I don't understand the offense

Re: I don't understand the offense

Postby MC on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 am

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ It has something to do with the whole defense sitting in Nash and D12's laps because the other people on the floor aren't floor spacers.

Common theme between both Nash's success in Phoenix and D12's success in Orlando was that they had shooters at virtually every position.

Kind of like what the Heat have and what the Mavs had in their championship year. A bunch of shooters leaves the lane free to roll, on our team no one is a dead eye shooter, so teams let us shoot and take away the higher percentage shots.

If you want Nash or D12 to dominate the pick and roll, need to put some guys on the floor that can space the floor. Or at the very least guys like Clark and Hill that can move off the ball. Everyone else besides them are statues so it's easy to help off when you know their man isn't going to move.

it would help if this simpleton offense actually had guys moving off ball outside of setting a screen or trying to rush to rebounding position from 17 feet away from the basket......

Teams that rely on the jump shot is not a great philosophy for winning consistently at the highest level..... it basically sets up a few one hit wonders.

Basketball 101 since the prehistoric times.......... you defend inside out....why? the percentages......

that has not changed even though many fantasy geeks are trying to sell it otherwise.

It is also why mr Genius has won NOTHING and will continue to win NOTHING. His philosophy flies in the face of basketball common sense.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Ludachris on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 am

noobiew wrote:PnR ?

Hey ! Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat worked ! :man2:

Gortat looks to have a jump shot too, maybe that's why it worked with him.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby Ludachris on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am

D'Antoni said the "ball finds energy"... maybe that explains the 17 turnovers per game - the ball is just finding it on the other team when the Lakers are trying to run their "stand around" offense.

:man1:
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion