Don't count out Kareem Rush

Don't count out Kareem Rush

Postby Laker brain on Tue May 20, 2003 3:42 pm

Although he has not seen as much playing time as pargo, Kareem still outscored pargo in points per game even playing only 7 minutes a game avg, Give him time to develop, he avg about 3 points for us he also led the lakers in rebounds one game versus the nuggets, he has a lot of potential, and is a great scorer. Pargo on the other hand got more minutes about 11 per game, and he avg 2 points a game, so who's better. The only reason Pargo seen more minute is because we don't have a true back up PG, only Shaw who is a SG by design, Kareem will get minutes next year, and dont be surprised if in another 3 years that his value will be higher than deveans,

so don't count out kareem, he may be softer than pargo right now, but he has more potential, he is bigger,and i think a better shooter, (phil like big guards) and playing w/ kobe, he will get better.
He needs to be comfortable out there, and handle the ball better.

Do you remember when Devean was a rookie, he avg 3 points a game also, and got more minutes than rush, give him time to develop, and we'll have a great back up SG for Kobe, and possibly a starting SG with Kobe at SF, (if kobe continues to bulk up). As for pargo, he is a keeper also, unless we get Jason Terry, or Arenas. We'll see in the future.

I know that Rush will be improving in the up and coming years.
So don't count him out.
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 4:01 pm

your right Phil does like bigger gaurds so why didn't he send RUSH out there instead of PARGO. Obviously, Phil has more confidence with Pargo than with Rush. Rush has a lot of things he needs to improve on but you know what? HAving nerves when things are on the line is another. Some players just excel in pressure situations. During the regular season RUSH had way more playing time. They put Pargo in the injured list for goodness sake. When Playoffs drew near PHIL knew that RUSH couldn't be counted on so PARGO was activated. T. Prince from Detroit is a rookie you don't see him shaking in his shoes when he has the ball. Rush doesn't even run back to play defense when he hands the ball to opposing teams. Come on, RUSH has below average skills, He was a small forward playing in COLLEGE and they had him listed at 6'6". He is more like 6'4". He doesnt posses the ball handling skills because he is naturally an undersize small forward.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Laker brain on Tue May 20, 2003 4:10 pm

The Stats shown above were for the playoffs, Rush scored more points per game that jannero in the playoffs, Kareem avg 3 ppg in the playoffs, and pargo about 2 point per game in more minutes than rush.

Look at the lakers stats for the play offs and find out for yourself.

I am in no way dis crediting pargo, im just saying dont count out rush
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 20, 2003 6:36 pm

I'd neva count out a player their rookie season. He was lightin it up at Mizzou. It took Devean 3 years to develop, and look at the impact he gave us this season! Peeps depended on Devean, cuz of what he has brought to the table. Don't ever count Kareem out cuz he seemed to lack game on the court. He has a lotta potential, and he's gonna be the future of tha Lake Sho. Hopefully he can show us all what he's made of next season. :jam2: Do tha dayam thang, boi! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Tue May 20, 2003 6:57 pm

I agree with you, rush will be the future

Postby Guest on Tue May 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Rush will be better pargo next year

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 20, 2003 7:10 pm

I think they'll both be great next year... I think Rush is gonna step it up, and I dont think Pargo is gonna get a lotta minutes if we get a FA PG... Lets see how it all works out though :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 24, 2003 6:45 pm

Pargo is still very young and undeveloped. That is a main reason why I think GA or JT might be a mistake, beacuse D-Fish is 27-28 years old and so by the time he retires (about 36) Pargo will ahve left or will be a veteran. But, I woldn't mind letting him go for a PG depth chart of Arenas and Fisher or Terry and Fisher...

As far as Rush goes, there are some things that will determine wether or not he has what it takes in the NBA.

#1. Off-Season Improvement: Long standing players in the NBA do NOT coast on talent and Kareem can not afford to do that either. He needs to develope some guard skills and get better at systematic defensive assignments

#2. Mental Tughness: The great MJ told Kobe (when #8 was a rookie) that, for #23, making the adjustment to the pros (back in the day)was tough and the biggest single challenge of attempting to become a great player was maintaining a competitive attitude when the cities, the games and the players were all business and the games were so frequent and run together. Stay Competitive and try to play as well as you can every night no matter what.

#3. Hustle, Energy and Consistency: Kareem was often a little bit lost, sometimes he lacked energy (probably nervousness) and he was NEVER consistent. These are the cornerstones of a great player, and they CAN be developed,but only by being on court and in games to get the valuable experience. If Mr. Rush works on #1 and #2, #3 will come as he gets more playint time...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 24, 2003 6:46 pm

Pargo is still very young and undeveloped. That is a main reason why I think GA or JT might be a mistake, because D-Fish is 27-28 years old and so by the time he retires (about 36) Pargo will have left or will be a veteran. But, I wouldn't mind letting him go for a PG depth chart of Arenas and Fisher or Terry and Fisher...

As far as Rush goes, there are some things that will determine whether or not he has what it takes in the NBA.

#1. Off-Season Improvement: Long standing players in the NBA do NOT coast on talent and Kareem can not afford to do that either. He needs to develope some guard skills and get better at systematic defensive assignments

#2. Mental Toughness: The great MJ told Kobe (when #8 was a rookie) that, for #23, making the adjustment to the pros (back in the day) was tough and the biggest single challenge of attempting to become a great player was maintaining a competitive attitude when the cities, the games and the players were all business and the games were so frequent and run together. Stay Competitive and try to play as well as you can every night no matter what.

#3. Hustle, Energy and Consistency: Kareem was often a little bit lost, sometimes he lacked energy (probably nervousness) and he was NEVER consistent. These are the cornerstones of a great player, and they CAN be developed, but only by being on court and in games to get the valuable experience. If Mr. Rush works on #1 and #2, #3 will come as he gets more playing time...
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sat May 24, 2003 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 24, 2003 7:00 pm

Yo all that stuff is tha truth... It's what all players need to do to make the transition into tha NBA possible... He really needs to find himself this off-season, and prepare for the next season. Even though peeps are givin up on him just cuz of what he showed in his 1st season. But no one is perfect in their rookie year, and I believe he'll show us himself next season. He has what it takes, we all know that, but he has to put his best foot forward, and do tha dayam thang soon!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 25, 2003 12:20 pm

I just hope that I'm wrong with my take on Kareem, but I don't think he will ever pan out. He looks like a little kid out there at times. We should have gotten Tayshaun Prince instead. Prince has an outside and an inside game. He plays D and can block huge ammounts of shots with his long arms. I think Mitch made a huge mistake.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun May 25, 2003 5:30 pm

I agree with you KENOBI.... Even though it was only RUSH's rookie year, You can sometimes tell how a player will pan out in his rookie year. He was lost(triangle is hard to learn), played little or no-defense, does not run the floor well, has no handles and I didn't see the hustle. Mitch I bet he would of admit he made a mistake. He went for a big name in the draft instead of the best possible athlete/player. Prince would of been a big help against the SPURS and I don't think he would NOT of folded unlike like RUSH.

heres my take..... TRADE RUSH and 24th pick to move up in the DRAFT... hopefully we can get in the late or mid teens in the DRAFT.

KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Return to Lakers Discussion