Re: Devin Ebanks arrested for DUI

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:20 am

MadMax wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:I follow this kid on instagram, and I have to say- he's an idiot.

I just came here to post the same thing. I follow him on twitter, and he comes off like an immature dumbass.

Ive been saying this since he got drafted. I think hes a good kid he doesnt get into too much trouble (well no longer the case now), but he always sounded super childish and immature. I dont think he takes basketball very seriously

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Tragic on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Tragic wrote:I wonder what's going to happen to him though..

Hopefully gets cut, so we can sign Pietrus.

I hope we sign him. He's a good defender and a superior shooter to Barnes and Ebanks ..sad he doesn't have a team yet
Tragic

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:36 am

Knucklehead. Shades of Space cadet on this one. I was a supporter of the kid, but I might be jumping off his bandwagon with this stupidity.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 am

Doc Brown wrote:You guys are just haters. He obviously wanted to get his rap game street cred up.

Lol yeah but he forgot to cuss out the 'po po' like Barnes did. That would make it much more gangsta.
nthydro

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 am

Ebanks is a Laker, I support him 100% right now. I am disappointed in the bad decision he made, but hopefully this is a learning experience for him that can help him to mature.

On another note, though, it would be AWESOME if we could trade for Ariza somehow...we could play him with the starters and bench Artest. :jam2:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm

He got the news that Potato Head was fired haha! :man10:
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby jimbo327 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Ship his arse out. We are not playing around this year. If you are not about winning a championship and become a distraction, you should get cut. Let's get Pietrus, who at least we don't have to worry about not being professional.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Not excusing him one bit for this, but Scottie Pippen got a DUI while he was playing.

People do dumb stuff from time to time. Doesn't take away from his basketball ability. He just needs to get his head straight.

That being said ... Pietrus is still available. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby revgen on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Even old doc himself got pulled over for DUI. I'm not excusing what Devin did, but I'm not going to go crazy over it. He made a mistake. As long as he learns from it and doesn't do it again, then I won't complain.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby XXIV on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 pm

It's a mistake and one he hopefully learns from. With that said I hope we get Pietrus, he can defend and shoot the three ball at a consistent rate.
XXIV

Postby harrise007 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 pm

jjin28 wrote:I know we all joking bout MB being fired, but a DUI is a serious offense that could kill somebody. I hope he gets reprimanded to the fullest.

Could not AGREE MORE!!! Suppose he ran into a memeber of your family and killed them, would it be funny then??
harrise007

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 am

Ebanks is no Scotte Pippen. Ebanks is just a bubble player that can't afford to become a distraction to his team. If Ebanks get cut next year, which is highly likely with a 1 year contract, I don't think any team will pick him up given the DUI during the season. NBA teams will not take on that risk because there are so many players available. Ebanks cannot afford to have any dings on his record, and if doesn't stick next year, he may find himself in the NBA...and go down to the D-league or overseas.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby jadej2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 am

Guys as long as Ebanks has no trade protection we can't trade him without his approval. Also cutting Ebanks will cost us 3 mil (luxury taxes included). Also Piretus is not coming here for cheap.
jadej2

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 am

Let's get Peaches, this guy is a scrub and now a PR nightmare.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Aonex on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 am

Snakell Beast wrote:Ebanks is a Laker, I support him 100% right now. I am disappointed in the bad decision he made, but hopefully this is a learning experience for him that can help him to mature.

On another note, though, it would be AWESOME if we could trade for Ariza somehow...we could play him with the starters and bench Artest. :jam2:

Lol, every team I play NBA 2K, the first thing I do is trade Metta for Trevor. Anyway, why get rid of this guy when we'd have a glaring hole at the backup 3. Now that Brown is gone, we'll hopefully see him backing up Metta, not Kobe.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan
Ebanks missed 2 games since being arrested for possible DUI. “We just don’t feel like he’s ready to play basketball,” Lakers spokesman said.

Personnel problems....what's your call on this Phil? :man1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
Ebanks missed 2 games since being arrested for possible DUI. “We just don’t feel like he’s ready to play basketball,” Lakers spokesman said.

Rumor has it Phil likes Peaches, while flying Air France.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby jadej2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:

Rumor has it Phil likes Peaches, while flying Air France.

The point is Piertus will not sign for less I mean what part don't you get.I mean move one people I mean CDR was willing to play for less and I would rather have him than that greedy french bastard.
jadej2

Postby jadej2 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Let's get Peaches, this guy is a scrub and now a PR nightmare.

No Kobe getting arrested in Colorado in 2003 for sexual assault now that was a PR nightmare and one of the reasons why we lost to the Pistons that years. So the point is Ebanks' issues are nothing. Also Piertus is not signing for cheap, and I really do not want to keep typing that, but none of you gotten that fact yet.
Last edited by jadej2 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jadej2

Postby nolQQkpass on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 am

ebanks went out and got drunk knowing he had a game the next day?? hmm anyone ever partied and then go to the park the next day and ball?? all your energy and hustle isnt there.. the lakers spokesmen is correct.
nolQQkpass

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am

Anybody who is reading the hoopshype twitter feed know this guy isn't the brightest ou there

I think he took the Death Row era too seriously and wants to be like Suge and them ... it's only music Devin
wcsoldier81

Postby OX1947 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 am

nolQQkpass wrote:ebanks went out and got drunk knowing he had a game the next day?? hmm anyone ever partied and then go to the park the next day and ball?? all your energy and hustle isnt there.. the lakers spokesmen is correct.

When I was 22, I could get smash, bang, wake up in the morning, go to class all day, then work and still hit the gym. Testosterone was off the charts.
OX1947

Postby Lakers_323 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 am

Man this guy is a disgrace to young people! How could he do such a irresponsible thing! Makes the Laker family look terrible.

-Norm Nixon
Lakers_323

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 am

I don't even care about his rep. I think the main issue is that he is given a chance to play for the best franchise in all of sports and he doesn't take advantage. Fool

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion