Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:best game he's played. fluke?

have to assume so. i'll give credit where it's due, he did well for himself tonight & i hope he continues to do so.

i just dont see it
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:Yeah I hate how PG's dribble the ball at times.....like that Steve Nash guy, he's always doing it :man1:

I know you're joking...

but that's one of the worst comparisons I've read in a while.

umm, yeah, I kinda was joking.....just illustrating a point, wasn't trying to compare the two players or imply that I'm attempting to suggest that Morris could tie Steve's shoelaces, settle..... :man12:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
Weezy wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:So, anybody see how Darius Morris played today? Did he suck terribly again, anybody know??

Seriously man? It's one game, against a terrible team. He had a solid game, but he still has some huge deficiencies, he keeps his head down on offense and doesn't see wide open guys under the hoop, he dribbles too much and tries to get fancy, still not a great shooter, looks extremely awkward going to the hoop for layups. I did appreciate his defense tonight though, the effort was great, and he did hit some buckets and make some good passes, can't ask much more from him as a temp backup. He's not going to keep it up though as much as I'd love that, especially against actual good teams. If he does though and I'm wrong, great, I'd love that, you can even quote me and rub it in.

Seriously man, nothing?!!?

The guy played well, deal with it?! And for a terrible passer and decision-maker, he had 5 assists and 1 turnover, easily out-played Blake, hustled on D and still only had 1 foul. Credit where its due, surely???

You were a fan of Smush too, right?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 pm

gill wrote:Why is someone thumphing their chest that Darius Morris had ONE good game... Darius Morris of all the f'n players to thump your chest on... :man10: :man10: :man10:

It was one good game. Even then he had so many bonehead plays (end of the half last shot, botched 2 on 1 fastbreak, dribbling forever in ONE SPOT unlike "that Steve Nash guy")

thumping their chest bahahahahahahahahahah :man10:

put it this way, if Morris had a bad game today, people would have been flaming me and this thread way more than people are slowly giving the guy some credit for a good outing, so say what you will LMFAO

i'm NOT pumping my chest over Darius Morris, just would like to see a young, cheap PG develop on this Lakers team. so I'm cautiously optimistic and give credit where its due....so freaking what?!
kobe_mamba

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:
Weezy wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:So, anybody see how Darius Morris played today? Did he suck terribly again, anybody know??

Seriously man? It's one game, against a terrible team. He had a solid game, but he still has some huge deficiencies, he keeps his head down on offense and doesn't see wide open guys under the hoop, he dribbles too much and tries to get fancy, still not a great shooter, looks extremely awkward going to the hoop for layups. I did appreciate his defense tonight though, the effort was great, and he did hit some buckets and make some good passes, can't ask much more from him as a temp backup. He's not going to keep it up though as much as I'd love that, especially against actual good teams. If he does though and I'm wrong, great, I'd love that, you can even quote me and rub it in.

Seriously man, nothing?!!?

The guy played well, deal with it?! And for a terrible passer and decision-maker, he had 5 assists and 1 turnover, easily out-played Blake, hustled on D and still only had 1 foul. Credit where its due, surely???

You were a fan of Smush too, right?

So, were you the guy that asked me that earlier in this thread or the MB Discussion thread?

Smush could dunk. That was it. Period. His name was also kinda cool. That was it. Period.
kobe_mamba

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
gill wrote:Why is someone thumphing their chest that Darius Morris had ONE good game... Darius Morris of all the f'n players to thump your chest on... :man10: :man10: :man10:

It was one good game. Even then he had so many bonehead plays (end of the half last shot, botched 2 on 1 fastbreak, dribbling forever in ONE SPOT unlike "that Steve Nash guy")

put it this way, if Morris had a bad game today, people would have been flaming me and this thread way more than people are slowly giving the guy some credit for a good outing, so say what you will LMFAO

i'm NOT pumping my chest over Darius Morris, just would like to see a young, cheap PG develop on this Lakers team. so I'm cautiously optimistic and give credit where its due....so freaking what?!

With the way you're calling out everyone over ONE good game? Whatever you say...

Smush could dunk. That was it. Period. His name was also kinda cool. That was it. Period.

Ahh okay, now I get it...

*walks away*
Last edited by gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gill

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 pm

kid played good today
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

gill wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:

With the way you're calling out everyone over ONE good game? Whatever you say...

Ahh okay, now I get it...

*walks away*

wow. now I'm calling people out?!?! seriously, really?!?! get over it dude.....

Ahh okay, what do you get? I'm not sure you are getting anything right now to be honest....

Clearly you don't understand sarcasm either?! My comments RE: Smush Parker were simply to illustrate his good qualities. Saying that he could dunk and that he had a cool name (LOL) doesn't exactly draw a good picture of what I think his good qualities are/were ok champ...?? maybe I was saying he had very limited good qualities, ever consider that? ever heard of a back-handed compliment....???

*walks away*
kobe_mamba

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 pm

DarthRekal wrote:kid played good today

he sure did. well put. no more, no less.
kobe_mamba

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 pm

bernie on morris: "he needs take a little sugar off his game....we need to go downtown with his dribbling"

LOL
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Somebody make me a Darius Morris garbage sig. Hope the good luck works here too ;)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:He's definitely a SG if anything.

Agreed. I think his ceiling is a defensive SG who can occasionally knock down the 3. Guys like Sefolosha & Ronnie Brewer have made careers out of those two skills.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm

purp n gold wrote:

Agreed. I think his ceiling is a defensive SG who can occasionally knock down the 3. Guys like Sefolosha & Ronnie Brewer have made careers out of those two skills.

that's a fair enough assessment at this stage of his career, although I'd hope he could develop as more of a true PG. also, dude had 5 dimes tonight, outside of Kobe with 7, no one else had more than 2....i'm looking right at you Steve Blake (2)...
kobe_mamba

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:25 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
DarthRekal wrote:kid played good today

he sure did. well put. no more, no less.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dj vitus on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm

He had a nice no-look pass to Hill who almost made the basket but got fouled. Dude's got talent and skill; just hasn't translated onto the court at all with his decision-making, but we saw a little bit of it today. 10/5/5 is pretty dang good for him. :man4: Gonna take a lot to win people's hearts, though, so hope he keeps playing better.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm

dj vitus wrote:He had a nice no-look pass to Hill who almost made the basket but got fouled. Dude's got talent and skill; just hasn't translated onto the court at all with his decision-making, but we saw a little bit of it today. 10/5/5 is pretty dang good for him. :man4: Gonna take a lot to win people's hearts, though, so hope he keeps playing better.

QFT
kobe_mamba

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 pm

The Rock wrote:Somebody make me a Darius Morris garbage sig. Hope the good luck works here too ;)

he had a good game tonight, but since you asked :man10: go-anti-jinx
lakersyunowin

Postby DarthRekal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm

i dont think you should sport that yet.. its supposed to do the opposite right? if her played well it might make him... NOT
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
The Rock wrote:Somebody make me a Darius Morris garbage sig. Hope the good luck works here too ;)

Here it goes :jam2:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 pm

well, if peeps gonna go all Judas on the Lakers, that's about as good as it get right there.... :man1:
kobe_mamba

Postby thebluemamba14 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I'll be rocking that Morris Garbage signiture if you dont mind?
thebluemamba14

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm

go for it
lakersyunowin

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
purp n gold wrote:

that's a fair enough assessment at this stage of his career, although I'd hope he could develop as more of a true PG. also, dude had 5 dimes tonight, outside of Kobe with 7, no one else had more than 2....i'm looking right at you Steve Blake (2)...

He can fire off some nice passes but I just haven't seen the vision. Usually guys are born with that kind of thing

A little OT but, way back in the 90s [ way back...:man6:] when Steve Smith was drafted, he touted as a 6'6 PG who handle the rock & can shoot the lights out. On NBATV show Open Court, he said in his 3rd game as a rookie he faced Muggsy Bogues. Right before the tip, Muggsy leaned over and said to him "after tonight, you're not going to play point guard in this league" :man10: Not sure if it happened that night, but Smith was eventually a SG, a good one too.

So you can imagine what guys like Morris go through as a PG. It's not nearly the same pressure as playing QB in the NFL, but there is some similarity to it. 2 bigs & 2 wings, but only 1 PG on the court.

The PG spot is a hot seat and if he can't deliver, most likely another guy can... there are more opportunities for him to succeed as a 2.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 pm

By the way this is the 3rd time in 6 games he's made right corner 3 on a catch and shoot. Need to milk it

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 pm

The Rock wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:

Here it goes :jam2:

Love that sig, hope it works.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion