Deaven George and Derek Fisher on the market

Deaven George and Derek Fisher on the market

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:53 pm

Los Angeles Lakers
On the Block: Devean George, Derek Fisher
The Skinny: The Lakers want to shake things up this summer, but how? Unless they offer either Shaq or Kobe (they won't) the best they have to work with is George and Fisher. What could a guy like George get them on the trade market? The T-Wolves would swap Joe Smith for George in a heartbeat.
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:01 pm

Of course they would take Devean for Joe Smith, Devean is younger and has more promise...it would be a rip-off...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:25 pm

Personally, the Lakers need to stick with George & Fisher. I think they need to let George start as long as he makes a comitment to working on his game, especially his ball handling and shot selection. He also needs to not make silly fouls if the Lakers let him start. If he will comit to that, I think he deserves a chance at starting, because he needs a chance to develop. If he successfully developes, him and Kobe will be running mates. Also, George fits in better in a run & gun offense. So if he can learn now how to play 1/2 court, which he does well now, then when Shaq is gone, he will will be able to play both styles.

As far as Fisher, his record speaks for itself. However, the time has come that we need a better pg, but we need Fisher's intensity and defense, so we need to keep him, to develope our bench.

We also have a couple of other good players that we need to keep, Pargo & Medvedenko. I'd much rather send Rush away, before any of those players.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby whats golden on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:31 pm

I agree, Rush was a big disappointment. I also think that we should resign Madsen and Walker and package them with Rush in a trade. Even if nothing works out we will have sign both for the minimum so I don't think we'll lose to much waiving them.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:04 am

KAREEM IS GARBAGE. WE WOULD BE BEER OFF WITH HIS BROTHER JARON
SWOL

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:57 am

swolswol wrote:KAREEM IS GARBAGE. WE WOULD BE BEER OFF WITH HIS BROTHER JARON

WTF??? U need to calm urself down a lil'... How can Kareem expect to do anything off tha bench with lil' PT, and playin behind our stars.. It's a lot to ask, but look how long it took Devean to develop... And we sure as hell aint gonna get no rip off trade for Joe Smith. Devean is now a board crasher, and he even played a big part in the endin of the season. So pls don't diss players who can't make anything happen, cuz of the lil' PT they get, and all that. Cuz this statement is pure bogus... I just had to put mah 2 cents in... Beer off??? HUH!!?? :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

George

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:54 am

When did Devean develop ? I'm still waiting......

h aha just kidding

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:34 am

Beer off??? HUH!!??
I think he meant better off. So, it looks like this guy's better off without beer.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:09 pm

What you all dont drink???? Kareem is garbage...... if he had any game there was PT there for the taking ..... Trade him Travis Hansen will take that PT and be Productive
SWOL

Postby BayAreaLakerFan on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:22 pm

swolswol wrote:KAREEM IS GARBAGE. WE WOULD BE BEER OFF WITH HIS BROTHER JARON

BEER? Thats funny...is that what we would call a Freudian slip? Jaron was a boozer and an idiot. All the talent in the world but couldn't stay away from the Old English. If I had half his talent I would at least be riding the bench on some NBA team collecting the minimum.
BayAreaLakerFan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:35 pm

Time will tell if Kareem will become into a Bobby Jackson or a Tito Jackson!!!

From what I saw last year is that Kareem looks lost on D, and can't play D. He has a promising offensive game. But what happens if he can't make his shots. Then he is basically useless out there. At the defensive side, it looks like Kareem has two left feet. He can't keep up with the faster guards out there, and gets posted up by the bigger guards. He better figure out quick, that he needs to play D too!!!

Unless he drastically improves this year, then get rid of him. We don't have time for projects. With Kobe and Shaq, we need to win now, not later.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:48 pm

Trade him now while there is still some value he is one of the few tradable comodities on this squad
SWOL

Postby obfxkg21 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:38 pm

I agree with you Lakers Gyrl I think Kareem hasn't received the proper amount of playing time to show what he can do. He was definetely a great player in college and could be in the NBA.

i love you lakers gyrl
obfxkg21

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:18 pm

FOOL THIS ISNT A LOVE CHAT ROOM GO HOOK WITH AIM OR SOMETHING ............... KAREEM IS GARBAGE NO RIGHT HAND AT ALL.... HE MIGHT AS WELL CUT THAT [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] OFF HE DOSENT USE IT
SWOL

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:48 pm

So just cuz someone agrees with me, it's considered a love chat room? obfxkg21 loves tha fact that we see this issue on the same level. How can a player be considered garbage if all he gets is garbage time? He isn't garbage, he doesn't get enuff time to show what he's made of at the NBA level. Kareem did a lot at Mizzou, and he even averaged a great number of points. He played a different position, so the transition to PG from forward isn't really right for him, but maybe he can do good behind Kobe, cuz of his size. He was never a great ball handler, and neither are a lot of players in the NBA, but hey, they still do what they gotta do. So when he starts gettin the PT, then lets start this issue back up.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:51 pm

LGyrl... I think you might have missed the part when he said:
i love you lakers gyrl

I think that might have tipped off swolswol to think he loves you...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:55 pm

Don't take obfxkg21's statement of I love you LakersGyrl literally. We all use the word love to express basically anything we like or in a responce where we both agree... I didn't take it offensive, but it wasn't anything to take to the heart. It was just a simple statement to show that he/she agrees with me.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:57 pm

there may have been some confusion there between all of us. For the records, do you literally love LGyrl, obfxkg21?

Just to stay on topic... Don't trade DEVEAN!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:04 pm

How can someone literally love someone over the net, and over a discussion board?? No matter what this can never be. Like I said, it's just a responce to let us all know he/she agrees with me... Nothing more than that...

But back on topic.. Puttin Devean and Derek on the trade market will be ridiculous. In the 1st round Fish stepped up, and he was the best beyond the arc (percentage wise) than any other player in the NBA in that 1st round in 03. He was like the 4th all-time. He stepped it up, but somehow he diminished in the 2nd round, and couldnt really do his thang.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:14 pm

no offense LGyrl, it's all good. he can be saying it in the way like "I love how you think." I honestly doubt that he has a crush on you even though he hasn't met you.

If Devean doesn't become a solid starting-material SF this year, then I would consider making a move with him. He's very athletic and I don't think we need to lose any of the energy he brings to the floor.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:19 pm

Well of course.. He did well last season, and he even shown signs of becomin better. If he stays at the level he's been playin, then I wouldn't suggest trading him. But if he slowly becomes worse, then I'm all for it... Even though I'd hate to see him go, I'm all for the team, u know? But no matter what happens I'll be aight. Tha Lakers are still gonna be dominant no matter what players come.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:27 pm

I WOULDNT WANT TO TRADE D GEORGE EITHER THAT WAS AN ARTICAL FOR CBSSPORTSLINE.COM I JUST POSTED IT.....JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS GOOD IN COLLEGE DOES NOT MEAN HE WILL BE GOOD IN THE NBA (THEY CALLED GARY TRENT THE SHAQ OF THE MAC) KAREEM HAS ZERO RIGHT HAND AND LOOKS LOST AND SOFT DUMP HIM BEFORE EVERY GM IN THE LEAGUE REALIZES THAT
SWOL

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:35 pm

But u gotta remember that Phil is cautious about playin rookies... He dont like playin them, and he gave Pargo more time cuz of what he was able to do. Pargo has nothing to lose, he wasn't drafted. But on the other hand Kareem does. He isn't a PG, so how can he handle the ball, if that's not his natural position? Phil like tall PG's but Kareem isn't gonna be one of them cuz that's not what he's best at playing. Players do need more practice and I'm sure he'll get it down durin tha summer. It isn't easy to make the transition from college to the NBA, but not all can do so well in their 1st year, look at Kobe. Even though he came outta HS, he wasn't all that great, but we kept him, cuz he was tha man that wasn't afraid to step up.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lalgirl3 on Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:56 am

Devean is a good player. He has long arms and long legs and he runs fast as hell (when his ankle is ok). I think with him starting he could diffently develop more over the years. I really believe that they should keep Devean (this is not coming from the fact that I like Devean) but I do believe that he can get better and give the Lakers a solid all around game. One thing about Devean and the fouls, he does get silly fouls when he feels the referees (sp?) didnt call the right foul or some stuff like that. When he gets upset like that he usually draws a silly foul or drains a three pointer, gets a block shot or gives them a dunk. Shoot if he could just stay mad during the game then maybe he'll diffently kill the other team, just a thought :man12: LOVE U DEVEAN 4 ALWAYZ.

I would love to see Kareem play more. I watched him play those off season games and I think he did really well him and Tracy Murray who I also think could benfit (sp?) more from some playing time. They could both really kill the three's and I hope they keep Kareem and Tracy. Give them a chance Phil :jam2:
lalgirl3

Postby SWOL on Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:08 am

I AGREE WITH D GEORGE I WANT TO KEEP HIM.... BUT TRACY MURRAY ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR COT DAMN MIND ... TRACY MURRAY I WOULD RATHER HAVE BILL MURRAY TRACY IS WACK... JUST LIKE ECERY OTHER UCLA PLAYER TO COME OUT IN THE LAST 15 YEARS BESIDES BARON DAVIS...... TRACY MURRAY??????????? :shootc: ..... TRACY MURRAY
SWOL

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion