Doc Rivers speaks on the Lakers, Dwight, and Nash

Re: Doc Rivers speaks on the Lakers, Dwight, and Nash

Postby LakerFan1980 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:20 am

Whe Doc speaks I just want to go get him some warm tea to help his throat!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 am

Tobias Funke wrote:I have a feeling that
Greaseface
and his boys will find it a little harder defending Dwight now that he's made some new friends in LA.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man4: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man4: :man10:

the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

I think everyone around the league is basically in denial right now. It's not really something you can wrap your head around or deal with. I can't even believe it all happened and I'm just a lowly fan. Other league folks won't believe it until they see it on the court and have to actually deal with the fact that we have an NBA All Star Game level starting lineup. It's absurd. Rivers and everyone else are kind of burying their head in the sand about it, pretending it didn't happen, dismissing it (like OKC's guys) . . . problem for them is it did happen and pretty soon they will have to face the music. Of course Dwight has to get healthy and we have a whole new offense to get used to and build our chemistry. But these guys are veterans led by one of the greatest quarterback Point Guards of all time, and you have the dynamic duo of Kobe and Pau who have already brought the Lakers multiple championships. Add in Ron Artest in the best shape of his life and it's too scary for these guys to even think of right now. Let them focus on OKC and the CHEAT. It's fine.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am

Lakerjones wrote:I think everyone around the league is basically in denial right now. It's not really something you can wrap your head around or deal with. I can't even believe it all happened and I'm just a lowly fan. Other league folks won't believe it until they see it on the court and have to actually deal with the fact that we have an NBA All Star Game level starting lineup. It's absurd. Rivers and everyone else are kind of burying their head in the sand about it, pretending it didn't happen, dismissing it (like OKC's guys) . . . problem for them is it did happen and pretty soon they will have to face the music. Of course Dwight has to get healthy and we have a whole new offense to get used to and build our chemistry. But these guys are veterans led by one of the greatest quarterback Point Guards of all time, and you have the dynamic duo of Kobe and Pau who have already brought the Lakers multiple championships. Add in Ron Artest in the best shape of his life and it's too scary for these guys to even think of right now. Let them focus on OKC and the CHEAT. It's fine.

That's what I'm seeing too. I keep reading "on paper they look good, but we have to play the games". What I keep hearing is "holy **** they look great, we're hoping they don't look so good on the court because if they do we're in trouble".

The rest of the league is trying to act as if the Lakers didn't do something major. As if we're all on equal footing and that all we did was even the score. I keep hearing on the radio and from people in the league well now can they beat Miami or OKC? Um. Have you seen our team? Any one of three guys on our team can lead them to the playoffs; in fact deep into the playoffs. The fourth through sixth are amazing 2nd options and/or role players. Our team is stacked and I can't wait to see other teams try to match up to us.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm

KG/Bass or Green vs. Dwight & Gasol.. We're going to outrebound them possibly as bad as the Heat, & both teams will struggle with us in the post. Doc knows he'll be lucky to sniff the ECF, that's why he's so focused on Miami.
lakersin4

Postby last stand on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 am

The amazing part of our team is like Miami you have a dominant force who led his team to the finals almost on his own, and then you have a SG that has won championships( in this case multiple)

But with our team that's only half the story. Then you have a 2 time, euro player of the year, form #1 option, championship #2 option at PF, oh and a 2 time MVP, multiple WCF appearance at PG

Oh and 2004 DPOY, tough guy, in the best shape of his life

Pretty incredible name lineup, still has to mesh on the court, and Kobe may need to (like wade) understand the need to take a step back and let the other guy carry the team a little

I know slightly different scenarios but the truth is Kobe needs to be fresh, only way that's possible is to defer
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand