D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: might play vs. Boston

Postby Maluco Beleza on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

i know nobody is a warrior like kobe but i remember the 2010 season were he twisted his ankle @ Mavs. It was so disgusting, I'd never seen anything like that or that looked that bad and at 1st glance i thought kobe was lost for the season and longer.. but he's goes to the locker room....comes back and hits a clutch shot to win the game. like seriously? but thats kobe...

d12 doesn't have it like that and I don't blame him. nobody is like Kobe.
Maluco Beleza

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

No, no one is like Kobe. That's pretty obvious. AI actually had to play through many injuries, but Kobe is really unique. One definitely does not use him as a measuring stick.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 pm

^I agree. But Rambis and LO definitely should be. Both are not Kobe. And neither of them are "guards". They both played though the same injury. And LO, unlike D12, played through it when we were just a 1st round exit team back in the mid-00's.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:i know nobody is a warrior like kobe but i remember the 2010 season were he twisted his ankle @ Mavs. It was so disgusting, I'd never seen anything like that or that looked that bad and at 1st glance i thought kobe was lost for the season and longer.. but he's goes to the locker room....comes back and hits a clutch shot to win the game. like seriously? but thats kobe...

d12 doesn't have it like that and I don't blame him. nobody is like Kobe.

Dwight isn't cold blooded like the mamba...

but dude doesn't even have tiger blood in him smfh.
thisbjgz

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a feeling with all the pressure for rushing him back and if he hurt it again, he would shut it down and get a surgery.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Kit wrote:I have a feeling with all the pressure for rushing him back and if he hurt it again, he would shut it down and get a surgery.

Dr. Klapper said he can't make the shoulder worse by playing on it, and that it's only concern is lowering the pain.
Ice-Fire

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Tell me something I don't know.
Kit

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Kit wrote:I have a feeling with all the pressure for rushing him back and if he hurt it again, he would shut it down and get a surgery.

I don't think it getting hurt again is a matter of if, I think it's a matter of when. That's the whole point of this play through the pain discussion, if he's not going to have surgery and he can't hurt it worse, then he should play. It's going to get hurt again, guys are going to go after it in games, bang on it in the post, swipe down on the ball really hard like Shannon did, he's going to feel pain. Question is will he play through the pain to try and help us to the playoffs or will he not and try to heal or have surgery. If he's not going to call it a season and try and heal it fully there's no point in missing a game here and a game there where we need him because it will just get hurt again, might as well play now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

I don't feel a thing.....get his bleep out there and play :man9:

How about figuring out the movements that are most vulnerable to the pain and doing his best to adjust for them. Still better having him out there. Jump and block with left, go up with left, hold ball up, etc. Easier said than done of course.

Afraid this all is not going to end well. Waaay too much tension on team with him and Kobe, whoever's fault. Oh wait it was Busses' fault because Phil would have done 100x the job managing the alpha egos since Dan does ZERO. Hell he alienates them instead. 2 chances to get really good coaches for alpha team like this and 2 awful selections. Bring back Showtime. Right. :bang:
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Remember all those rumors that hes scared of the pressure of being a Lakers franchise leader and the Shaq shadow. Lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Weezy wrote:

I don't think it getting hurt again is a matter of if, I think it's a matter of when. That's the whole point of this play through the pain discussion, if he's not going to have surgery and he can't hurt it worse, then he should play. It's going to get hurt again, guys are going to go after it in games, bang on it in the post, swipe down on the ball really hard like Shannon did, he's going to feel pain. Question is will he play through the pain to try and help us to the playoffs or will he not and try to heal or have surgery. If he's not going to call it a season and try and heal it fully there's no point in missing a game here and a game there where we need him because it will just get hurt again, might as well play now.

I am just saying that reading his reaction and attitude these couple days makes me think that I am afraid he can't handle the pain and pressure from his teammates and media and find a easy way out.

The doctor said he is cleared to play and he wasn't playing so something is going on in his head.
Last edited by Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kit

Postby Maluco Beleza on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm

why doesn't he just embrace the shaq shadow and destroy anyone in his way instead of being like this.

like someone said it might come off wrong and kobe i dont think really wants it to be that way but I guess it does... kobe is just saying dude we need you come on and lets dominate this league. but d12 takes it like they are hurting his feelings
Maluco Beleza

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 pm

kobebryant: On our way to the Garden. Ready to do that work. If D12 is healthy he will play if he's not he won't. Simple math #countonmediahype
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm

This seems like its turning into a big feud between Howard and Kobe.

it was stupid to come out and tell the public Dwight needs to play. He should have told Dwight that behind closed doors. If Kobe is talking about balls, then he should stop sending messages through the media and do it behind closed doors. He might be able to do that with other people that know him for a long time but some people just don't like that type of attitude and media pressure.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:13 pm

KB24 wrote:This seems like its turning into a big feud between Howard and Kobe.

it was stupid to come out and tell the public Dwight needs to play. He should have told Dwight that behind closed doors. If Kobe is talking about balls, then he should stop sending messages through the media and do it behind closed doors. He might be able to do that with other people that know him for a long time but some people just don't like that type of attitude and media pressure.

Agree. Dwight is not Pau. There is a line you don't cross. I hope they are cool still.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:15 pm

The media may not be fabricating this story, but they're certainly fanning the flames.

Literally every time the radio people come on they're saying "Kobe calls out Dwight!"

Really? Well last I'd heard Kobe said he shouldn't play if he doesn't feel ready to play. He needs to play if he feels up for it, that's all anyone has been saying all along and yet the media is doing a great job of feeding the flames.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Media wants Kobe vs Shaq drama part 2. It's good for ratings. It's all about ratings.

I am sure if those two had something to say to each other, they say it in their faces. They share a locker room for crying out loud.
scissors

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:19 pm

I would be concerned if people weren't trying to pressure Dwight to play. Regardless of what way you spin it, we NEED to win games, we ran out of time to be patient and wait.
JLaker17

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 pm

I think people have become too sensitive these days. You see all the tough former players/old school players, old media guys that have been around since the days of tough NBA men all saying Kobe as a leader is allowed to tell Dwight if he can play he needs to play. You only see the younger people saying "that's not cool man, what about Dwight's feelings". Kobe knows what it takes to win, sacrifice, he needed finger surgery, didn't get it, he needed wrist surgery, didn't get it. He hurt his shoulder one season pretty bad, kept playing. he sprained his ankle in the Finals vs Indiana really bad, played the rest of the series. So he said what he said from experience, doesn't mean anyone has to like it, and I still don't think he was wrong.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

WojYahooNBA: After missing two games with sore shoulder, Lakers center Dwight Howard plans to play against Boston tonight, league sources tell Y! Sports.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

"I want to play," Howard said after participating in shootaround in advance of the Los Angeles Lakers games against the Boston Celtics on Thursday. "I mean, why wouldn't I want to play? But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can't leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don't play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody's life is going to go on. I don't want to have another summer where I'm rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That's what I want to do."

This really sounds selfish to me though. How about taking care of yourself.
scissors

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Weezy wrote:I think people have become too sensitive these days. You see all the tough former players/old school players, old media guys that have been around since the days of tough NBA men all saying Kobe as a leader is allowed to tell Dwight if he can play he needs to play. You only see the younger people saying "that's not cool man, what about Dwight's feelings". Kobe knows what it takes to win, sacrifice, he needed finger surgery, didn't get it, he needed wrist surgery, didn't get it. He hurt his shoulder one season pretty bad, kept playing. he sprained his ankle in the Finals vs Indiana really bad, played the rest of the series. So he said what he said from experience, doesn't mean anyone has to like it, and I still don't think he was wrong.

Kobe is 100% not wrong.

Facts: D12 can't make his injury worse by playing.

I am not sure I want the future cornerstone of the franchise if he re-signs, to be this much of a (p)ussycat.
borri

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm

I hope he plays and we get a win. The media should stfu.
Kit

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Bynum has shown more fire and heart that D12. If D12 walks, let's try to get Bynum back....LOL.
borri

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
kobebryant: On our way to the Garden. Ready to do that work. If D12 is healthy he will play if he's not he won't. Simple math #countonmediahype

So if Dwight is playing does the speculation start that it might be because of Kobe's pushing? If that's the case do we thank Kobe now for being a "jerk" of a leader? :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard