Darius Miles

Darius Miles

Postby whats golden on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:07 am

In other news, the Cavs are interested in New Orleans free agent forward Jerome Moiso. Moiso averaged 4.0 points per game during the regular season. According to a league source, the Cavs are seeking to trade Chris Mihm and Darius Miles. The same source also said that the Cavs have turned down trade offers for Ricky Davis.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1057224672134221.xml

What do people think of trading Devan George to the Cavs for Mihm and Miles? We could run either Kobe or Miles at SF or SG plus we would have an athletic young player to run alongside Kobe. The other plus side to this is that Mihm could back Shaq up. I think that Mitch should definately look into this. Thoughts?

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:20 am

I honestly think that's terrible. Miles has no work ethic at all, and Mihm is another garbage center. Devean is only going to get better from here on. Watch Miles' career go down the drain from slacking off.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby MediaBlitz on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:06 am

uh...yeah right...The cavs would be insane to make that deal
MediaBlitz

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:44 am

If I want to add depth, I'll make that trade.

However, Devean will have a break out season this coming year and his trade value will definitely go up. I'm, not saying that we should trade Devean, but after next year, we can get more for Devean.

Miles has all the talent in the world. He is just immature. Hopefully, he gets his act together, then I might consider this trade.

Remember that Phil is great handling head cases, so adding Miles might not be a bad idea.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby self made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:59 am

even if somethin like this is done it would leave the lakers with basically two "rookies" at sf, i know d miles has been in the league for like 3 years but he still hasnt lived to his potential, being he was injured almost all of last season. i'd rather have carlos boozer comin over in that deal instead of miles, this way we can sign pippen to play sf, but then again we cant just rely on posts from daily joes like us, its a risk for the lakers so i wouldnt do anythin at all....well until we sign some free agents then we can analyze the whole situation to get the lakeshow back on top.
self made

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:07 pm

Self made,

I agree that D-Miles is basically a rookie. Three years in the league and it seems like he has gotten worse year after year in terms of development. We all agree that he is extremely talented and that what I love about his game, but the Lakers are in position to win championships NOW. We don't need to develop players, we need some veterans with experience that can contribute to a title.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:09 pm

Cleveland will get way more for Miles than that ........... I would love it but we'd have to give up way too much.........Jerome Moiso is an interesting name.....he only av 4PPG ..... I think he started ripping it up the last three or weeks of the season, could add nice depth and he has athletisim
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:33 pm

Moiso was a fellow incoming freshman in UCLA with me in 1998. I took some classess with him. He has the athletecism, but the desire is a different story. At times, when I watched UCLA practice (the little times that it was open to the public) Lavin was demanding him to work harder. I remember at times, Gadzuric used to beat him in running the floor.
During his two years in UCLA, it seems like he was just satisfied to get there, instead of improving to be the best in there.

That 1998 UCLA team was talented. The players include

1. Baron Davis
2. Earl Watson
3. Dan Gazuric
4. Jerome Moiso
5. Jaron Rush
5. Travis Reed
6. Matt Barnes
7. Billy Knight
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion