D12 Discussion: Dwightmare over! (1139)

Re: D12 Thread: Hey Mitch, tell me how my @** feel

Postby abeer3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm

don't like the "you're reading too much into it" quote from dwight. most of what he had said was positive in recent weeks, but this doesn't sound great. could be the emotions of a tough game/series, but man, this isn't the way you wanted it to end if you want to keep him.
abeer3

Postby kblo247 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Why would Dwight openly commit to them? H has them by the balls and leverage. He can get rid of a stupid coach with an ultimatum. And if he's smart he can force them to make roster moves, and not be stuck wasting 2 more years of his prime like they wasted Kobe's as a one man circus.

I wouldn't openly commit to the team either.

Let them sweat especially with this CBA. It's business. No one in this team outside Kobe is truly top 5-10 let alone elite at their position. It would be foolish to just hope Nash or Pau or Metta find a hit tub time machine or Pringles is lucky enough to have Phil give him a how to coach for dummies book.

Make changes happen. Make a better fitting roster happen. Get a coach be it Phil or Stan who won't run his players into the ground, knows X's and O's, and who will protect his players by attacking the refs.

I'm sorry I'm a lakers fan, but I'm a realist, Dwight should make that **** happen before he ever touches pen to contract ... Don't be dumb and trusting and watch your prime athletic years go to waste like Kobe was when he signed in the summer of 04 off their word and had to then kick off a **** storm years later to make them actually live up to it and bring in talent.

This is just smarter by Dwight in the long run
kblo247

Postby SK8 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Honestly, i don't care what will Dwight do this summer, seriously, yes yes he was not 100% but still, the way he mentally went through this season is :nono2:
Just ask yourself, do you think that Dwight can carry this Lakers team NEXT 5 YEARS :man4:
hell no, he was awesome in Orlando because that team was built to be perfect for Dwight, this Lakers are far far from that.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby abeer3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm

same conversation we've had all year: commitment isn't necessary, but positive statements of intent whenever the issue arises would be good. lots of players say they want to stay somewhere, but leave it open. i mean, all sorts of things could happen between now and july that would make a verbal commitment change. but you'd think he could muster a "this is the first place i'm considering" or "i'd really like to stay here" if these things were true.

his very intentional public stance leads me to believe that he's truly unsure, and i'm not sure if that makes sense. he pretty much knows what he's dealing with here (short-term rebuild, track record of greatness). he knows what his other options will be (teams with space and at least one top notch nba player in atlanta, dallas, and houston). if his issue is that he's waiting to hear the other teams' pitch...he's sort of gone already, imo.
abeer3

Postby kblo247 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

He doesn't know what he's dealing with ... Jerry isn't here. He's entering an unknown territory here.
kblo247

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:06 pm

BuzzerBeater wrote:
#DwightHowardIsMoreUselessThan studying for a Latin test

Studying Latin is not a useless endeavor.
Snake Eyes

Postby abeer3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 pm

kblo247 wrote:He doesn't know what he's dealing with ... Jerry isn't here. He's entering an unknown territory here.

so, you're saying he should walk. i mean, he's not really going to know much more about jim buss by july 1.
abeer3

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Leaving it up in the air until July 1st isn't going to help us any.. I hope he atleast talks to Mitch & gives him some indication, so that he knows what pieces he's planning around.
lakersin4

Postby abeer3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Leaving it up in the air until July 1st isn't going to help us any.. I hope he atleast talks to Mitch & gives him some indication, so that he knows what pieces he's planning around.

yep. the lakers can't--and shouldn't--do anything until they know whether dwight's staying or not. for example, dwight's decision has everything to do with a) the decision as to whether to trade pau and b) what to look for in return if they do decide to trade him.

if dwight's leaving, i don't think i move pau. if i did, i'd be going full-on future for my return, without any regard for current impact. if he's staying, i may keep pau. or i'd look to move him for a couple guys that can help the team win in the short term.
abeer3

Postby vaitimeri on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Its obvious he is talking to Mitch, you can clearly see he calls his name. Im confident in saying that.

Now for some speculation.. For me, it looks like he was explaining himself cause Im sure he knew Mitch was upset. I think I read the word "back" in there, my guess it was something about Baynes elbowing him in the back...

Anyways, I hope we can resign D12. His defense is just to hard to pass on..
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby kblo247 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:20 pm

abeer3 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:He doesn't know what he's dealing with ... Jerry isn't here. He's entering an unknown territory here.

so, you're saying he should walk. i mean, he's not really going to know much more about jim buss by july 1.

I'm not saying he should walk, but he should sit down with his agent and make a list. They should then go and make the FO show their commitment.

Fire Dantoni. It's not just X's and O's either, Dantoni didn't protect him at all this series by confronting the refs or taking a fine like Phil would, pop would, Karl would, and like Stan did. Spurs got to hammer him because his coach never addressed it

See what is e l,an with Nash, Pau, and Metta. They aren't starters anymore in this league at their position. They are just burdens for Kobe and Dight to haul off on their back over the finishing line. The team needs a new 1, 3, and 4 starter.

You can't just go by their word. Kobe wasted three prime years of his career in their word while they surrounded him with Smush, cook, Kwame, etc. prime years and a knee surgery to be exact. It's just not smart until you make Jim, Heanie, and Mitch bout their ducks in a row and have a true vision for this team that doesn't rely on Pringles or Hell be back next week Steve Nash, MWP, and 0-16 without Kobe when it counts Pau.
kblo247

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Not really worrying too much about his re-signing, no Dwightmare for me.

Id like him to re-sign, and I think he will. Im expecting him to make some demands of the FO before he signs though. He'll be here unless he doesn't want to be, and if he doesn't want to be here, not much we can do about that. I dont think he'll leave Mitch in the dark for months on what he's leaning towards doing (atleast I hope not).
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 pm

odom1year wrote:D12 was frustrated. No one helped him in both ends in this series.

As said before, welcome to Kobe's world when Kobe isn't there to "help" Dwight. Dwight doesn't have the skills to create many shots on his own. Defensively you are pretty correct.

That said, what the referees allowed to go on the whole series with San Antonio constantly, flagrantly mugging him was disgraceful. Eff all of the refs that took part in it.
LTLakerFan

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:Not really worrying too much about his re-signing, no Dwightmare for me.

Id like him to re-sign, and I think he will. Im expecting him to make some demands of the FO before he signs though. He'll be here unless he doesn't want to be, and if he doesn't want to be here, not much we can do about that. I dont think he'll leave Mitch in the dark for months on what he's leaning towards doing (atleast I hope not).
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Honestly, i don't care what will Dwight do this summer, seriously, yes yes he was not 100% but still, the way he mentally went through this season is :nono2:
Just ask yourself, do you think that Dwight can carry this Lakers team NEXT 5 YEARS :man4:
hell no, he was awesome in Orlando because that team was built to be perfect for Dwight, this Lakers are far far from that.

yea lets just go sign another Star player this off-season then :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:54 pm

We just saw Dwight's last game as a Laker. I will truly be shocked if he's back next season.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby noobiew on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm

These sum up Dwight Howard in the series.

Dwight didn't look too happy man :man5: Thank you Jimbo and Mitch ! :bow:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby slimjim on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Last edited by slimjim on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimjim

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Not sure if he is yelling at refs or Mitch...looks like Mitch.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 pm

definitely at mitch, damn it nobody here can read lips?
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 pm

I think he is yelling at the refs. It seems that his eyes are looking more towards the court than Mitch.
Snake Eyes

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 pm

https://twitter.com/ESPNChrisPalmer/status/328738863902236673
Dwight Howard can make $118M with the Lakers or $88M elsewhere.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 pm

What the f***? :man10: I was at that game, sat next to the tunnel.

I can tell you all from being a witness he was just mad at the refs. He was yelling in general. He wasn't yelling anything at Mitch. :man10:

He's not leaving this summer. Obviously everything he said was absolutely true, but guess what? We as fans knew this was the season from hell. That line doesn't mean he's leaving. We all knew he and Kobe weren't best friends, that's not new...

You all need to calm down about him leaving. He's not leaving the Adidas deal AND a guaranteed 30 million on the table this summer. It ain't happening.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:50 pm

okay, but if he's yelling at the refs why turn right when Mitch brushes his butt with his hand? and the refs aren't near the tunnel..... just sayin. i hope its not at mitch, but it sure looks like it

edit. realdeal, glad you cleared that up
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 am

No guarantee Kobe will be a top 5-10 player when he returns. Of course if anyone can do it, that would be him, but the possibility that he doesn't make it all the way back can't be dismissed. What then? D12 would be coming back to a team undergoing major rebuild. On the other hand, he won't know that before he takes his decision this summer. D12 knows he can pair up with an All-Star under 30 in HOU and ATL. OTOH, maybe Adidas will tell him he needs to stay in LA to get more money from them.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard