Darius Johnson Odom Discussion: Waived

Re: Welcome to the Lakers Darius Johnson Odom

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 pm

I wish we at least got a chance to see this kid play dammit. I'm guessing he'll be gone by Thursday...

I wish it was Goudelock or Morris gone. Hell I wish it was both of them gone.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Kid didn't even get a chance. He deserved at least a chance to prove himself out there. :disagree:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Yeah, he would have matched up with Bledsoe in terms of speed, which nobody on our team has except maybe Meeks.

That's the thing I like about Phil Jackson. He'll put a random bench guy out there in a big game, and it would work wonders. Tyronn Lue against Allen Iverson in '01. Luke against the Pistons in '04 (didn't last long but you get the point). Kareem Rush against the Timberwolves in '04. Ariza later on. He can bring out the best in some of our bench players in critical moments.

Mike Brown plays it too safe and sticks with only what he's familiar with and expects them to bail him out every time, even with tired legs. Sometimes you gotta throw a wrench in the other team's plans.

Clips rolled with Bledsoe and Hollins cause it worked. It's time for us to counter, but we didn't. :man5:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:I wish we at least got a chance to see this kid play dammit. I'm guessing he'll be gone by Thursday...

Goudelock isn't that bad. I'd like to keep him. He can create his own shot and he's a shooter, which we still lack (consistent shooters that is). If I had to pick between Goudelock and DJO (unproven, granted he hasn't been given many opportunities, but still), I'd go with Glock.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 pm

If we're gonna waive DJO, we're gonna be in big trouble. Yes, he is an 11th or 12th man, but he is the only guy fast enough on our roster who can stay with Westbrook and the rest of them.

Bledsoe just tore us a new hole, and I'm sure DJO would have made his life more difficult. If only MB will give him at least spot minutes, just long enough to cool off the hot PGs of this league.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby venky on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Watch. Watch DJO get cut and light it up for another team. Just watch.
venky

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I wish we at least got a chance to see this kid play dammit. I'm guessing he'll be gone by Thursday...

Goudelock isn't that bad. I'd like to keep him. He can create his own shot and he's a shooter, which we still lack (consistent shooters that is). If I had to pick between Goudelock and DJO (unproven, granted he hasn't been given many opportunities, but still), I'd go with Glock.

I wouldn't. Goudelock is a defensive liability, his offense is one-man oriented and he can't even move the ball within a system offense. He looked terrible.

Johnson-Odom hasn't even been given a shot and I'd rather he be on the team than Goudelock and the fallacy of his offensive abilities.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Glock can catch and shoot. Hes a floor spacer. His skill can be used with this team in the right manner. Hes not someone who overdribbles either, he'll be perfect playing off the ball against Pau and Howard

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 pm

And Darius Johnson-Odom is also capable of shooting outside, that's not a unique trait and that's not the only trait we need.

What about defense? Hustle? Heart? I haven't seen any of that from Goudelock for two seasons. Odom doesn't even get a chance? Bull****.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Glock tries hard on defense, hes just not gifted physically to keep up with most guys. Isnt zone D or whatever Mike Brown's specialty why not hide him? Glock addresses a HUGE need of ours which is 3 point shooting, if he can address that need he deserves to be in the rotation. And besides none of our backups are gonna stop anyone (maybe Meeks can pick up charges but nothing tells me hes a good 1 on 1 defender). I'd rather rely on the guy whom we know something about when given time than the one who we dont know anything about. If it were up to me Id keep both and just bite the bullet and pay Clark to leave. But if I have to choose I'll keep Glock

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 pm

I just disagree.

Just because we know him doesn't mean anything. We also know all of his faults. Just because he tries hard defensively, doesn't mean he's effective and I don't think he tries all that hard anyway. Johnson-Odom works hard every play and we've seen that even in the limited time he's had on the floor.

Johnson-Odom is also known as a capable shooter anyway, so it's not like it's impossible or him to be Goudelock-esque out there. And given his other physical gifts he can do so much more.

He at the very least deserves a chance.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Like others have already said, I completely agree with holding onto the kid to match up against the speed and athletic PGs of the league. He won't shut down guys like Westbrook and Bledsoe (tonight) but at least he'll make them work hard to get theirs. You look up and down our roster and we have nobody that can slow down an athletic speedster at the 1 position. DJO would've been that guy and that falls on Coach Brown. DJ Vitus brought a great example with PJ bringing in Tyronn Lue to guard the MVP in the Finals.

Glock can't D up and is an undersized SG. DJO has more value to us at this point than Glock...we know what what we have with Glock....in the limited minutes we saw DJO, I'm pretty confident he would've been a major deterrent on the defensive side of the ball.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 pm

:beer: It feels weird being called that, but I'm not sure what to change my name to. :man3:
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

He just posted the "Peace" sign on Twitter...emoticon from his phone. Does that mean anything or am I reaching here :man10:

https://twitter.com/KingMe_DJ1/status/261604842735280128

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm

he talked to his mom and posted a peace sign. definitely about to get cut if he didnt already.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby purp n gold on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

so we're keeping Goudelock + Morris & letting CDR + DJO go? :freak2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Making room for Delonte...........conspiracy theory FTW.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 pm

The future of Darius Johnson-Odom will likely be in Ukraine with Azovmash Mariupol. The rookie will be released by the Lakers with whom he is at the camp. Johnson-Odom might replace Nemanja Gordic in the Ukrainian club.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/ukraine/45357/darius-johnson-odom-heading-to-azovmash-mariupol.html

This cut will bother me the most (even more than CDR) cause this guy didn't really even got a chance out there.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:03 pm

I was at first skeptical but Ive met the writer of the site. Hes legit. That sucks for DJO. Wish him the best

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:15 pm

It will be another young, athletic, just what this team lacks, player we let go because the "Guaranteed's" have their rosters spots locked in no matter how bad they play.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby mastersworddude on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:It will be another young, athletic, just what this team lacks, player we let go because the "Guaranteed's" have their rosters spots locked in no matter how bad they play.

That's what pisses me off the most, freaking Morris should not be guaranteed, he should be D-League at best. :mad1: :disagree:
mastersworddude

Postby Jordan-esque on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Ukraine News: DJO to be released by Lakers and signing in Europe

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/ukr ... iupol.html

Darius Johnson-Odom will be released by the Lakers with whom he is at the camp. The rookie's future will likely be in Ukraine with Azovmash Mariupol.

Johnson-Odom might replace Nemanja Gordic in the Ukrainian club.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Is he actually being released or do we still hold his draft rights?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby jadej2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
The future of Darius Johnson-Odom will likely be in Ukraine with Azovmash Mariupol. The rookie will be released by the Lakers with whom he is at the camp. Johnson-Odom might replace Nemanja Gordic in the Ukrainian club.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/ukraine/45357/darius-johnson-odom-heading-to-azovmash-mariupol.html

This cut will bother me the most (even more than CDR) cause this guy didn't really even got a chance out there.

Yeah, but we will all get over it.
jadej2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Enjoying Ukrainian girls over sitting on the bench and watching clueless Clown spitting in a cup is a no brainer
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion