D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:Ok great, glad we cleared that up.

You made a mistake, and wont back down from it no matter what. lol

Continue name calling in lie of rational debate and have a great day! :man12:


prove that being dumb is a requirement of either. you can't. also now i'm name calling. find where i did so. baiting to get me suspended is childish.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm

last stand wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:Ok great, glad we cleared that up.

You made a mistake, and wont back down from it no matter what. lol

Continue name calling in lie of rational debate and have a great day! :man12:


prove that being dumb is a requirement of either. you can't.


If you'd like an english comp lesson, we can take it offline.

I have a feeling most others on here went through one in college.

Feel free to PM me for more info, rather than derail this thread any more than you already have.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Who's the next best big man? In fact, who's the next best Center we can get that's somewhere among the top big men? There isn't one. Big men are a premium and you need to keep the guy you get your hands on.

That being said, if he's serious about not wanting to be here. If he's 100% not re-signing I trade him now. I dont' think he's 100% anything and I don't think he walks away from 30 million so he's probably here forever.

In two years when we pair him with another star, all of this stupid drama will go away. Is he a winner? No. but neither was Shaq until he had a young Kobe Bryant and a young Dwayne Wade. Maybe Dwight isn't a winner until we find him his young running man.


exactly. firstly the free agent classes are always up in the air. remember the 2007 plan, how'd that work out for us.

also it is just ridiculous to intentionally give up the best big man barring a statement from him that he's leaving, and even then you still act diligently. you only trade him for picks with expiring contracts or hope that a team like portland is willing to give up a guy like aldridge.

but succumbing to trading him for brooklyn's garbage, or settling for the atlanta package. just too hasty and could hurt this franchise
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Center Court on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm

last stand wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Who's the next best big man? In fact, who's the next best Center we can get that's somewhere among the top big men? There isn't one. Big men are a premium and you need to keep the guy you get your hands on.

That being said, if he's serious about not wanting to be here. If he's 100% not re-signing I trade him now. I dont' think he's 100% anything and I don't think he walks away from 30 million so he's probably here forever.

In two years when we pair him with another star, all of this stupid drama will go away. Is he a winner? No. but neither was Shaq until he had a young Kobe Bryant and a young Dwayne Wade. Maybe Dwight isn't a winner until we find him his young running man.


exactly. firstly the free agent classes are always up in the air. remember the 2007 plan, how'd that work out for us.

also it is just ridiculous to intentionally give up the best big man barring a statement from him that he's leaving, and even then you still act diligently. you only trade him for picks with expiring contracts or hope that a team like portland is willing to give up a guy like aldridge.

but succumbing to trading him for brooklyn's garbage, or settling for the atlanta package. just too hasty and could hurt this franchise


he couldn't and didn't want to make it work for 1 season, how do you expect him to just play the role for 2?
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3169
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

^^ I, like you, don't understand why things are expected to change if we go into next season with the same roster. Say we re-sign Dwight because he wants the most money, does that mean he all of a sudden likes playing with Kobe? I highly doubt it. So what does that mean for next season then, another season of sitting through this garbage? 2 players that have zero chemistry on the court, one giving his all, one not giving a crap, we expect a different result? So if Dwight chooses us does that mean he tries to get Kobe traded so this can be his team? Again, highly doubt it, so why realistically would he stay for this, even if for only one more season, even if he's making a lot of money, if he's this unhappy? I really don't see Howard re-signing and playing with a guy he dislikes and a coach he seems to hate, even for 30 million, I'd think Adidas money is probably bigger than his NBA contract or at least comparable and more than enough to let him go where he wants not where he gets the most money. That's why I say trade him, why would we want to sit through this another full season, why would we not want to get something for Howard while we can, instead of nothing but money off the books that really doesn't even help us because we're so far over?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I see the highlight videos, and the impassioned defense of what a healthy D12 can bring, but I just don't get the sense that Dwight is fighting or wants to represent the Lakers. We aren't talking about a role player free agent here, this is supposedly the FACE OF THE FRANCHISE GOING FORWARD.

It's senseless. I think the deal making that Mitch did to get Nash and Howard to LA was amazing and made the offseason a lot of fun.

But with the benefit of hindsight, the moves themselves seem like namechasing. Like playing 2k sports and assembling a super team. D12 has these stats, so he'll be great. Nash did this stuff in PHX so he'll be great. D'Antoni does this stuff when he has Steve Nash so HE'LL be great.

No dice. It didn't work. The chemistry is off. The only reason the Lakers have played better is dumping the Nash/D'Antoni system, playing through Kobe, and gelling a little on defense. And the emergence of Earl Clark.
SpencerHarrison

 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 pm

relevant stuff from dwight interview with broussard during the celebrity game:

1. did not expect to be 25-29 when he was traded here
2. it's a work in progress, gotta play together
3. when asked about the identity of the team, nervous laugh...don't know, that's what we gotta figure out
4. ready to train hard during the all star break (laff) so that he's ready to come out strong for the second part of the season
5. says he's been told by mitch he's not being traded
6. isn't worried about where he'll be next year, focus is on this season, getting to the playoffs and winning the championship
7. still believes, tells laker nation to believe

ehhhhhhhh
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Weezy wrote:^^ I, like you, don't understand why things are expected to change if we go into next season with the same roster. Say we re-sign Dwight because he wants the most money, does that mean he all of a sudden likes playing with Kobe? I highly doubt it. So what does that mean for next season then, another season of sitting through this garbage? 2 players that have zero chemistry on the court, one giving his all, one not giving a crap, we expect a different result? So if Dwight chooses us does that mean he tries to get Kobe traded so this can be his team? Again, highly doubt it, so why realistically would he stay for this, even if for only one more season, even if he's making a lot of money, if he's this unhappy? I really don't see Howard re-signing and playing with a guy he dislikes and a coach he seems to hate, even for 30 million, I'd think Adidas money is probably bigger than his NBA contract or at least comparable and more than enough to let him go where he wants not where he gets the most money. That's why I say trade him, why would we want to sit through this another full season, why would we not want to get something for Howard while we can, instead of nothing but money off the books that really doesn't even help us because we're so far over?


how do we know that dwight really hates playing with kobe THAT much. of course the media says it but the media says a lot of things, sometimes adding drama to otherwise more tame situations.

remember the report that kobe told dwight he had to be tyson chandler. there is no way to know if it's an irreparable situation or know if the situation is even that bad.

how do we know that it isn't just his physical limitations bringing his psyche down, how do we know it isn't the coaching situation bringing him down, how do we know him and kobe really don't like eachother.

only the lakers know what's going on, and the lakers will decide accordingly. just doesn't make sense to assume that dwight and kobe really hate eachother. there maybe friction, and they may not like each other but i think it's silly to assume they hate each other. especially since kobe has so vehemently denied it, as has dwight to some extent
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby thebluemamba14 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Despite vow from Lakers, Howard still not ready to commit

By Michael Wallace
ESPNLosAngeles.com

Image

HOUSTON -- Different All-Star city, same mixed messages from Dwight Howard regarding his future.

Dwight Howard was a popular subject at All-Star media availability Friday with most reporters wanting to know what his future plans are.
For a second straight season, Howard's commitment to his team has come under intense scrutiny during All-Star Weekend. And much like last year's midseason showcase in Orlando, Fla., when he was still with the Magic, Howard shuffled between conflicting statements and left no indication whether he wanted to remain with the Lakers.

Howard confirmed Friday he has received assurances from Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak that he wouldn't be dealt by next week's trade deadline despite his unwillingness to commit to an extension or a new contract after the season.

Asked during Friday's All-Star media session if he'd be shocked if the Lakers traded him in the coming days, Howard said: "Well, they told me they weren't going to trade me. So, yeah, I would be surprised."

Howard spent much of his 30-minute session with reporters trying to deflect questions about his future. But ultimately, he said he wouldn't be pressured by anyone into making a decision about his future before the end of the season.

"The only thing that matters is the present, and right now," Howard said. "There's no need to talk about what's going to happen at the end of the season. No reason to go back and forth about it. I just feel like at the end of the year, I should have my opportunity to make my own decision. I shouldn't be criticized for waiting for the end of the year."

Without some kind of indication from Howard, the Lakers could risk losing the league's best center in free agency this summer without getting key assets in return. Orlando faced the same dilemma this time last season, but ultimately got Howard to waive an early termination contract clause that would have allowed him to enter free agency last summer.

But Howard's relationship with the Magic hit another snag during the season's stretch run and he opted for season-ending back surgery. After the season, Orlando fired coach Stan Van Gundy and general manager Otis Smith, then traded Howard to the Lakers with a year left on his deal.

The Lakers, who have struggled through injuries and style clashes on the court, are now facing the same uncertainty. But just as Howard suggested he didn't want to talk about his future, he then said he didn't believe it was fair for teammates, front-office staff, media or fans to criticize his decision to hold off on any commitment until July.

"It's not [difficult] for me," Howard said. "Everybody else wants me to talk about the future. But for me, the only thing I'm concerned with right now is to have fun at All-Star Weekend, and continue to train so I can come back and have a pretty good second half. I'm not going to deal with it. I had to deal with it all last year. I'm not going to do it again. There's no need to talk about it. I want to have fun."

Very little about playing for the Lakers has been fun, Howard said. Considering he entered the season recovering from back surgery, the early season coaching change from Mike Brown to Mike D'Antoni, the struggles to adjust to a new playing style, the torn shoulder labrum he's playing through right now and the losses, it has been a challenge.

The numbers reflect that burden. Howard is averaging 16.3 points, the fewest since his third season in the league. He leads the league in rebounding, but the 11.8 boards are his fewest since his rookie season. Howard is also fouling, on average, at the highest rate of his career.

"I didn't expect it to go this sour," Howard said with the Lakers at 25-29 and four games out of the final playoff spot in the West. "There's always room for improvement. We had to battle a lot of things this year. A lot of injuries, guys being new here. We've had to deal with a lot."

Still, Howard said he's convinced the Lakers can go on a run in the second half of the season to get into the playoffs.

"I'm not going to get up here and tell you, 'No, we're not.' " Howard said. "I still have faith in my team. We have to figure out a way to do it, and do it fast."

But Howard stopped short of suggesting that a strong finish from the Lakers would factor into his decision to stay or leave. He laughed when a reporter from Dallas reminded him that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban really wants him. Howard also dodged questions from New York-area reporters who asked if he was still interested in Brooklyn.

There was also a moment when Howard denied that he ever said he was uncertain about his future. Moments later, he reiterated he hasn't reached a decision either way.

"Our job is to come out and play hard every night, and we have to live in the moment," Howard said. "Nobody can control what happens at the end of the year."



To me this is implying that Howard would be upset if we trade him by the deadline. He feels like the Lakers need to be loyal to him up until the end of the season. Why? The Lakers don't owe him anything! Why should we be loyal to him if HE knows for a fact he's not going to be here next season? I don't think Dwight was happy from the start. Idk about you guys but his interviews from when he was traded here all seemed fake to me. He was fooling everyone with his fake grins and stories about wanting to be here. He wanted to go to Brooklyn all along, and he still does. How hard is it to tell the front office that he would love to sign a deal with the lakers this off-season, but he would also like to explore his options? But no, nothing. He's walking on us.
User avatar
thebluemamba14

 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm

last stand wrote:
Weezy wrote:^^ I, like you, don't understand why things are expected to change if we go into next season with the same roster. Say we re-sign Dwight because he wants the most money, does that mean he all of a sudden likes playing with Kobe? I highly doubt it. So what does that mean for next season then, another season of sitting through this garbage? 2 players that have zero chemistry on the court, one giving his all, one not giving a crap, we expect a different result? So if Dwight chooses us does that mean he tries to get Kobe traded so this can be his team? Again, highly doubt it, so why realistically would he stay for this, even if for only one more season, even if he's making a lot of money, if he's this unhappy? I really don't see Howard re-signing and playing with a guy he dislikes and a coach he seems to hate, even for 30 million, I'd think Adidas money is probably bigger than his NBA contract or at least comparable and more than enough to let him go where he wants not where he gets the most money. That's why I say trade him, why would we want to sit through this another full season, why would we not want to get something for Howard while we can, instead of nothing but money off the books that really doesn't even help us because we're so far over?


how do we know that dwight really hates playing with kobe THAT much. of course the media says it but the media says a lot of things, sometimes adding drama to otherwise more tame situations.

remember the report that kobe told dwight he had to be tyson chandler. there is no way to know if it's an irreparable situation or know if the situation is even that bad.

how do we know that it isn't just his physical limitations bringing his psyche down, how do we know it isn't the coaching situation bringing him down, how do we know him and kobe really don't like eachother.

only the lakers know what's going on, and the lakers will decide accordingly. just doesn't make sense to assume that dwight and kobe really hate eachother. there maybe friction, and they may not like each other but i think it's silly to assume they hate each other. especially since kobe has so vehemently denied it, as has dwight to some extent


We don't KNOW any of that either way. The evidence though, IMO, would suggest that more of what I and others are saying is true where what you're saying sounds like excuses, again, to me. Just my opinion based on what I see with what I see from Kobe and Dwight on the court, in interviews, our terrible record, what's being reported, and so forth. I go by what I'm seeing and what keeps being reported over and over, not what excuses I can come up with. Tired of the injury excuses, tired of hearing the same things over and over from the players but seeing the same results on the court. Dwight and Kobe might not dislike eachother, but what matters is they have zero chemistry on the court. We're at the all-star break and the chemistry isn't getting better, it's as bad as ever. What evidence do we have that that's going to change? I'm saying what I see isn't working and we have the record to prove it, you're saying we sign Dwight long term and Kobe and he will magically work next season? Based on what, that Dwight might be healthy? That he might be happy having gotten paid? That we'll be paying a 4th coach at one time and 'Antoni will be gone? That's too many assumptions and ifs for me.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Remember when one of the reasons trading Bynum for Dwight was supposed to be because D12 "brings it every night?" (that isn't, BTW, a point I supported, I actually argued against that notion).

Honestly... has Dwight brought it more than Andrew? I really don't think so. Drew was a fighter. Howard seems like he's given up already. Where is the fight?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 pm

JGC wrote:Remember when one of the reasons trading Bynum for Dwight was supposed to be because D12 "brings it every night?" (that isn't, BTW, a point I supported, I actually argued against that notion).

Honestly... has Dwight brought it more than Andrew? I really don't think so. Drew was a fighter. Howard seems like he's given up already. Where is the fight?


I dont know, I can remember him having nights or even stretches of that intense, "eff you we're not going to lose" attitude, but I can also remember many times of us complaining about this exact same thing with him, sometime it just seemd like he straight up want trying.

I think the worse this road gets with Dwight, the more fondly we try to remember Bynum?
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Fight? You want fight from him? :man10: He just told everyone he is happy when he is "having fun". Winning's not what gets him off.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Shadow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:01 pm

We gave Bynum 7 years.. Im sure we can give this guy an opportunity to get healthy and show us what he can do again. Our entire struggles shouldn't be based on just one guy's performance, we win as a team, we lose as team. The Lakers just need to shut up and play, stop the crying, stop pointing fingers, and just focus on our target, and thats to get to the playoffs and see what we can do from there.
User avatar
Shadow

 
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

JGC wrote:Remember when one of the reasons trading Bynum for Dwight was supposed to be because D12 "brings it every night?" (that isn't, BTW, a point I supported, I actually argued against that notion).

Honestly... has Dwight brought it more than Andrew? I really don't think so. Drew was a fighter. Howard seems like he's given up already. Where is the fight?


A) drew was slacking off while healthy, after training all offseason. he should have been in perfect shape. Dwight just started running late august, basketball activity in september, lets stop living in this fantasy world that the andrews best season while he was healthy is fairly comparable to dwights season this year when he's clearly not even close to himself according to well everyone who watches the game of basketball and dwight howard his whole career. mike fratello, charles barkley, jeff van gundy, stan van gundy, and many more have repeated themselves pretty consistently that dwight isn't close to himself. oh ya and dwight himself has also repeated this notion. comparing andrew's best season when he was healthy, playing in an offense built for him to a guy coming off major back surgery, in nowhere near correct shape, playing with a moron of a coach is dubious at best.

2) why is andrew brought up again. the guy may never play again the way it's going, i wouldn't be shocked if microfracture surgery doesn't show up in his future.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Shadow wrote:We gave Bynum 7 years.. Im sure we can give this guy an opportunity to get healthy and show us what he can do again. Our entire struggles shouldn't be based on just one guy's performance, we win as a team, we lose as team. The Lakers just need to shut up and play, stop the crying, stop pointing fingers, and just focus on our target, and thats to get to the playoffs and see what we can do from there.


wow, rationality. it does exist
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

last stand wrote:
Shadow wrote:We gave Bynum 7 years.. Im sure we can give this guy an opportunity to get healthy and show us what he can do again. Our entire struggles shouldn't be based on just one guy's performance, we win as a team, we lose as team. The Lakers just need to shut up and play, stop the crying, stop pointing fingers, and just focus on our target, and thats to get to the playoffs and see what we can do from there.


wow, rationality. it does exist


There isn't an eye rolling emoticon big enough to respond to this statement. Not the same thing, Bynum was on a rookie contract, then a still reasonable 2nd/3rd option contract, he makes 15 mil this season. When you have a project on a rookie contract, it's worth it to give it time, because they aren't worth a ton in a trade and the payoff could be big. Howard is looking for a MAX contract and giving partial effort, not comparable. If we had him locked up for another season on his current contract we could give him now and the offseason to get healthy to further judge him, but we don't. We have to make a decision now, trade him, or roll with him and hope he re-signs and takes the pile of money and gets back to what he was. It's a gamble no matter what, but the Bynum situation is not comparable. Why is Bynum constantly brought up anyway, he's gone and he hasn't played a game this season.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Weezy wrote:
last stand wrote:
Shadow wrote:We gave Bynum 7 years.. Im sure we can give this guy an opportunity to get healthy and show us what he can do again. Our entire struggles shouldn't be based on just one guy's performance, we win as a team, we lose as team. The Lakers just need to shut up and play, stop the crying, stop pointing fingers, and just focus on our target, and thats to get to the playoffs and see what we can do from there.


wow, rationality. it does exist


There isn't an eye rolling emoticon big enough to respond to this statement. Not the same thing, Bynum was on a rookie contract, then a still reasonable 2nd/3rd option contract, he makes 15 mil this season. When you have a project on a rookie contract, it's worth it to give it time, because they aren't worth a ton in a trade and the payoff could be big. Howard is looking for a MAX contract and giving partial effort, not comparable. If we had him locked up for another season on his current contract we could give him now and the offseason to get healthy to further judge him, but we don't. We have to make a decision now, trade him, or roll with him and hope he re-signs and takes the pile of money and gets back to what he was. It's a gamble no matter what, but the Bynum situation is not comparable. Why is Bynum constantly brought up anyway, he's gone and he hasn't played a game this season.


well that's not the part i found particularly insightful. it's those last 2 sentences
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Shadow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Weezy, I understand what you mean, but your talking like if were officially out of the playoffs. For all we know things could turn around, and Dwight could probably deliver for us big time come playoff time. Im confident we can make it, however, it seems like the blame for all of our struggles went from Mike Brown to Dwight Howard when it fact its everyone responsibility to deliver. How about we just deal with his contract issues when the time is set and done but were talking dollar and cents when the season isnt quite over yet. Everyone wants to hear a commitment from Dwight and were letting the media get into our heads, that we forget our biggest goal right now and thats getting to the playoffs.
User avatar
Shadow

 
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:07 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:26 pm

like i've said before everyone but kobe (for the most part) deserves blame

dwight for having a piss poor attitude
gasol for having a piss poor attitude
nash for not shooting consistently, turning the ball over, and playing no defense
jaimison for playing embarrassing defense
artest for thinking he's allowed to shoot as much as howard, gasol, and nash and playing average defense on a good night
meeks for defining streaky

dwight has become the scapegoat, like drew was last season.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm

If be all for dealing with contract issues when the time comes if the players were too. Dwight is clearly coasting to the offseason to get paid not pushing himself to get hurt any further if you ask me, so if he doesn't give 100% to right now why should I focus on only now. And I'm sorry, but us magically putting it together and making the playoffs and then a run in them is about as big a long shot as long shots can get. I'm done with the blind optimism, the time for that ended like 2 months ago. We are what we are, not very good, old, and injured. Players still aren't meshing, players are still out, and our coach is still Mike 'Antoni, nothing has changed.

I understand having faith in your team, I've had it my whole NBA watching life, but come on, some of these guys have packed it up mentally (even freakin Nash has pretty much said we aren't winning anything this season publicly twice), and even when they try they're outmatched, we just got destroyed by the Clippers last night. We're 1-9 against the top 4 teams in the west, we're horrible on the road, and we cannot get to .500, let alone above it, eventually time is gonna run out on this, it's a numbers game only right now. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong in the end, but I don't see it, sometimes you're just not good enough and other teams are just that much better.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:10 pm

I would agree he's packed it in this year...which totally sucks for Kobe's cause but we have to look long term we have to keep him. There are not many promising alternatives. Its not like we can acquire pieces now that can make us an immediate contender this year or next year and definitely letting him go for nothing is not an option. This is a marriage we have to work out with him
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 pm

last stand wrote:
Shadow wrote:We gave Bynum 7 years.. Im sure we can give this guy an opportunity to get healthy and show us what he can do again. Our entire struggles shouldn't be based on just one guy's performance, we win as a team, we lose as team. The Lakers just need to shut up and play, stop the crying, stop pointing fingers, and just focus on our target, and thats to get to the playoffs and see what we can do from there.


wow, rationality. it does exist


share your sentiment Shadow but I feel like we're getting short end of the stick with Howard right now.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 am

Code: Select all
Kobe boasted about how he bonded with Bynum last All-Star. Same case with Dwight? Kobe: "I don't ...

"I don’t know how much more we need to strengthen it really," Bryant said of his relationship with Dwight Howard. "I think it’s where it should be. The communication that I have with him is about execution and about what he needs to do on the court. That’s where it’s going to stay."

There you have it.


http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/ce45f83b-4ded-4386-a6df-2b94fb6263e9/?source=twitter
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Dwight Howard Discussion: a loss to smile about

Postby MC on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:51 am

IMO Howard's issue has nothing to do with Bryant......... it has everything to do with the coaching hire and this "commitment" they have made towards that.

If you hire a coach that doesn't know how to use more traditional big men (which Gasol is and Howard wants to be) you will have problems with your big men.

This is not rocket science here.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.