Derek Fisher gives up his 6th carreer high this year

Derek Fisher gives up his 6th carreer high this year

Postby LakerPride on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:04 am

Derek Fisher gave up his 6th carreer high in less than a year of playing ball tonight. In fact he was so horrible that Phil didn't even play him the entire fourth period. Pargo played better D on Hudson but the kid had the rookie nerves. He couldn't throw a pea in the ocean as good old Chick use to say.

I'm glad Mitch and Buss were at the game tonight. They got to see what I've been seeing for quit some time now. Fish is a sorry excuse for an NBA PG. If you don't believe me just look at the picture under my name...

Also, Phil SERIOUSLY needs to think about playing Slava. The Lakers shot 39 freaking percent tonight. That's gonna happen often when their playing 4-5 on the offensive end. Madson isn't doing a damn thing with KG on defense anyway so Phil NEEDS to at least be able to have someone even up things on the offense!
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:22 am

All that I have to say about this is start Pargo over Fisher because defense seems to be the key in this matchup. Fisher can't seem to contend w/ speedy guards, but w/ Pargo out there, it's all taken care of. His scoring will come to him, he's only a rookie for godsake!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:31 am

WHAT'S UP WITH THE FISHER BASHING!!
WHERE WAS THIS KIND OF REACTION AFTER GAME 1!!!!

SO IF THE LAKERS WON GAME 2, WOULD THE SAME KIND OF ATTACKS STILL EXIST. PROBABLY NOT.

FACT IS THAT D-FISH'S PLAY IS NOT THE ONLY REASON WE LOST.

A BIG PART OF WHY WE LOST, IS THAT SIMPLY THE WOLVES PLAYED GREAT. SHOOTING 57 PERCENT IS INCREDIBLE. SO LAY OFF FISH.

DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT WOLVES WOULD JUST LAY DOWN.
GIVE THEM THEIR PROPS FOR A WELL PLAYED GAME IN THEIR PART AND THE ADJUSTMENTS THEY MADE.

NOW ITS OUR TURN TO MAKE THE ADJUSTMENTS FOR GAME 3 AND 4.

LETS NOT ATTACK FISH SO QUICKLY. HE MIGHT ME A BIG PART OF OUR SUCCESS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF GAMES.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:36 am

LP, hope you don't mind -- I cleaned up your avatar. The prior image was a bit fuzzy.

I'm not quite ready to bench Fish because of one game. Pargo might be quicker to the ball on the defensive end, but Pargo running the triangle offense in the Playoffs would make for a real short Playoff run.

I am rather battled why Fish didn't have the rock in the backcourt when they applied pressure. They weren't often double-teaming the ball full-court... just applying full court pressure. I blame the coaching staff every time Madsen and Horry have to bring the ball up themselves against Garnett. The PF breaking down full-court pressure is not a trait of a well-coached team.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakerPride on Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:43 am

SO IF THE LAKERS WON GAME 2, WOULD THE SAME KIND OF ATTACKS STILL EXIST. PROBABLY NOT.

Uh, ofcourse not. That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If Troy Hudson doesn't score 37 freaking points and doesn't dish out 10 assists these attacks wouldn't exist either. You know what though? The Lakers lost AND Hudson killing Fisher was a HUGE reason why. Troy Hudson is not an all-nba PG. He gets paid about a million dollars less than Fisher. He came out of the CBA and he is a Clipper reject. Derek Fisher made Troy Hudson look like HOF material last night.

Pargo is not the answer either CL. I never said he was. The dude gets lost and he gets lost quick. Pargo is very streaky. I don't expect anything from him, at least not this year. He got LOOOOOSSSST a couple times on defense. I had to shake my head it was so bad. I'm not mad at Fisher or Pargo. I'm mad at Laker management for letting Fisher and Pargo be our options at PG going into the playoffs.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby ELF on Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:46 am

CL, that's the point I was making about the PG position. I wasn't talking about Fisher defense, because I believe alot of that has to do with Shaq lack of help on the screens. I think we need a PG that can bring the ball up the court. Kobe isn't our PG, why the hell is he bringing up the ball. With a guy like Gilbert A. we wouldn't have to worry about that. Last night game will be a blueprint for other teams. Full court pressure disrupts the triangle offense. Do you actually think is good for Kobe to run our of offense? Wait to Bruce Bowen starts guarding him, it could get ugly. So, that's why I stated that the Lakers need a PG. Let me add, I don't want to bench Fisher, hell that's all we have. As for the rookies, I do think we need to use B. Shaw in a situation like that. We needed offense and the rookies look clueless out there. And I don't blame them, this is their first playoffs.

Let's remember when we made that comeback on Portalnd (3yrs ago), Dallas (this year)...Shaw was a part of that comeback.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with Horry? He looks like he's afraid to shoot the ball, other than that dunk last night he hasn't been aggressive.

I'm the Great ELF, and i'm out!
ELF

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:42 am

So all of a sudden ur ready to take Fish outta tha line-up just cuz of one game?? And u said u been seein this all year, and to u it takes one game to bench him?? That just doesn't make any sence.. Sure players have their off days, but it's not just Hudson on the team. KG was doin his thang, and imagine how Slava will play compared to Madsen... Slava has never played agressive and lacks inside threat. I know Madsen isn't the best to play on KG, but dayam he's sure a hell of a lot better than Madsen... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:54 pm

LakersGyrl2003, LP (with several others) has always been after Fisher's head, but always for good reasons. I disagree, but that is half the fun.

LP, point taken about not having legitamate point guard options. Still, I don't like Terry or Arenas on our roster. I'd rather draft Ridnour and develop him so he's ready to fly by the time our contracts expire-- 2006.

Elf, concur with the need to have a point guard that can handle the ball against pressure. I think it is in Fisher's ability to bring it up, but Phil preaches "move the ball without the dribble" so much that even in protective situations they lose their heads and force passes upcourt.

I do have confidence that Phil will make the adjustments today and that the insane Wolves pressure will result in easy Laker opportunities. All of the Wolves are playing so tight that it should be easier to center the ball and get some good backdoor looks at the bucket.

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:09 pm

whoops, sorry, that was me (Clublakers)... wasn't logged on.

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:23 pm

Fisher,
the guy can make good steals at times, it was ONE NIGHT
and it was ONE OF THOSE GAMES
i bet you anythign hudson will not have another game like that in this series
its not a big problem he'll be all cooled down in game 3, 4, and 5
fact is fisher tried his best, but tonight hudson was just too quick and aggressive
fisher in game 1, had a solid performance on both sides
so i say give the laker another chance
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:19 pm

I understand completely what you guys are saying, but how many times does Fisher need to get burned by these young/quick PGs for you all to realize how ineffective he is on defense. It isn't just one game. Why don't you guys reminsce back to the WCF against the KINGS last year. How else do you think Bibby got hot in his shooting? What about the FINALS against the 76ers?? Fisher couldn't contend w/ Allen Iverson and they needed a "SPEEDY ROOKIE" named TYRONN LUE to battle it out. It's just obvious you guys! Fisher is vulnerable when it comes to quicker guards, and game 2 isn't an exception. I feel that the Lakers should at least balance they're defense against the PG and work it out w/ Pargo. Hell, even put Kobe on the PGs!!! DO something!! But I feel we honestly can't just rely on Fisher, he needs help!! Brian Shaw of course is a veteran and can help, but do you HONESTLY think he can guard Hudson, Bibby, Parker???? Let's all think here?! Don't get me wrong, Fisher is a great PG, and he can run the Triangle Offense to perfection, but when it comes down to this kind of situation, help is needed desperately.

The rookies did a much better job on defense in my opinion. And w/ Pargo's experience on defense w/ the Arkansas Razorbacks, there shouldn't be a problem. Don't you guys recall "The 40 feet of hell"?? That is what critics quoted and named the Razorbacks' full court press defense.

That is just my opinion. Rotate Fisher, Pargo, Rush, and Kobe on those dam annoying PGs on a more constant basis. Fisher can't do it alone.

DE-FENSE!!!! DE-FENSE!!!! DE-FENSE!!!!
Lakers4Ever

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:21 pm

I hate D-Fish always have, always will. He would not start for a single other team that are in the playoffs! I am sick of him getting torched by EVERY decent PG in the league!! :bang:
MIKEDOG

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:25 pm

THANK YOU MIKEDOG!! At least someone comes out honest!! Fisher may be good in scoring when he's consistent, and he looks pretty good on defense against slower, settled guards. BUT he gets burned by quality PGs: Arenas, Bibby, B. Jackson, Iverson, and now HUDSON.

If you guys seriously have something to back this up, PLEASE DO!! I need to feel better about this guy...
Lakers4Ever

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:38 pm

Hudson had the game of his life, can he do it 3 more times? Think about it :man12:

Also, where in the world was Shaq last night!? :man6:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MIKEDOG on Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:34 pm

Are you seriously asking about Shaq?? the poor guy has been through hell with the stress of another championship run on his mind and the mixed emotions of losing your grandfather and your wife giving birth to a child! I am as critiical as anyone when it comes to the diesel but you have to give the guy a pass on this one!! But D-Fish common this guy is a piece of shiznit! Just think of how many times this guy got torched. Earl Boykins...ever heard of this guy!! The guy is not even a starter on the Warriors for god sakes and he makes Fish look stpuid everytime! Remember last year when the Sonics took out the broom on the Lakers?? Are you going to blame that on Shaq or Kobe or Madsen for that matter? NO, it was Fisher who let GP get off.As the point he needs to set the tempo for the game whether it be on defense or offense!! And he cannot do that!!!! We need to bring in a smaller, quicker guard who can score and push the ball up the court.
MIKEDOG

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:46 pm

Hudson had the game of his life, can he do it 3 more times? Think about it

No offense... but you aren't thinking. I recall Mike Bibby not being much of a scoring threat throughout last years Playoffs, at least not until they played US. How else do you think Bibby averaged over 20+ ppg in that WCF? Fisher simply got BURNED!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:22 pm

hey but bibby aint hudson
hudson cant TAKE OVER a game CONSISTENTLY like bibby does at times...
we all knew from the beginnnin hudson was gonna be a problem in ONE game
however one more thing i heard a tnt annnouncer say bout our defense, mainly fishers: its great when youre aggresive on defense, but you gotta repsect the penalty
WE WERE FEEDING POINTS TO EM AT THE FREE THROW LINE LAST NIGHT
when we were in the penalty, we kept fouling, handing them GIMME POINTS
lets hope we dont do that anymore again
it was frustating to see that
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:46 am

Thats EXACTLY what we said about Bibby last year!!! Bibby was nobody until we made him look good. He was ONLY an avg scorer at around 15ppgs, but then came us.... Giving him more that 25ppg!!!! And I also recall the lakers routing the Kings in the first game, then comes the 2nd game where we get routed, and back to LA. Hmm... sounds like deja vu to me.
Lakers4Ever

Return to Lakers Discussion