DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION

DONT EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:47 pm

I wanted to start this thread with a famous line from an inspirational coach that is battling cancer right now.

DON'T EVER DOUBT/UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION by Rudy T. The same Houston Rockets team coached by Rudy T that won the NBA Championship as a 6TH SEED!!!!!! in 1995

It is understandable, for some to most Laker fans to have some doubts on the upcoming playoffs and the prospects of our team, since there is a big chance that we will face Dallas on the first round, Sacramento on the second, and the Spurs on the Western Conference Finals.

We heard all the questions and comments.

IS C-WEBB's COMMENTS ACCURATE? :man7:

VAN EXEL SAYING THAT THE LAKERS WOULD NOT COME OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND. :what:

IF THE LAKERS MAKE IT PAST DALLAS AND SACRAMENTO, WILL THEY HAVE ENOUGH IN THE TANK TO PLAY A POSSIBLE SERIES WITH THE SPURS? :bang:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Who cares what comes out of Webber's piehole. Only people that are scared would make comments like, "The have to get to us first" or "Last year, we still feel like there should be an asterisk by it". After the last Lakers and Sacramento game, the Queens really believed before the game that they can come down to Staples, take the game away from World Champs and that Lakers of the past three years where a distant memory. WERE THEY SHOCKED WHAT THEY SAW!!!! :man4:

They saw a determined and dominant Shaq, that they haven't faced so far in the regular season. That same Shaq that they will meet in the playoffs.

They saw a supporting Lakers cast that scored and played well. I think at one point of the game, our bench outscored theirs by 15.

They saw a Kobe Bryant that was meritted for MVP this season.

And in the third quarter, they saw a defense, that relegated the QUEENS in taking jumper after jumper. And we all know that you can never beat the LAKERS, if all you do is take long two pointer jumpers and three pointers. JUST ASK DALLAS!!!

C-Webb was scared in what he is going to face in the playoffs and attempted valiantly to get some mental edge on the WORLD CHAMPS, the same way Van Exel tried to take that same direction with his comment. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT ANY COMMENTS OF THAT SORT WILL NEVER AFFECT THE LAKERS NEGATIVELY, IT WILL JUST ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE. :mad1:

Until some team can beat the Lakehould be an asterisk by it". After the last Lakers and Sacramento game, the Queens really believed before the game that they can come down to Staples, take the game away from World Champs and that Lakers of the past three years where a distant memory. WERE THEY SHOCKED WHAT THEY SAW!!!! :man4:

They saw a determined and dominant Shaq, that they haven't faced so far in the regular season. That same Shaq that they will meet in the playoffs.

They saw a supporting Lakers cast that scored and played well. I think at one point of the game, our bench outscored theirs by 15.

They saw a Kobe Bryant that was meritted for MVP this season.

And in the third quarter, they saw a defense, that relegated the QUEENS in taking jumper after jumper. And we all know that you can never beat the LAKERS, if all you do is take long two pointer jumpers and three pointers. JUST ASK DALLAS!!!

C-Webb was scared in what he is going to face in the playoffs and attempted valiantly to get some mental edge on the WORLD CHAMPS, the same way Van Exel tried to take that same direction with his comment. BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT ANY COMMENTS OF THAT SORT WILL NEVER AFFECT THE LAKERS NEGATIVELY, IT WILL JUST ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE. :mad1:

Until some team can beat the Lakers 4 times out of a seven game series, then no one in this league is warranted to even open their mouths about winning a championship. All the Queens, Dallas, JailBlazers, and Spurs are giving the Lakers by talking, is the MOTIVATION they need to crush them in the playoffs.

AND REMEMBER LAKER FANS IT TOOK A MISSED DEFENSIVE REBOUND AT THE END OF THE PORTLAND GAME, FROM US TALKING ABOUT THE MJ LIKE PERFORMANCE KOBE EXHIBITED AT THE END OF THAT GAME, INSTEAD OF THE TALK OF DOUBTS ABOUT THE LAKERS THAT I SEE IN THIS FORUM.

SO HAVE A LITTLE HOPE.

AT TIMES AS LAKER FANS, WE TEND TO BE FAIRWEATHER FANS!!!!!

WHO OF US CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THEY ACTUALLY SAW THE WHOLE 4TH QUARTER COMEBACK AGAINST PORTLAND IN THE 2000 WCF, THE TEN MINUTES OF GAMETIME BEFORE THE HORRY SHOT AT GAME 4 OF THE WCF LAST YEAR AGAINST SAC, THE 4TH QUARTER OF THE DALLAS 27 POINT COMEBACK, AND THE 4TH QUARTER OF THE MEMPHIS 23 POINT COMEBACK.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A LITTLE POSITIVE THINKING :tongue1:

LETS GO LAKERS
4 IN A ROW!!!!!!!

I have seen the light my friends!!!!!

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:37 pm

Well I for can say that I have seen it. And by it I mean the events leading up to the fourth quarter rally. I stay true purple and gold no matter what. Even if we were getting our butts kicked and Kobe and Shaq were null and void, I'd still stick with my team. Its funny that you draw comparrisons to that '95 Rocket team, 'cause in a way we are a bit similar. We both had a dominate center, an excellent coach, and ofcourse big shot Rob. But theres one thing we've got that they haven't got and thats Kobe Bryant. And that one reason alone my friends is why we will be victorius come playoff time.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:45 pm

yep yep
as shaq daddy does say, you need to play 4 perfect games to beat us
and right now i just dont see any team has the ability to do that
also i am so tired of smirky webbs comments
gee
will eh ever learn eating his words isnt fun?
gosh
it so old now
i will also stay purple and gold no mattah what!
and yeah
when teh lakers are hungry, they get all they want
and they will be hungry come playoffs time
and no one will or can stop them
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:39 am

Amen! :bow:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:03 am

Well, Iv'e been saying all year that to give up on te Lakers before it's over is a mistake. A BIG mistake. I still remember last year the shots of Stoudemire clowning on he bench thinking the Blazers had knocked off the Lakers only to have the Lakers come back and send them packing.
yeah, I heard it, this is a different year, but who's different on the Lakers?

Shaq. Feeling better.
Kobe. Bigger, faster, betterer.
Fox. We'll have to see what he has... maybe too much VWP :man1: ....can you blame him?
Fisher. Got ragged all year, and survived it all. :boxing1:
Madsen. shut down the probable MVP.
George. Energy.
Pargo. Unknown as to how he'll handle the playoffs.
Rush. See Pargo.
Shaw. Still comes off the bench after sitting out 3 games and nails a 3.
Horry. A step slower, but has he just been pacing himself for the playoffs?
Med. Offensive threat.
Walker. Somebody shrunk his hands. Will he be back? Don't count on it.

The other teams have to watch out for the clutch, and the defensive fury of the Lakers, and Fisher too.
Don't count the Lakers out, until the last buzzer of the last loss.
Slayer Alstarx

Return to Lakers Discussion