Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

When nash and blake come back,he should never ever play even 1min...duhon looks like magic johnson compared to him...plus his d is nothing special...it reminds me of vujacic...he is just running around and waving hands...
escobar8

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 am

escobar8 wrote:plus his d is nothing special...it reminds me of vujacic...he is just running around and waving hands...

His defense is better than Vujacic's. Way better. His defense on Parker was better than Duhon's too, and Duhon isn't a bad defender. He has good speed, length, and strength for the PG position on that end of the floor in addition to having a decent understanding of where the help is coming from.

The problem is that West can do that, while being able to run the offense and shoot the ball too.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 am

His defense was decent...nothing special...certainly not enough to offset his pathetic display on offense. I think that one good game got to his head.
nthydro

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am

dj vitus wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
KB24 wrote:
purp n gold wrote:What would be hilarious: if Pringles turns this guy into a beast

It is possible lol

not in this dimension

He first gotta make 2 free throws in a row.

Well, technically, Pringles has to get here first. :man12:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 am

His D on Parker was VERY solid (only mistake was him going once under a screen ) ... I'm not sure which game some fans are watching
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

started out great IMO then after the 1st quarter he was terrible. I think we just got out coached. he made adjustments after that quarter and we held onto that lead for as long as we could. Dwight has got to stop turning it over so much. and idk why Kobe didn't do much towards the end. he normally attacks
Ariza3

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 am

Morris looked decent for his first NBA start. He played great defense on one of the best point guards in the world in Tony Parker.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Morris looked decent for his first NBA start. He played great defense on one of the best point guards in the world in Tony Parker.

:man3:
nthydro

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

revgen wrote:
escobar8 wrote:plus his d is nothing special...it reminds me of vujacic...he is just running around and waving hands...

His defense is better than Vujacic's. Way better. His defense on Parker was better than Duhon's too, and Duhon isn't a bad defender. He has good speed, length, and strength for the PG position on that end of the floor in addition to having a decent understanding of where the help is coming from.

The problem is that West can do that, while being able to run the offense and shoot the ball too.

Ok lets say decent or average d...but his offense is just turrible...he cant creat for others to save his life....he has no pg skills and he cant shoot...yea he can make corner 3 but he can also airball 3pt...basicly this guy shouldnt be on our roster...he should play gary payton D to get some min...couse his O that bad...
escobar8

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:His D on Parker was VERY solid (only mistake was him going once under a screen ) ... I'm not sure which game some fans are watching

well did you saw his horrible decisions on the offense espicially on some fast break chances ? if not than you have seen a totally other game then me. :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Snake Eyes on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 am

His shot wasn't falling, and other than some D and one really nice pass to Kobe in the second quarter, it wasn't really anything to write home about. Clearly, Bickerstaff did not trust him enough out there in the fourth quarter when Kobe took over at point. I suppose it could have been worse.
Snake Eyes

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 am

Duhon should be getting the bulk of the minutes right now.
nthydro

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 am

his d was solid but he was trying to make "the play" or "the shot" and it ended bad. if he just hits the open 3 and plays D he's done his job for now. Kobe is playing both guards and still shooting that efficiently. it's unreal. duhon should get most mins but they did adjust to both of them and made them useless
Ariza3

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 am

Makes me miss Smush a little :freak2:
kenzo

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am

really miss blake. i think he works well with starters but i do like that morris runs runs runs. needs to do that for our starters but without trying to do too much offensively which ends bad always for him
Ariza3

Postby Alcindor on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am

nthydro wrote:Duhon should be getting the bulk of the minutes right now.

35-40 mins till Blake returns. Duhon should be #3, I have a feeling he will be (at least that) with Pringles
Alcindor

Postby borri on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 am

Morris was out of control on offense tonight.

Duhon on the other hand looked calmer and better for the last 2 games.
borri

Postby abeer3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 am

i thought he bothered parker a bit on d, but as others said, he was a nightmare offensively. the spurs alternated between completely ignoring him and baiting him into low percentage plays. not a game tape he'll want to save.
abeer3

Postby John3:16 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am

Morris is a scrub. Luckily we'll have Nash and Blake returning soon. (I'm actually hoping Blake comes back soon :freak2: ).
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 am

Unless he starts D'ing up like prime Kirk Hinrich, I see absolutely no reason for him to play, let alone start. Right now Duhon should be getting at least 36 minutes a game. Unfortunately with Blake hurt right now we have no choice but to play him.
nthydro

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am

escobar8 wrote:
revgen wrote:

Ok lets say decent or average d...but his offense is just turrible...he cant creat for others to save his life....he has no pg skills and he cant shoot...yea he can make corner 3 but he can also airball 3pt...basicly this guy shouldnt be on our roster...he should play gary payton D to get some min...couse his O that bad...

I agree that his O is terrible. Duhon should be playing more than him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am

Alcindor wrote:
nthydro wrote:Duhon should be getting the bulk of the minutes right now.

35-40 mins till Blake returns. Duhon should be #3, I have a feeling he will be (at least that) with Pringles

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jordan-esque on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:14 pm

If Darius Morris can keep continuing to attack the basket, not just penetrate halfway and then stops just to dribble back outside, he could be much much more efficient.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 pm

How about we try starting Duhon and try DJO off the bench against the Suns. DJO has GOT to be a more reliable shooter than Morris...who can't make more than 20% of his shots :disagree:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

I thought Morris played well against SAS. TO me it was his best outing. He surpised me with his D on Parker. I know some will easily dismiss that but I won't he was with TP all game. He made some bonehead plays on offense but even then he seemed to play more freely. 1 game does not make you a stud or a dud but this was a good game in my opinion
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion