Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 pm

I simply disagree. Any team in the league would love having a guy like Jordan Hill who has been fantastic for us even with his dificencies as a player. Jodie Meeks can and has started in this league. Blake may be a shell of his former self, but he showed early this season he's a decent backup PG. Ebanks has talent. Duhon is a vet.

And Jamison is a very good player. JUST LAST SEASON the guy was putting up 17 points per game. Not necessarily efficiently, but certainly the number is significant. You can't possibly tell me he's not talented or able. The guy is doing nothing out there, and that can't be coincidence after seeing McRoberts get the same treatment last season.

Brown simply does not understand rotations. He doesn't understand them and it's hurting not only bench production, but psyche.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby escobar8 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 pm

i dont hate on this guy...he sucks,he is horrible but its not his fault stupid brown is playing him...
there is atleast 20-30 pg outside nba that are better than him...he is living the dream...i only blame brown for even giving him any chance...
escobar8

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 pm

This kid can't play. He needs to be in the D-league...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:Any team in the league would love having a guy like Jordan Hill who has been fantastic for us even with his dificencies as a player. Jodie Meeks can and has started in this league. Blake may be a shell of his former self, but he showed early this season he's a decent backup PG. Ebanks has talent. Duhon is a vet.

And Jamison is a very good player. JUST LAST SEASON the guy was putting up 17 points per game. Not necessarily efficiently, but certainly the number is significant. You can't possibly tell me he's not talented or able.

I had to quote this for truth. therealdeal is right on point. Right now, we're driving talent away -- I am talking about good, solid role-players here. We had McBob who clearly had talent but was misused and wasn't able to do anything for our team. We drove away Ramon; maybe he was not ready for prime time, but as a backup for Nash this kid would flourish. When he came here, his scoring and playmaking were very good. As soon as he started playing "properly" for coach Brown his game went down the drain.

Look at Nash right now. He is absolutely brilliant and able to give us so much more, but his talent is not used properly. And Meeks... my god, that kid is going to leave as soon as he can. We're talking about a guy who is not only good enough to play a backup to Kobe -- he's could be a starter on some teams. This is one of the elite shooters in this league who is on the bench because... why exactly? Ebanks and Metta are better shooting guards? Meeks is not at least 6-6, preferably 6-9 with a 7-5 wingspan? What? :man3:

Right now, the talent is so misused that we only seem to have two legit players on this team: Kobe and Dwight. And the only reason this is true is because the two of them are top 5 players in the league and no coach is able to totally destroy their game. They are just too good. But when Steve Nash and Pau f-in Gasol look like basketball scrubs (literally!)... something is really wrong. Really, really wrong.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby soondolee on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

why morris is on this team??

every time i see him on the floor, he proves himself that he is not a nba ready player.

and i am not sure he can play dleague either......

he is total garbage.... :bang:
soondolee

Postby ben_ready on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm

I wanted to see what he had and I saw enough so now give djo his chance and Blake is still buttcheeks he's not capable of nothing eyes light up when they see him. Pgs abuse that money stealer. Now put morris in the d league and get the red terminator, stop playing yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

I think he brought some nice things but hes still a rookie and shouldnt be playing these minutes. I think Duhon should get the minutes. Has been setting Meeks and Jamison up very well in the limited minutes.
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

Ariza3 wrote:I think he brought some nice things but hes still a rookie and shouldnt be playing these minutes. I think Duhon should get the minutes. Has been setting Meeks and Jamison up very well in the limited minutes.

He's actually a second year player.
XXIV

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

For the record, I think he's a good kid. He's no Smush Parker who isn't trying to compete. He's just not cut out for the NBA.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 am

therealdeal wrote:I simply disagree. Any team in the league would love having a guy like Jordan Hill who has been fantastic for us even with his dificencies as a player. Jodie Meeks can and has started in this league. Blake may be a shell of his former self, but he showed early this season he's a decent backup PG. Ebanks has talent. Duhon is a vet.

And Jamison is a very good player. JUST LAST SEASON the guy was putting up 17 points per game. Not necessarily efficiently, but certainly the number is significant. You can't possibly tell me he's not talented or able. The guy is doing nothing out there, and that can't be coincidence after seeing McRoberts get the same treatment last season.

Brown simply does not understand rotations. He doesn't understand them and it's hurting not only bench production, but psyche.

+1. Exactly what I'm seeing and saw last year as well. The rotations are just terrible. Before shortchanging the bench guys you have to point the finger at Brown for the lineups. Jamison is not a garbage player. He's getting long in the tooth, no doubt. And he's never been that efficient a scorer. But he's being played at the 3 which he doesn't want - a position that he's not effective at and hasn't played in years. He's too old to be guarding opposing threes on a regular basis. And on offense he's used to using his smaller size to advantage against bigger 4s who can't guard him. It's kind of a shame.

Blake has been ok, as far as I can see, some people say he's improved but I still see inconsistency. I would love it if we could replace him with a more aggressive backup PG. But he's still somewhat serviceable.

Duhon looked good in preseason and regular season minutes for the most part when he could get them. But instead Brown is playing Morris, who looks awful. That makes no sense. Go with experience and under control play right now when the bench is struggling. Why is he putting in a guy who is a spazz when he's dribbling and doesn't set anyone up? Duhon does a good job of controlling tempo and getting guys looks out there. We need stability and consistency not chaos out there which is what he's getting out of Morris. But he insists on playing Morris. Brown is hanging himself with his own rope right now.

Playing Ebanks at the 2 so far has been terrible. And anyone with eyes would know that it wasn't going to work. This all stems from Brown's stubbornness about playing Jamison at the 3 instead of the 4. Then everyone else has to change positions, too. Ebanks is a natural 3 with some good man on man defensive skills but he's not effective at the 2. He's not a "shooter." Yes, he can hit the mid-range well and supposedly has improved his 3, but I don't think scoring is his strongest suit. He's always been more of a defensive player and we need one of those to backup MWP, who will certainly find himself in foul trouble against guys like Durant and Lebron. Can Devin check Lebron? No. But he could do a heck of a better job than Jamison at 35 years old!!! And then of course Durant - Ebanks is a good match for him with his "length." Brown is throwing that out as a reason to play him at 2, but it's just nonsensical. It's not doing Devin any favors as he's not going to be a 2 any place in his career. He needs to be developed now as a 3. This is our only shot to develop him as he's on a one year contract.

That leaves Jodie Meeks completely out in the cold. He's this year's GLOCK, only at least GLOCK got to play for the first half of the season. Meeks is already on the outs with Brown and we're only 5 games in. The guy is a CAPABLE SG. He has been a starter. He's one of the highest percentage shooting guards from distance in the league. The guy can SHOOT!! Don't we need that? Not only will Brown not put him ever with the starters - which is some place he could be very useful for short stretches, but he won't even let him play off the bench. I feel bad for him and for us because he do some good out there.

Hill of course was really good for us last year and looks like he will continue to be. He's not a highly skilled player, but his hustle is invaluable and you need that for your bench. Hill can back up at the 5 if needed, although with Dwight and Pau there probably isn't a lot of need for that. But he really should be splitting minutes at the 4 with Jamison. That four big rotation could be really good.

It's all about using what you have in a way that makes sense. And Brown has never been able to do so. At this point, it's becoming the most infuriating thing about him, because you can see the starters play hard and generate leads, only to have everything come crashing down with terrible bench rotations that don't work at all.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 am

Well said LJ.

I think Ebanks has shown good strides, not great. He's not shown quite the improvement I wanted, but again he's playing out of position with a second team that doesn't even know what they're doing half of the time. He's definitely better, but not with what Brown is making him do.

And yes, Hill/Jamison should be splitting time at the 4 with the occasional time spent at the 5 by Hill.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 am

I dont know why we re-signed this guy. Cost Glock his spot on the team

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 am

The Rock wrote:I dont know why we re-signed this guy. Cost Glock his spot on the team

glock might still be on the roster if MB wasn't HC last year. it's okay though, any coach we get should now bury morris on the bench and free duhon and meeks
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 am

NO MORE MINUTES FOR DELIRIOUS MORRIS. SIT DOWN.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:59 am

Back to bench warming for you! Tell Jodie we fans said hi!
gill

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Warning, video contains cursing

Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobedeathstare on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 pm

maybe theres a chance djo gets some playing time too.
Last edited by kobedeathstare on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kobedeathstare

Postby BDG on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Weezy wrote:Warning, video contains cursing

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Chapelle for coach!
gill

Postby borri on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 pm

LOL... Chappelle is the best.
borri

Postby khmrP on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm

hopefully new coach will realize he's a dleague scrub and we sent him there and call up DJO couldn't be any worse
khmrP

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Here's to Darius Morris never stepping on the court again!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Weezy wrote:Warning, video contains cursing

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm

i hope to God bringing in a new coach means this scrub will find himself on the bench all season long or even better, the d-league where he belongs

why this guy is in the nba, i will never know
432J

Postby kenzo on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

432J wrote:i hope to God bringing in a new coach means this scrub will find himself on the bench all season long or even better, the d-league where he belongs

why this guy is in the nba, i will never know

Preach it :jam2:
kenzo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion