in the same spot?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
scissors wrote:BSPN just stirring things up for ratings. I bet Kobe and Howard are just laughing it up.


No there not, Kobe is basically calling Howard a wuss for not playing through Injuries, I don't see how both of them can be laughing it off.... Howard is a clown and Kobe knows it.


So you believe everything that the media tells you?
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Dwight just needs to STFU and get the damn surgery if he's so concerned about his future. He's starting to piss me off.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

karacha wrote:No, he is not a clown. Why? He's a clown because he has a torn labrum and he's worried about his future career if his opponents keep hitting him in the same spot?


The only reason why he's even remotely worried about his future is because he has no intentions of being here and doesn't want to jeopardize his health here for the next team he's gonna be playing for next year... it's all common-sense... dude needs to stop crying like a little girl and hes doing exactly that.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: feeling better, won't play 2night

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:I've recently decided I don't care much for Dwight. I like his game. He's only going to get better as he gets healthier, and I really want him to resign here, butttttt...

...his pissing & moaning about things is really a drag. Makes me somehow even appreciate how spoiled we've been cheering for a warrior like Kobe all these years even more. The dude would go to the ends of the Earth to win. It's really a quality that shouldn't be taken for granted by anyone. Not many people want it that badly.

Dwight on the other hand, seems far too preoccupied with how he's perceived by those around him. Part of that is immaturity, and part is likely ingrained into his personality. Either way, it seems to matter more to him than winning or being truly great.

Dwight also talks out of both sides of his mouth a lot: "My back is 75% healthy. I'm still recovering." Ok, totally understandable. Then the next week it's "I'm not getting enough touches/shots." Well, which is it Dwight? Are you still limited physically or do you need to try carrying this offense despite not being best equipped to do so (even when fully healthy)? Can't have it both ways.

I beg him to dig just a little deeper for the sake of keeping this season afloat and find the will to play through his injuries and do what he can to help this team hit it's peak as we head toward the postseason. That would go a long way toward changing how I feel about his lack of competitive spirit currently.

Exactly the way I feel. 100%
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm

borri wrote:Dwight just needs to STFU and get the damn surgery if he's so concerned about his future. He's starting to piss me off.


If he gets the surgery their is basically no hope for a championship this year.... we can live with Gasol being out for a extended period of time... but Howard impacts the game at both ends... Gasol does not..
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:The only reason why he's even remotely worried about his future is because he has no intentions of being here...


How do you know that? Have you talked to him or his agent? Link or it didn't happen.

Please stop making stuff up.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
borri wrote:Dwight just needs to STFU and get the damn surgery if he's so concerned about his future. He's starting to piss me off.


If he gets the surgery their is basically no hope for a championship this year.... we can live with Gasol being out for a extended period of time... but Howard impacts the game at both ends... Gasol does not..



You should be agreeing w/ him on getting the surgery already since you've been saying this season is over anyway.
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

karacha wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:The only reason why he's even remotely worried about his future is because he has no intentions of being here...


How do you know that? Have you talked to him or his agent? Link or it didn't happen.

Please stop making stuff up.


Don't...feed...the... :freak2:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13092
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 pm

karacha wrote:How do you know that? Have you talked to him or his agent? Link or it didn't happen.

Please stop making stuff up.


When you connect the dots or look at things in a certain then it's easy to understand who's the villain... I don't think Howard has the will to play through injuries and he's probably saving his whole energy for the next franchise he's gonna be going to.... unfortunately.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby nameant on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Everybody needs to shut up and stop questioning Dwight. If I was him, I wouldn't wanna play either if all I heard day in day out was that I was a wimp, or "faking it".
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I guess I can't connect dots like you...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:24 pm

dr. klapper on 710am just said that dwight is not risking further injury or complicating any future surgery by playing with his type of labral tear. the ONLY factor is pain. but that area is rich in pain fibers...so the amount of pain may be significant.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:When you connect the dots or look at things in a certain then it's easy to understand who's the villain...


I'm sorry. I actually thought you're serious. Now I can just ignore what you're saying.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

dr. klapper further added that if dwight is to play, he has to alter his muscle mechanics and method of play. like others have suggested, he needs to keep his arms high, catch the ball high, which won't hurt his shoulder.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:dr. klapper on 710am just said that dwight is not risking further injury or complicating any future surgery by playing with his type of labral tear. the ONLY factor is pain. but that area is rich in pain fibers...so the amount of pain may be significant.


If that's true, then he needs to play. I'm not saying it will be easy for him, but last I checked, he's being paid $20 million. He gets paid to play through pain.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21735
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 pm

There you have it Dwight! A real doctor's opinion! You cannot further injure your shoulder if you do a better job of keeping the ball high when you rebound!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

revgen wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:dr. klapper on 710am just said that dwight is not risking further injury or complicating any future surgery by playing with his type of labral tear. the ONLY factor is pain. but that area is rich in pain fibers...so the amount of pain may be significant.


If that's true, then he needs to play. I'm not saying it will be easy for him, but last I checked, he's being paid $20 million. He gets paid to play through pain.


ERgo, that's why Nash said what he said. When Nash speaks up about playing through pain, it sends a pretty clear message to D12 as Nash is usually really really PC.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't really care if he plays or not, what ticks me off is how he is reacting to his teammates. Kobe/Nash are basically crying for help from D12, they need D12 to play, the team needs him and the Lakers need him. They aren't calling him a p**** and trying to start anything.

They wouldn't be saying this if it were Sacre/Ebanks. They realize the teams goes as D12 goes, so to get defensive at the fact that his teammates are basically saying, "D12 we need you man or we can't win this season", is ticking me off.

The team is turning to D12 for help and he returns those cries for help with being a douche. Grow up D12 and realize they aren't out to get you, they need your help in the biggest way right now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Image
=
Image
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I don't really care if he plays or not, what ticks me off is how he is reacting to his teammates. Kobe/Nash are basically crying for help from D12, they need D12 to play, the team needs him and the Lakers need him. They aren't calling him a p**** and trying to start anything.

They wouldn't be saying this if it were Sacre/Ebanks. They realize the teams goes as D12 goes, so to get defensive at the fact that his teammates are basically saying, "D12 we need you man or we can't win this season", is ticking me off.

The team is turning to D12 for help and he returns those cries for help with being a douche. Grow up D12 and realize they aren't out to get you, they need your help in the biggest way right now.



Agree. He is so defensive and sensitive.
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I don't really care if he plays or not, what ticks me off is how he is reacting to his teammates. Kobe/Nash are basically crying for help from D12, they need D12 to play, the team needs him and the Lakers need him. They aren't calling him a p**** and trying to start anything.

They wouldn't be saying this if it were Sacre/Ebanks. They realize the teams goes as D12 goes, so to get defensive at the fact that his teammates are basically saying, "D12 we need you man or we can't win this season", is ticking me off.

The team is turning to D12 for help and he returns those cries for help with being a douche. Grow up D12 and realize they aren't out to get you, they need your help in the biggest way right now.


+1000000000000000
Image
User avatar
thisbjgz

 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 am
Location: brooklyn, nyc !

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:There you have it Dwight! A real doctor's opinion! You cannot further injure your shoulder if you do a better job of keeping the ball high when you rebound!


I agree. In this case, he should play. It's not going to be pleasant, we all know it. But you get paid big bucks for it, we need you right now. And this might actually improve your turnovers slightly too. At least one positive.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Google [Bot], Kobe8Fan and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.