I Dont Like Stu Lantz

Re: I Dont Like Stu Lantz

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm

KJ MonK wrote:
that Haley's Comment animation at halftime that showed Jacks head on a comet flying across the screen was comical

This. :man10:

Stu wasn't so bad when Chick was around. Chick kept him in check. But once he left us, Stu acted above every play-by-play guy he's been with. It doesn't show as much now. Mostly because Billy Mac is an easy-going, lovable guy. Stu would have to be a real jerk to bicker with him all game.

But with Joel Myers, adding two semi-jerks in the same broadcasting booth just didn't work. They bickered and disagreed all game, mostly because Stu would question just about everything Joel would say.

And every comment he has on the game is "young fella shoulda done this", or "you CANNOT do this if you're gonna do that", almost scolding the players. And my favorite: "time and time again I've always said _____"

Ok Stu :man3:

His knowledge is alright, but delivery isn't always pleasant. But I'll I give it up to Stu for being critical of bad basketball, whether it's the Lakers or the opponent. He's professional, even on the "local" level.

After seeing my share of games on stream & league pass, there are some TERRIBLE color/play-by-play guys... Stu is annoying, but still among the better ones IMO
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Aonex on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Couldn't disagree more... absolutely love Stu and his knowledge of the game. Just feel sad for other teams' fans when I hear other teams' commentators and how dry and uninteresting they are. Oh well, there are just people that get on your nerves for whatever reason... right now for me it's Floppy Griffin.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Phil XI wrote:Blasphemer

This.

Flush this troll thread down the crapper.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 am

I love when he rips the team or players for their terrible play. They were completely disorganized last night and deserved it.
Pig Miller

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Stu is way better than Billy Mac. Billy Mac sucks. His dumb cash money line is pointless.
JGC

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Love stu. Glad that he actually calls players out
www.CheckYourMD.com
Johnnyboy

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I feel like Stu almost lectures Billy Mac on the game at times. I like that, though.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby 805LakerLove on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I love Stu... I find myself saying the exact same thing he does when watching the game. I credit him with educating me on what things to look for. The only feedback I would give him is to stop using the word "Again..."
805LakerLove

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 am

your dislike must be legit if you think Reggie Miller is a better substitue :man3:
khmrP

Postby Forklift on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I used to watch a ton of live streams and stuff due to the fact that i didn't have cable and Stu is in my opinion one of the better commentators. Some commentators all you hear is them complaining about every call that goes against their team. Or how amazing their players are.
Forklift

Postby Harrison5394 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Stu never has the balls to say anything bad about Kobe. He's not brave at all.
Harrison5394

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

khmrP wrote:your dislike must be legit if you think Reggie Miller is a better substitue :man3:

i just dont like the dude anymore...he was cool til about 5 years ago...between him and Billy Mac, i'm better off watching with no sound sometimes
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Stu Lantz is alladat and a bag of chips! He's great. Is he condescending at times? Yep. So what. Is he demanding on players, expecting them to make a free throw, have some left hand/offhand ability to finish at least a layup or for dribblng? Yep. So what. Does he clown referees for making wack calls? Yep!

I hope Stu keeps it up!
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

purp n gold wrote:
KJ MonK wrote:
that Haley's Comment animation at halftime that showed Jacks head on a comet flying across the screen was comical

This. :man10:

Stu wasn't so bad when Chick was around. Chick kept him in check. But once he left us, Stu acted above every play-by-play guy he's been with. It doesn't show as much now. Mostly because Billy Mac is an easy-going, lovable guy. Stu would have to be a real jerk to bicker with him all game.

But with Joel Myers, adding two semi-jerks in the same broadcasting booth just didn't work. They bickered and disagreed all game, mostly because Stu would question just about everything Joel would say.

And every comment he has on the game is "young fella shoulda done this", or "you CANNOT do this if you're gonna do that", almost scolding the players. And my favorite: "time and time again I've always said _____"

Ok Stu :man3:

His knowledge is alright, but delivery isn't always pleasant. But I'll I give it up to Stu for being critical of bad basketball, whether it's the Lakers or the opponent. He's professional, even on the "local" level.

:man10:

Remember that game against San Antonio where Chick had to leave at halftime due to his voice developing laryngitis? And then Derek Fisher filled in so Stu moved over to play by play and Fish did the color commentating for Stu?

That was an EPIC Stu Lantz performance... dude was really going off on the players in that game. I'll never forget him yelling out "AGAIN! You need to box out!" "AGAIN! If you are standing there looking at the ball and not boxing out..." :man10: :man10:

If somebody can dig up an old VHS tape and upload it to Youtube...
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
khmrP wrote:your dislike must be legit if you think Reggie Miller is a better substitue :man3:

i just dont like the dude anymore...he was cool til about 5 years ago...between him and Billy Mac, i'm better off watching with no sound sometimes

BOOO!!! How can you not like this guy??

Here's a Stuism I just picked up from an old youtube clip. With CP3 getting an And One on Andrew Bynum, Stu retorts, "I'll tell you he's gonna dislocate one of these bigs' shoulders... Andrew Bynum was swinging at that one again... when you swing and swing hard and get nothing but air, WHOO! It takes a TOLL.." :man10: :man10:

Last edited by Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
Lakeshow24

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:20 pm

classic Stu right here :bow:

RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

BOOO!!! How can you not like this guy??

Here's a Stuism I just picked up from an old youtube clip. With CP3 getting an And One on Andrew Bynum, Stu retorts, "I'll tell you he's gonna dislocate one of these bigs' shoulders... Andrew Bynum was swinging at that one again... when you swing and swing hard and get nothing but air, WHOO! It takes a TOLL.." :man10: :man10:

i dunno fellow lakers fan...i've tuned him out...like i said, Stu is very good compared to what's out there but he tone in recent years has been irking me
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Juronimo wrote:classic Stu right here :bow:

I like Stu and all, but after that highlight I'm giving praise to KOBE!
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
Lakeshow24

Postby Maluco Beleza on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Harrison5394 wrote:Stu never has the balls to say anything bad about Kobe. He's not brave at all.

so true
Maluco Beleza

Postby ibeo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 pm

loove stu...billy mac could go and i'd cheer but stu is as lakers as forum blue
ibeo

Postby Alcindor on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 pm

I look at it this way, every commentator has their go-to phrases and pet peeves and Stu is no exception so he can seem a little boring on occasion when he says his typical fall-back stuff but no more so than any others out there and he is FAR less of a homer than some of the guys out there like the Clip's Lawler and Smith who are UNBEARABLE.
Alcindor

Postby halekulani on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am

i like him because he's not a homer
i'd rather have someone pointing out the flaws than always siding with the team
halekulani

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

my eyes lit up when i saw the game was on ESPN last night...then as soon as i switched it over, i hear Van Gundy talking about how handsome the Wilkins brothers were...i almost went back to Stu and Billy Mac...almost
pound4pound1

Postby J-Dub562 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Aonex wrote:Couldn't disagree more... absolutely love Stu and his knowledge of the game. Just feel sad for other teams' fans when I hear other teams' commentators and how dry and uninteresting they are. Oh well, there are just people that get on your nerves for whatever reason... right now for me it's Floppy Griffin.

This!

I don't want some homer announcers like you get with most teams. Stu calls it like it is, and if you don'tlike his criticism then you're obviously too much of a homer to understand it.
J-Dub562

Postby jbiggs on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

people dont understand how good we have it with stu...go to almost any other teams broadcast and you will thank your lucky stars we have him
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion