dont get down on shaq, we will never see another like him

dont get down on shaq, we will never see another like him

Postby OG on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:05 am

Shaq represents LA. He is LA. Its the city of bomb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] envy. Its like none other. everybody looks up to Shaq and wants to roll with him in LA where he puts his mack down with a slam like a slugg through your chest. LA, no doubt about it. Shaq gets mad respect from everyone in the NBA. they all know him as, in marbury's words, the baddest playa on dis earf (black for earth). Even Paul Perice said, "who the hell in their right mind would argue with shaq?". We are the most high profile team the NBA has ever seen with our record marketability power. Not even Jordan in his prime could have been #1 option over Shaq in shape. no doubt about it. Shaq is great, Shaq is superman, and shaq is now an angery shaq....which is kinda scary for timmy huh?
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:22 am

Not so much angry, but focused, extremely focused...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:28 pm

Of course Shaq in shape was always the number one option. I don't think anyone doubts what's he's done, and what he can do, but peeps is just mad cuz we got eliminated. We can't win it eri year, so why put it all on Shaq? Sure he's the number one option and all, but we have a team, and I think the team just got tired. It's as simple as that.... But we have next season to look forward to.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:52 pm

The L's biggest "Big Man" has always been my favorite (behind Magic Johnson). I was diggin' him when he was with Orlando, so you know I went crazy when the Lakers signed him! :jam2:

I've been a little disappointed in some of the things he's reported to have said this season, but I understand his frustration with his injuries and the lack of consistent help (outside of Kobe) this past season.

I luv ya, Shaq Daddy!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:01 pm

Shaq has a lot of pride. Basically, all our players kinda coasted this year and felt as if when it was time to get serious they would pull this thing out. They appeared lethargic and not motivated in any form or fashion. Shaq had attitude all year that he could play himself in to shape and be ready by playoff time. It was clear, he, and his team mates had no more gas in the tank. Shaq isn't going to like the fact that the Spurs won, and that not only did Duncan get a ring w/Robinson, they are now saying Duncan is the most dominant player in the league. I think you will see that be all the motivation Shaq needs to come out not only in shape, but with a chip on his shoulder. Expect an MVP like season out of Shaq this year!
Lakerfantilidie

Return to Lakers Discussion