Defending Karl Malone

Defending Karl Malone

Postby Laker brain on Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:20 pm

Its true Karl Malone is old... But Karl Malone brings us a good PF in the triangle offense. I think if he plays with Shaq and Kobe, he won't be the focal point of the defense, which will give him clean looks. Karl Malone also can help us better than Howard or Brown in the play-offs because he has a lot of experience, and makes good decisions and is a leader. Karl is a very under-rated passer, 4.7 asst per game, and he probably defends the pick and roll as good as anybody. That is why Sacremento had trouble in the past with them. I know everybody wants PJ Brown, but I think he'd give us 8pts and 8boards, and his defense is really over-rated, he will not be a duncan stopper, actually duncan torches PJ everytime they play, but TD torches everyone, if the lakers want to cover TD, the best player to get would be Alonzo Mourning. But Dallas has him.

I think we're getting Karl Malone, so I have to defend him, before every one gets a heart attack. I think Malone will come cheaper, especially if we somehow possibly work something out for Gary Payton or Jason Terry

We have to hold on, even if it means losing some players.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:54 am

nice review of the situation, I like Karl Malone in a Lakers uni, but he'll be a ball-hog, he wants to break the scoring record and he'll have to take alot of shots to do it. If he really wants to break the scoring record. let him stay in Utah, but if he want's a title, come to L.A, it's as simple as that...
murcielago62

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:55 pm

No one knows for sure what Karl wants. But one things for sure... He wants a championship. He knows his years are limited, and he's been one of the most dominant players without a ring to call his own. So what if he's close to breaking the all time scoring record, I'm sure he'll find a way to have a decent percentage. We need that 3rd scorer, and if that's where it's gonna come from, then I don't have a problem with him takin shots. Shaq and Kobe take enough as it is, and with another consistnant team mate in the mix, it wouldn't hurt the team.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion