Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 pm

He's definitely a SG if anything.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Murdock wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:People still hating on Morris - after what 11 mins court time?? Geez. Give the guy a break. Also, if Phil does come back, I'm sure he would like his size at PG and could maybe help him develop.

In saying that, Duhon surely has to get some court time soon, Blake is really frustrating me right now...

the reason we hate him is because there is much better player sittin on a bench - Duhon ... say what you want he is much better at his point than Morris

Yo Murdock....any chance you read my entire post....including the bit where I said Duhon surely has to get some court time soon?? Wow...
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

He's a 2. Period. In limited minutes, as a 2, he might be able to develop into a useful player. Maybe. Good game tonight though, so I have to give him props.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenChocobo on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Career high! :jam2:
GoldenChocobo

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

So, anybody see how Darius Morris played today? Did he suck terribly again, anybody know??
kobe_mamba

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

He had a good game by his standards, we could really use that more the longer Nash is out, especially against the good teams we'll face.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

He took steroids. THeres no other explanation for this :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Solid game by Morris... although there were stretches where he'd perform one good feat. only to be nullified by a bonehead move the next time down the floor.

Still not sold on him as a PG. Too much dribbling.
gill

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Doc Brown wrote:He's definitely a SG if anything.
LakerFanIam

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:So, anybody see how Darius Morris played today? Did he suck terribly again, anybody know??

He played pretty well tonight, but he's really not a PG. Meeks the SG has WAY better court vision than Morris the PG.

But I won't take anything from the kid, he worked hard and he did well tonight.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
Murdock wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:People still hating on Morris - after what 11 mins court time?? Geez. Give the guy a break. Also, if Phil does come back, I'm sure he would like his size at PG and could maybe help him develop.

In saying that, Duhon surely has to get some court time soon, Blake is really frustrating me right now...

the reason we hate him is because there is much better player sittin on a bench - Duhon ... say what you want he is much better at his point than Morris

Yo Murdock....any chance you read my entire post....including the bit where I said Duhon surely has to get some court time soon?? Wow...

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Wow.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm

4 appearances this year and 3 have been acceptable. He rushes every now and then with the ball but for a young guy trying to make an impression, I guess its understandable.

Its not to have someone who has quickness with the ball though. But still a long way to guy before he can be called reliable or close to reliable.
bumrusherer

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm

he played hard and well. prob won't get any minutes when Nash is back but maybe if he continues to improve he could get worked in as energy off the bench or if Blake's struggling.
Ariza3

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Yeah I hate how PG's dribble the ball at times.....like that Steve Nash guy, he's always doing it :man1:
kobe_mamba

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:So, anybody see how Darius Morris played today? Did he suck terribly again, anybody know??

Seriously man? It's one game, against a terrible team. He had a solid game, but he still has some huge deficiencies, he keeps his head down on offense and doesn't see wide open guys under the hoop, he dribbles too much and tries to get fancy, still not a great shooter, looks extremely awkward going to the hoop for layups. I did appreciate his defense tonight though, the effort was great, and he did hit some buckets and make some good passes, can't ask much more from him as a temp backup. He's not going to keep it up though as much as I'd love that, especially against actual good teams. If he does though and I'm wrong, great, I'd love that, you can even quote me and rub it in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm

I did like tonight that he picked up Curry full court every time. It seems like forever, well yea it has been forever , since we mad a PG work before crossing half court.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:Yeah I hate how PG's dribble the ball at times.....like that Steve Nash guy, he's always doing it :man1:

I know you're joking...

but that's one of the worst comparisons I've read in a while.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 pm

best game he's played. fluke?
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Weezy wrote:

Seriously man? It's one game, against a terrible team. He had a solid game, but he still has some huge deficiencies, he keeps his head down on offense and doesn't see wide open guys under the hoop, he dribbles too much and tries to get fancy, still not a great shooter, looks extremely awkward going to the hoop for layups. I did appreciate his defense tonight though, the effort was great, and he did hit some buckets and make some good passes, can't ask much more from him as a temp backup. He's not going to keep it up though as much as I'd love that, especially against actual good teams. If he does though and I'm wrong, great, I'd love that, you can even quote me and rub it in.

Seriously man, nothing?!!?

The guy played well, deal with it?! And for a terrible passer and decision-maker, he had 5 assists and 1 turnover, easily out-played Blake, hustled on D and still only had 1 foul. Credit where its due, surely???
kobe_mamba

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Not his biggest fan here but i'll give credit where credit's due. Solid game, and hopefully he can keep it up.
Frank Dux

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Why is someone thumphing their chest that Darius Morris had ONE good game... Darius Morris of all the f'n players to thump your chest on... :man10: :man10: :man10:

It was one good game. Even then he had so many bonehead plays (end of the half last shot, botched 2 on 1 fastbreak, dribbling forever in ONE SPOT unlike "that Steve Nash guy")
Last edited by gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gill

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:best game he's played. fluke?

have to assume so. i'll give credit where it's due, he did well for himself tonight & i hope he continues to do so.

i just dont see it
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:Yeah I hate how PG's dribble the ball at times.....like that Steve Nash guy, he's always doing it :man1:

I know you're joking...

but that's one of the worst comparisons I've read in a while.

umm, yeah, I kinda was joking.....just illustrating a point, wasn't trying to compare the two players or imply that I'm attempting to suggest that Morris could tie Steve's shoelaces, settle..... :man12:
kobe_mamba

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
Weezy wrote:

Seriously man, nothing?!!?

The guy played well, deal with it?! And for a terrible passer and decision-maker, he had 5 assists and 1 turnover, easily out-played Blake, hustled on D and still only had 1 foul. Credit where its due, surely???

You were a fan of Smush too, right?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 pm

gill wrote:Why is someone thumphing their chest that Darius Morris had ONE good game... Darius Morris of all the f'n players to thump your chest on... :man10: :man10: :man10:

It was one good game. Even then he had so many bonehead plays (end of the half last shot, botched 2 on 1 fastbreak, dribbling forever in ONE SPOT unlike "that Steve Nash guy")

thumping their chest bahahahahahahahahahah :man10:

put it this way, if Morris had a bad game today, people would have been flaming me and this thread way more than people are slowly giving the guy some credit for a good outing, so say what you will LMFAO

i'm NOT pumping my chest over Darius Morris, just would like to see a young, cheap PG develop on this Lakers team. so I'm cautiously optimistic and give credit where its due....so freaking what?!
kobe_mamba

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion