David West eager to prove himself in NBA

David West eager to prove himself in NBA

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:39 am

http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Jun/06252003/sports/69765.asp

I like this kid and would be very happy if the Lakers picked him. He sound like a Horry type PF for the future. :man11:

But it sounds like Utah may take him before we can :man5:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:36 pm

The Lakers are very interested in picking him. The Lakers are having a dilemma who to pick at 24.

The choices are Zaur Pachulia, Sofo, and David West.

The Lakers are very clear in their liking Zarko Cabarkapa. However, the Lakers are sure he will be gone by #24.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:48 pm

any news about BRIAN COOK?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SWOL on Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:34 pm

NBA draft.net has him going to the Lakers at 24
here is a profile

NBA Comparison: Stacey King

Strengths: Creates mismatches with his versatility as he has the ability to play both forward spots ... Shows solid post footwork when getting the ball on the block ... Prefers to catch the ball in the high post where his face up game is most effective ... Has the ability to make the 18 foot jumper with some regularity ... Great finisher around the basket where he is able to make difficult shots due to his long arms and soft touch ... Shows solid mobility for a player his size as he can run the court with ease ... Although not a spectacular rebounder but when motivated he can be a solid presence underneath the glass ... Great free throw shooter at his position ... Has a solid grasp of the fundamental aspect of the game ... Shows above average ball handling for his size ... Owns a great turnaround jump shot from 14 feet from the basket ... Does a good job of recognizing double teams ... Solid passer when he receives the ball in the high post ... Keeps the ball high after the post entry feed ...
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:13 pm

did we bring in COOK for a work out?
I don't think Stacey King was ever that good lets hope he doesn't turn out like him.
I who's better COOK or David West?

I guess we can scratch out Travis Outlaw cause I read somewhere that PORTLAND had already promise Outlaw's agent that his client will be selected at number 23. LOL.. DAMN YOU BLAZERS!!! LOL...
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:10 pm

COOK IS MORE POLISHED AND VERSITILE KINDA BOB HORRYISH.... WEST SEAMS A LITTLE UNDERSIZED AT 6'8 ....COOK MEASURED OUT AT 6'10 ....HE HAS A GOOD FACE UP GAME, AND JUMPER ......MORE OF A FIT FOR THE TRIANGLE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to Lakers Discussion