D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Chillbongo wrote:My god, that was a clinic. The dude is fundamentally sound.

SOUND

Offensively he's 2.0x10^8 better than Howard.

Defensively, Howard is better. Ok. No more in the Howard thread.


Let's see.... Bynum went not once but twice to Big Man Camp if I recall. Dwight never did, correct....because he could jump out of the gym, was moble and had those shoulders.

Bynum tutored under Kareem for a number of years. Dwight talked about seeking him out when he got here but did what exactly? Dwight spent some time one summer with Dream is all that I'm aware of. Part of 1 summer....was there anything else...something with Ewing?

So yep the lack of basic and proper post up fundamentals is now rearing its ugly head. Yet he wants it in the post but can't even establish good position or have any "variety" of moves from there. Rather than play P&R where he and Nash and he and Kobe should all be monsters.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 5331
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:37 pm

^^ It's frustrating because its so rare to see something like this in sports. At the professional level when athletes realize the have an advantage in something (Dwight in P&R) they exploit it to the absolute fullest.

Dwight, unfortunately, is more concerned with feeling good about himself than results so he'll keep trying to post because it makes him happy despite the strips, no footwork, inability to get good starting position, and intentional fouls taking advantage of his ABYSMAL FT shooting.

A true head shaker. :nono2:
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 pm

i foresee dwight blaming somebody after he turns it over
LooN3y

 
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Dwight needs to stop listening to Shaq and embrace his strengths.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21369
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby last stand on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:01 pm

Weezy wrote:
I'm still not giving a huge max contract to Dwight to be a maybe 2nd star to another possible star signing. I'm not going to say that we should sign Dwight by default because he's the best name available . That not how you win championships, throwing money at the only available guy, and saying "eh, who else are we gonna sign" is a terrible argument. I'd rather roll with no one, throw money at free agents in 2014, start drafting well and rebuild, rather than just paying a big name to take up all the cap room and lead us to nothing special.


when you find another player with a resume like dwight's at his age let me know
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm

^^^ What the no rings, shut down in the Finals and continually bounced in the 1st round resume?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18352
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby last stand on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ What the no rings, shut down in the Finals and continually bounced in the 1st round resume?



what the 2 ECF appearances, 1 NBA finals appearances, 3 DPOYs. real empty resume
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Yeah actually, I'd be pretty interested in whether there'd be anyone close to his resume available any time soon. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37019
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby last stand on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 pm

therealdeal wrote:Yeah actually, I'd be pretty interested in whether there'd be anyone close to his resume available any time soon. :man10:


exactly people are acting like there are just 24-27 year old proven superstars up for grabs. hell other than Lebron does anyone really have a more impressive resume under the age of 28 right now.

Durant? no
Rose? no
Rondo? no

i honestly believe some of the irrational talk surrounding howard are from people who are getting their first extended look at him (in an injury plagued, out of shape) season.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7354
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby Aonex on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 pm

You know, at this point... I say let Dwight have his shoulder surgery. The only buckets he's getting are from wide open shots caused by dribble penetration from our guards anyway, which I'm guessing Sacre can do... and he's not exactly a force defensively either. Let him heal up, give him the "organizational support" he's looking for, and hopefully have him healthy next season (assuming he re-signs).
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5222
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Dwight took the night off...again
cthroatgtr

 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: so cal

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 pm

last stand wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^ What the no rings, shut down in the Finals and continually bounced in the 1st round resume?



what the 2 ECF appearances, 1 NBA finals appearances, 3 DPOYs. real empty resume


Not the same player...either its the back or he's moping...either way he could at least bring the effort...but that doesn't even happen...plus his fundamentals are crap. RIght now he isn't a max player. If he was Lakers would be among the top teams. Instead he is playing like an above average player at best. Liability on the line, limited offensively, prone to offensive fouls...too often is out of position on defense. Guy has been awful this year and shouldn't be going to the all star game doesn't deserve it.
cthroatgtr

 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: so cal

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Aonex wrote:You know, at this point... I say let Dwight have his shoulder surgery. The only buckets he's getting are from wide open shots caused by dribble penetration from our guards anyway, which I'm guessing Sacre can do... and he's not exactly a force defensively either. Let him heal up, give him the "organizational support" he's looking for, and hopefully have him healthy next season (assuming he re-signs).



THIS.

I am so, SO sick of D12. I'd love to see Sacre out there mugging it up and getting some easy buckets and rebounds. At least it would be entertaining to watch. Howard is so, SO far from being a "Max deal" player it's hilarious. I don't care about his past. If that's all that mattered, then let's go sign Bill Russell to D it up. In the right here and right now, D12 is absolute garbage.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:
Aonex wrote:You know, at this point... I say let Dwight have his shoulder surgery. The only buckets he's getting are from wide open shots caused by dribble penetration from our guards anyway, which I'm guessing Sacre can do... and he's not exactly a force defensively either. Let him heal up, give him the "organizational support" he's looking for, and hopefully have him healthy next season (assuming he re-signs).



THIS.

I am so, SO sick of D12. I'd love to see Sacre out there mugging it up and getting some easy buckets and rebounds. At least it would be entertaining to watch. Howard is so, SO far from being a "Max deal" player it's hilarious. I don't care about his past. If that's all that mattered, then let's go sign Bill Russell to D it up. In the right here and right now, D12 is absolute garbage.

Awesome post :man4: sarcasm there just in case
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby 7cody on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Dwight took his jersey off before the game even ended. Am I looking into this too much or is there something I don't know?

If he doesn't want to impose his will and play with great effort, then we should trade him. If he's truly hurt and unable to play well, then we need to get that surgery and get him prepped to dominate next year.

We aren't winning a chip this year anyway. We need to make the playoffs for a successful season at this point.
User avatar
7cody

 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

The Lakers record isn't sarcastic. I see the team adjusting, fighting and sacrificing. The only person I don't see that from is the golden boy D12. So, all kidding aside:

Dwight Howard is garbage.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:33 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:The Lakers record isn't sarcastic.


this makes no sense in any language :freak2: yes he played with no heart out there we should trade him but your analysis is mind blowing, for the wrong reasons
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 pm

I think Mike Fratello said it best during the game. When your best defensive player who is a 3x DPOY hasn't boxed out his man once in the entire game, it's a bad sign.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21369
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 pm

We need to shut him down. Go get that surgery, get that contract signed & then come back. Hate repeating myself but he looks like Wade did from 06-08. Cannot handle injuries/surgeries
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19952
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 pm

khmrP wrote:
SpencerHarrison wrote:The Lakers record isn't sarcastic.


this makes no sense in any language :freak2: yes he played with no heart out there we should trade him but your analysis is mind blowing, for the wrong reasons


That seems a little trollish. I think my point was perfectly clear.

We're a losing team, and D12 has not only been a big disappointment, but a media distraction. And we're planning on giving him the keys to the city for essentially lying down and moaning all season.

Get cute with my posts all you want, but I'm going to keep hating until I see something from him.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:
khmrP wrote:
SpencerHarrison wrote:The Lakers record isn't sarcastic.


this makes no sense in any language :freak2: yes he played with no heart out there we should trade him but your analysis is mind blowing, for the wrong reasons


That seems a little trollish. I think my point was perfectly clear.

We're a losing team, and D12 has not only been a big disappointment, but a media distraction. And we're planning on giving him the keys to the city for essentially lying down and moaning all season.

Get cute with my posts all you want, but I'm going to keep hating until I see something from him.


what is exactly is sarcastic about our record? I agree I rather trade him now, I dont want to bother with him anymore. He makes me want to punch the tv just like Bynum at times.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 pm

...

I give up man. I don't follow. You said "Sarcasm added."

I responded "Our record isn't sarcastic."

You ask "What exactly is sarcastic about our record?"

Thread has been lost. Just drop it and talk D12.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby 7cody on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Am I seriously the only one concerned that Dwight takes off his jersey before the game ends? Is there something that I don't know?

Someone please tell me that this just his thing and that he has been doing this since he was a rookie.
User avatar
7cody

 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 pm

the record isn't sarcastic makes no sense, that is all. READ it and try to make sense, it doesn't
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Discussion: heart in city / headband in wrapper

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 pm

7cody wrote:Am I seriously the only one concerned that Dwight takes off his jersey before the game ends? Is there something that I don't know?

Someone please tell me that this just his thing and that he has been doing this since he was a rookie.


It certainly comes off as defeatist. It's like he's either mopey or jolly. No fire
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Helljumper, MSNbot Media and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.