Darius Morris Discussion

Re: Darius Morris Discussion

Postby Juronimo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:11 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I thought Morris played well against SAS. TO me it was his best outing. He surpised me with his D on Parker. I know some will easily dismiss that but I won't he was with TP all game. He made some bonehead plays on offense but even then he seemed to play more freely. 1 game does not make you a stud or a dud but this was a good game in my opinion

I have to agree, his D against Parker was really good in that game. He did better against Parker then Artest did.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby easyguy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Whenever Morris walk the ball up court, he is always calling out plays and stuff, but when the plays actually happen, he suck at it...

I think we a better PQ in the Spurs game, we could have won it. Our offense would have been smoother.
easyguy

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Alcindor wrote:
nthydro wrote:Duhon should be getting the bulk of the minutes right now.

35-40 mins till Blake returns. Duhon should be #3, I have a feeling he will be (at least that) with Pringles

Somehow I totally missed the bet you lost, Real? Hopefully someone will fill those of us in who don't know. Because nothing but pics from you at this crucial time with new coach and all is frustrating I'm sure for you. It's also funny as hell out here watching it....... :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Not bad, not bad at all 5 points, 6 assists, only 2 turnovers. Not blowing anyone away, but not stinking up the place either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Just have to hold the fort for 7 more days.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:02 pm

He makes a few mistakes, but then also does some nice things out there....he is sort of dynamic cuz u don't really know what to expect from him on any given play...he does have the ability to get to the hoop and finish strong...he just needs to work on his court vision and decision making when he decides he's going to the hoop. Once he puts that all together, he can become a decent player...im thinking Jarret Jack at best.
FabFourLakers

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 pm

He actually did solid today. He just needs experience. And I'm actually seeing some improvement from him. I like the fact he actually tries to score when he drives. Unlike Blake. I say keep Blake out as long.as Nash is out and see how much Morris can improve
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 pm

I love his defensive pressure. Against really fast players he might have problems going chest to chest with them, but you have to love the effort.

However again with his playmaking....he gets the ball and starts driving down the court and before he reaches the half court line, he passes to a streaking D12 way too early and JO goes up to get a SC swat. If I were Dwight, I would be pissed that he put me in that position...haha.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:I love his defensive pressure. Against really fast players he might have problems going chest to chest with them, but you have to love the effort.

However again with his playmaking....he gets the ball and starts driving down the court and before he reaches the half court line, he passes to a streaking D12 way too early and JO goes up to get a SC swat. If I were Dwight, I would be pissed that he put me in that position...haha.

hopefully he will learn from that. I was telling myself that also when he passed it too early to Dwight when he got swatted. Just a couple more dribbles then pass to Howard and that's an easy dunk right there
ThizGuy83

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 pm

6 assists & 2 TO's. 5 points. Solid D. For a 3rd string PG, I'll take it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kobe_mamba on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 am

Really pleasing to see Morris playing ok. To me he's doing about as much as anyone could ask of him right now, especially given the current circumstances with the team, ie. injuries, coaches coming and going and him being thrust into the starting line up, etc. Minimal TO's in his game at the moment is a bonus too.

5, points, but 6 dimes, that's the key for me with his play right now, that and his pressuring defense. Yes his play making and decision making is still pretty raw and he's making mistakes, but he's still getting the job done to some degree. Also, as I said before, he can get all the way to the rim and finish.
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 am

Hes been serviceable. 2 turnovers in 31 minutes, not bad at all. I guess he can be used in spot situations, to guard guys or to provide energy off the bench. I think Duhon should play ahead of him

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby scott12199 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:12 am

I don't like Duhon running the point. He makes a lot of mental errors out there. Duhon should be fighting for back up shooting guard minutes instead of point guard minutes.
scott12199

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 am

^ Mike Brown is that you? :man10:

Duhon was part of the 2nd unit that helped us double our lead in the 4th. Hes doing fine

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby scott12199 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 am

Maybe to you but to me Duhon is an idiot on the floor.
scott12199

Postby Murdock on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 am

brandonr2001 wrote:He actually did solid today. He just needs experience. And I'm actually seeing some improvement from him. I like the fact he actually tries to score when he drives. Unlike Blake. I say keep Blake out as long.as Nash is out and see how much Morris can improve

you mean when pau set him a pick and he ran straight into scola who didn't move for like 5 seconds before that :D it wasn't like scola was guadring him, no just stood there and Morris ran straight into him :D
Murdock

Postby nduri on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 am

brandonr2001 wrote:He actually did solid today. He just needs experience. And I'm actually seeing some improvement from him. I like the fact he actually tries to score when he drives. Unlike Blake. I say keep Blake out as long.as Nash is out and see how much Morris can improve

We are watching this kid grow right before our eyes...I say keep him in the line-up and let him continue to learn the position...we are playing a faster pace and this is what he was meant for. I want to see DJO on the floor as much as the next guy, and hopefully we get that but right now, Darius is building confidence and the mistakes he's making are things that can be fixed with experience. In 2 months you guys will be wondering why Blake is still on the team.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 am

i had absolutely zero expectations of this kid 3 weeks ago. in fact, i thought he should have been cut.

but he's looked relatively decent out there for the most part and he's getting better.

i'm happy giving him minutes if he can play at this level and continue to improve, even when nash gets back.
Pig Miller

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Murdock wrote:

you mean when pau set him a pick and he ran straight into scola who didn't move for like 5 seconds before that :D it wasn't like scola was guadring him, no just stood there and Morris ran straight into him :D

or when morris drove to the lane and got fouled twice and got an and 1... i dont ever recall blake doing that
ThizGuy83

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

Bickerstaff is right, you have to live with some of his youngster mistakes as long as he continues to improve, and while he's not setting the world on fire, ironically it looks to me like Morris is much more in control when he's playing a more loose, free-flowing style of basketball.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am

He's definitely improving, and in a fast pace offense we may see a different side of him.
XXIV

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:15 pm

hes been improving ill give him that. like his effort and he has shown to be a little smarter with the ball. i think he has given us 5/5 with less than 2 TO for a few games now if im not mistaken, if not it seems like that to me.

i think hes doing well so far and giving us something with nash's absense. tonight will be tough for him, Lin is very smart and hasnt really gone "off" this season, guaranteed he does tonight against us of course....everyone always does. we get a player's best every night we play someone.

Harden will be going to the line ALOT and so will Lin against Morris.
Ariza3

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

I really don't think he is as bad as everyone thinks...definitely needs more playing time to mature as a player.
JLaker17

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

12 points 5/5 shooting at halftime, Kobe's been the PG, he's become the SG basically. It's only halftime, but the kid is delivering with Nash out, I gotta give him credit since I bashed him so bad before.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Kobe playing PG on offense and Morris guarding the PG on defense works very well. It allows Morris to do what he does best without having to do what he doesn't do well.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion