Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby Legendary on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 pm

trodgers wrote:I don't want to gloat like that, but I am blown away by what the Lakers have done to put us back into contention. :bow:

I respect your modesty, but damn it.....we deserve a little time in the spotlight.

The Lakers are back......BOOK IT!
Legendary

Postby hig on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:18 pm

I don't think West is the GM in Memphis anymore.

Chris Wallace is : http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/chris_wallace.htm
"I'm sure people who've been in our corner, they'll stay in our corner. People who are not, I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon.

"Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room.'
hig

Postby mpresev on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 pm

I do hear that Gasol is not a defender. Good enough for me.
"I smoke but do not inhale"
mpresev

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Lets put all fan reaction from other teams in here please!

purplengoldjonez wrote:Since we talked quite a bit with Indi to get JO, i wanted to see what the pacer fans thought of this deal. Here are some of the reactions...

My hopes for us sending JO to the Lakers and Lamar Odom becoming a Pacer appear to have just been crushed.

Lakers just put themselves into the upper echelon of West teams...jesus...it is WIDE open now.

Nice trade.

well, this is the deal we should have accepted for jo with rad included to make it work $ wise...very stupid on lb's part and now who the F would want jo that could offer a better package???

now why the hell can't we trade like that?

Oh, and the Lakers fans once again get spoiled rotten. I'll admit it, I'm jealous, and this sucks.

Hats off to the Lakers brass. I just wish we could have benefited from the Lakers' need for a big man.

Holy crap.

LA might win the trophy.

Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Farmar is silly good. Wow. Just wow

The real sad thing is that the Pacers could probably have gotten MORE than this package from the Lakers had they been willing to deal last summer. JO is now almost untradeable.

This is a good trade for both the Lakers and Grizz. LA becomes a real contender now, and Memphis gets picks and PG who has potential to become decent, along with Kwame.

Lakers are in the Finals. This trade just put them over the top. Just Wow. . . Kwame brown was pissing me off last night against Detroit, Standin around doing jack off. Maybe Kwame knew he was gone. Watch When Bynum Gets back . . ****TTTT

JB wrote:I hope the mods don't mind, but here are reactions from fans of a team hoping our recent injury woes would allow them to move ahead of us for a playoff spot....

HOUSTON

What a ******* steal for the Lakers. Amazing.

Another reason to hate the Lakers.

Jerry West is still a Laker.... ****

holy ****

best deal eva

this is going to make the lakers a contender

damn, not good news for us

wow, as if it wasnt tought enough for us to get back int he playoff pic, now the lakers gotta get gasol. dayum. well at least pau can see how the playoffs are like on an actual team, specially w/ the best player in the game.

Man thats some BS, Pau for **** expirings and first round picks that will be in the 20+ range, memphis got absolutely robbed. We can forget about the Lakers missing the playoffs now.

Is This A **** JOKE! i mean, were trying to get back in the playoff picture and now this! what a bs!

The Lakers are relevant again. Damnit

bynum / gasol / odom / kobe / fisher ... wow -- at least now when GS/Por/Utah/Den play the lakers, lakers will be favored. but if we catch LA in round one t-mac can forget about the second round.

Oh my God.

Why does God hate the Rockets?

It's not even the Lakers falling out of playoff contention...they have a very legitimate shot at winning the championship now.

Anyone got rope?

Does anyone at this point still think we're a championship contender? I honestly don't, and I can't see anyone else thinking so.

I'll be satisfied with sneaking into the playoffs as a 6-8 seed and then stunning our favored opponent. That would mean progress and get the "no playoff wins" gorilla off McGrady's, Yao's, and the Rockets' backs. We can try to contend for the title next year.

welcome to the world of reality
this is what we are going to get too if we are trading T-Mac
basically just expired contract, some unproven youngster, and pick

Enjoy!

fusechris wrote:-Via Phx realgm board.

Damn, the freakn suns suck! I am soo pised. The lakers are going to spank us now. we play no D, have no size and their front line is going to crush us.

Might as well trade Nash, Amare and Matrix now since we won't be winning a title in the future.

You guys wanna try to re-visit Odom for Marion?

This is ridicolous

lol @ the prospect of having to play Gasol + Bynum the next 5 years

Lakers are going to Kill us on the boards with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. Will we get a rebound against them. Wow Lakers are scary now.

Its over

I'd do a Marion for Odom + cash at the moment.

number8 wrote:I was just reading a Grizzlies forum and a lot of fans on there are actually happy about it and feel it was time for Pau to move on.

http://grizzlies.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/880608174/m/4011037432/p/2
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby supreme8 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 pm

i cant wait until i start hearing the chants "BEAT LA BEAT LA"
supreme8

Postby JB on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:59 pm

How about this gem from a RealGM Spurs mod:

I'm sick...
This trade is rediculous. I guess there have been worse trades but its hard to think of any right now. The ones I can think of like Baron Davis to GState for speedy and dale davis and a six pack ... was acceptible because it didn't change the balance of power in the league. .

This is gift wrapping the title to the Lakers if Bynum comes back okay. Pau is probably a top 4-7 offensive player in the paint. Giving him to the Lakers for nothing makes me sick.

I feel like my intelligence has been insulted by the NBA. The only sense this trade makes is to make the Lakers champs again. There is nothing in it for Memohis ... I'm sure they could have gotten more for PG on the open market.

If I were a Lakers fan I'd love it.
Since I'm not I think this trade needs to be blocked. The same way Bowie Kuhn blocked the Charly Finley liquidation sales of the 70s. Not just this trade but everything Memphis is doing. Stro, Stuadimire, Gasol,

I don't even feel like watching basketball anymore. Its time for me to grow up anyway
JB

Postby L4L on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:01 pm

WOW! JB that truly was a gem.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby halekulani on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:03 pm

blocking trades
haha
halekulani

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Man, I love all the hate from other fans. We were a dynasty just a few years ago and are supposed to be rebuilding....all of a sudden, we're the best team in the league (on paper)....not just for now, but we're also pretty set for the future. Great job by the front office.
Mark McNamara

Postby JB on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 pm

We've all read or maybe even written things like these fans are over the past few years.

It just feels really good to have them being written about the Lakers again.
JB

Postby methodxs on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Dallas REALGM forums-

lake board going ape ****. Many have said that the league should just shut down now. I think they better tap the brakes as well. There is a reason that games are played. The boards were not this scared when Garnett went to Boston.

That sums up my thoughts.

From Boston REALGM forums-

the lakers are really going to be a force, wow, when bynum gets back plus kobe, lamar, WOW!!!

Wow. Just wow.

WOW.

and... OW

LAkers are a match up nightmare if this is true.
With Bynum, Odem, and Gasol they have the best front line in BBall.

Bulls REALGM forum

I CANT BELIEVE THIS, ITS JUST TERRIBLE

SO SAD

DROWN MY SORROWS IN BEER NOW

I want to cry. Fisher/Kobe/Odom/Gasol/Bynum. Not fair.

WOW WAT THE F***** JUST HAPPEN HOW COME EVERY TEAM in the league gets these superstars for free and the bulls cant get a star. WOW

lastly
ScottMay wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

I don't plan on missing too many Lakers games between now and the end of the season. That is must-see TV.

Think a Celtics-Lakers finals this year might stir some national interest?

David Stern is having wet dreams about that finals matchup.
methodxs

Postby halekulani on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm

Pro sports are rigged and with basketball you can really see it. Like i just said, there's no way either of the boston or LA trades would've happened with some small market team like memphis or Miluakee (spellin)

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=48
this guy should just stop watching sports altogether
:man10:

I think id rather be a knick fan.

taken from memphis realgm :man10: :man10: :man10:
Last edited by halekulani on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halekulani

Postby borri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 pm

LOL more plz. This is some funny stuff. :mhihi: :man9:
borri

Postby Kevin Martinfan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:33 pm

:man10: was my reaction at first and then after thinking a second my reaction was... :bang:
Welcome BACK Reggie Theus!
Kevin Martinfan

Postby Kevin Martinfan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:34 pm

But seriously congrats guys.
Welcome BACK Reggie Theus!
Kevin Martinfan

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Kevin Martinfan wrote:But seriously congrats guys.

you only say that till we steal away kevin martin for sasha.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
10scott10

Postby purplengoldjonez on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 pm

we havent won anytrhing yet, but even for today its good to be king.. lol I have that same feeling i had when phil signed on to take us to the next level.. keep these coming they are funny, I think most everyone who follows basketball will be cleaning out their underwear for a couple days...
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Utah fans:
LjJazzman wrote:**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Six_Fore wrote:Anyone else have the sudden impulse to strangle the Grizzlies GM?!

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:At least we should win in Memphis on Saturday!! :)

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:calm down guys! maybe people in LA think gasol is from mexico and they make him flip the burgers!

the last one really just makes me go :freak2:
10scott10

Postby borri on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Some more from phxsuns.net:

What if they waive Brown? We should keep an eye on it..

Bynum,Gasol,Odom

Diaw,Marion,Amare

Size difference anyone?

You mean other than their small forward being bigger than our center?

Well, that's all folks. There's no freaking way we can deal with the Lakers when they get Bynum back. This is gonna be a long, slow slide into oblivion, like watching a grandparent with Alzheimers.

Bill Paxton's coming back.

we's some freaked out mofos this afternoon.

um.... i need a drink.
borri

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Ha ha these are classic. I love the one JB posted, that dude is actually giving up basketball because of this trade. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:59 pm

You mean other than their small forward being bigger than our center?

by far the best
10scott10

Postby MadMax on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:59 pm

10scott10 wrote:
Kevin Martinfan wrote:But seriously congrats guys.

you only say that till we steal away kevin martin for sasha.

I love it, I'm on cloud nine right now.
MadMax

Postby Griever on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:00 am

Were not officially the team to beat yet until we get most our roster back from these injuries but we sure are looking damn good and once Ariza and A-Bomb get back ? pssh 4get it
Griever

Postby borri on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:12 am

From arizonasportsfans.com forums Suns:

I really don't see how we can compete against a Odom/Gasol/Bynum frontcourt. Marion/Amare/Diaw vs that? They're going to be so tired working for boards that they will have nothing else to give.

Man I think I am gonna hurl, this is really bad.

LA is completely beastly and we can't beat NOH.

I can see with both NOH and LA being so nasty the old top 3 spurs, dallas, and suns having no chance.

Panic time!

Whats scary is I just tried... Kidd + Allen for Odom + Radmanovic + Farmar and it works.

Gasol does not turn the lakers to a championship team, what the heck are you guys smoking?

One could already argue with a healthy bynum they WERE a championship team.

This just makes it flat out unfair.

What did we get for KT and picks? *plllffffbbbt* (the noise you make when you stick your lips on your tongue and blow). Thats what.

Lakers basically sell Brown and picks (counting crit as a pick basically) and what do they get?

This basically grotesquely disgusts me.

your being pretty delusional right now. look how well they played full strength and then add a gasol? damn. i was scared of the lakers before with bynum playing so well, now the suns chances are slim against them.

Anyone here work for the INS or State Department? There has to be a way to mess with Gasol's visa or papers.

Too bad Amare won't be matched up with Gasol, he'll get Andrew Bynum who has owned Stoudemire in their two meetings this season. Gasol will get Shawn Marion and Grant Hill will get Lamar Odom. That should be interesting experiment to see how many games you can win when the other team gets an offensive board on every possession.

Yeah we can stop worrying about the spurs now. The lakers with gasol instead of kwame are the best on paper, and its not that close even.

We are officially FUBAR!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, Ker make a move!!!!! Bynum and Gasol!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Crap! We had a hard enough time with just Bynum

Phil Jackson was right! Our window of opportunity was closing, but now it may be official. I hate "The sky is falling" threads, but s*** man! Hopefully, I am over reacting. CRAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

some people are ignoring that this is Phil Jackson and this is a team with decent players.... and a BIG frontline. With Gasol's scoring and more than enough rebounding ability... combined with Odom's and Bynum's good rebounding ability. That front court will pretty much beat the Suns by themselves.... and OH.... forgetting no.24....
borri

Postby MadMax on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:13 am

^

Reminds me of when you pour salt onto slugs....

heh heh heh :man9: :man9: :man9:
MadMax

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion