Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby The Maverick on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:56 am

Legendary wrote:LMMFAO!

This was posted over at Realgm. Mitch did make out like a thief:

Sky made that.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby The Maverick on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:56 am

mavoretto wrote:
Legendary wrote:LMMFAO!

This was posted over at Realgm. Mitch did make out like a thief:

Who's sitting right from d'antoni? who is frankenstein? i don't recognize.

Kevin McHale - He looks like Frankenstein.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Venomenon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:04 am

From ClubSpurs:

I just read on ESPN that Bynum may be out for the year. Yikes for them, if true.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Venomenon

Postby GameTimeLaker on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:12 am

The league just got PaOWNED
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

Postby westcoast21 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:12 am

My friend and i last night were talking about LA sports havent been the same in awhile. The only team thats really shown success is the USC Trojans. But are things changing? Torre/Jones to the Dodgers, Carlos Ruiz/Beckham to the Galaxy, now Gasol to the Lakers? I hope the sun is rising on LA sports again. and wow, i was taking a look at the 04-05 roster and compared it to what its going to be now, just amazing:

Atkins
Bryant
Butler
Odom
Mihm

bench
Brian Cook, Jurmaine Jones, Tierre Brown, Brian Grant, Kareem Rush

:help:

and over the last four years, that has transformed into this:

Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

bench
Jordan Farmar, Ronny Turiaf, Sasha Vujacic, Vladamir Radmonovich, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, Chris Mihm

:firstlady:
westcoast21

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:13 am

kwembinekwek wrote:From ClubSpurs:

I just read on ESPN that Bynum may be out for the year. Yikes for them, if true.

Sure, he's out for 6 more weeks, maybe 7 if they want to go slowly - and then we'll call it a season. :mhihi:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby crucifixion on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:16 am

LOL, too funny
Odom Light: Less filling, Wastes great
crucifixion

Postby Venomenon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:18 am

GameTimeLaker wrote:The league just got PaOWNED

PAU-wned. :man10:
Venomenon

Postby GameTimeLaker on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 am

kwembinekwek wrote:
GameTimeLaker wrote:The league just got PaOWNED

PAU-wned. :man10:

:man10:
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:44 am

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=12

The Gasol trade is ALREADY KNOWN as one of the WORST trades in NBA HISTORY. They didn't get ANYTHING they needed at all. ANYTHING.

AND IT MADE THE LAKERS. THE **** LAKERS. THE TITLE FAVORITES!

:man13:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby halekulani on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 am

kenside34 wrote:Fear the KGB

awesome.
halekulani

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 am

LOL ESPN

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime? ... -080202-03

What does this do to the rest of the West?

The Lakers already had teams nervous before Bynum's injury with their speed, length and depth. They had West rivals more nervous than the other surprise teams like New Orleans and Portland, which have no collective playoff experience.

The reaction was thus widespread shock when word began to circulate that the Lakers, without warning, were able to add Gasol for seemingly nothing. "There's not a lot of happy campers out here," said one West exec, echoing the sort of surprise I heard from pretty much every team I spoke to Friday night.

Yet he was mostly referring to the teams from the same tier of newer challengers like the Lakers, such as the Hornets, Nuggets and Rockets. The established power trio of San Antonio, Phoenix and Dallas -- while just as stunned as the rest of us -- isn't going to change course now in response to something L.A. did, impressive as it was.

San Antonio doesn't have the ability to make a major change without breaking up its Big Three of Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, which naturally won't be happening any time soon. And sources with knowledge of the team's thinking echo the recent proclamations by Suns owner Robert Sarver that Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion are going nowhere, regardless of any speculation to the contrary that's been rumbling all season.

Dallas? The Mavericks were discussing Kidd trade scenarios before the Lakers completed their Pau heist, and plugged-in sources maintain that they were planning to continue along that path regardless.

Sources insist, furthermore, that the Mavs' concern is not that the Lakers look so formidable on paper now but whether they can find a way to acquire Kidd without decimating their team. Dallas is resigned to the fact that it will have to part with Devin Harris if it wants Kidd. Harder for them to accept is the notion that getting Kidd might also mean parting with Jerry Stackhouse and one or two key big men: Brandon Bass and/or DeSegana Diop.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:00 am

There are some absolute gems in this thread. :man10:

This one's probably my favorite:

Anyone here work for the INS or State Department? There has to be a way to mess with Gasol's visa or papers.

:man10: :mhihi:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 am

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3225490

Okay, now the Lakers scare the heck out of me! You have a frontline wirh a banger (Bynum) a half banger but decent passer (Gasol) and a point forward in PF body (Odom). And Kobe plays there, too! If anybody besides Kobe checks there ego before setting foot on the hardwood, this is an incredibly dangerous team, especially with the triangle! The only thing that will prevent them from winning the title this year? If Odom, Bynum and Gasol won't have enough time (8-10 games together) before the Playoffs start. Next year? Injuries may slow them down, but if they get their starting 5 together come playoff time, they will beat anybody!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby halekulani on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 am

Cevap wrote:
McHale counters the move by sending Jefferson to Boston for Pollard.

:nono2:
halekulani

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:26 am

Jazz realgm

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 6&start=36

this trade is going to resound through the halls of NBA legendarium for all time.

The Memphis Grizzlies just handed Kobe--an All Time Great, and bound to be one of the biggest figures in the history of the game--a second shot at proving his greatness sans Shaq. This is an excellent chance that this trade will live in infamy for years to come.

I don't see how you would be willing to take the risk of being on the losing end of something like that.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 am

Phxsuns.net

West ain't there anymore. Griffin would have been, but he turned the job down.

I'm pretty sure Kupchak has nude pics of Memphis management.

This sucks a-word(edited).

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Furious Laker on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:01 am

borri wrote:Lastly, my favorite one of all....from a Suns fan:

Maybe the NBA will change the rules and make offensive rebounding illegal.

Furious Laker

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Cleveland fans

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=756815

It's not even a question, the Lakers are CLEARLY better than us now Lebron or not.

Their front line is all over 6'10 and capable of dropping a double double. They will be a great rebounding team and have 2 7 footers around the rim to block shots. Bigs win in the NBA as proven by our team and that is one helluva front line any way you want to spin it.

Then consider they kept all their best bench players like Farmar and Turiaf, and have a great offensive/defensive backcourt with Fisher/Bryant, AND have Phil Jackson - a HOF Coach..it's not even close and I hate the Lakers.

To me that team has better, younger talent than the Celtics. Ferry better make a trade for Kidd/Bibby, we need to upgrade if we want to compete with the top tier West teams at this point..

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:36 pm

A few reactions from the Phoenix Suns.Net site:

http://www.phxsuns.net/showthread.php?t=475&page=1

"Wow and they gave up a bum in Kwame, a rookie who they rarely play, and a couple picks. That is a great deal for them. Scary for us."

"Wow, is this some kind of favor from Jerry West? That's the best they could get for Gasol? What a lopsided move."

"And what the hell is the deal with us?! We couldn't offer anything better than that? I'd think that Diaw and Banks plus a couple of our picks would have gotten it done. Just incredible..."

"Unbelievable. The Lakers managed to dump Brown's worthless [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] for a major player who makes them an instant contender."

"one of the most lopsided trades ever! Lakers dump Brown's salary and add one of the best big men in the league for a pair of low #1's. Hell, the Suns would have given away the #1's just for the privilige of dumping Brown without getting back an all-star center. Phil Jackson is as wiley as a coach can be and knows how to get the most out of his players and exploit our weaknesses (as does Popovich). He will get a lot out of Gasol. I don't care if some of you are tired of hearing trade talk. As is, we are at the mercy of the Spurs and Lakers (unless Amare is allowed 10 fouls per game) and we will surely face one or both in the playoffs."

"Well, that's all folks. There's no freaking way we can deal with the Lakers when they get Bynum back. This is gonna be a long, slow slide into oblivion, like watching a grandparent with Alzheimers."

"so strange that the Griz makes this kind of dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] move with a WC competitor. They could have done a deal like this all day in the East. And I can understand free agents falling in the lap of Los Angeles but for Griz management to play into the Lakers hands -- absurd. It's getting harder and harder to stomach this league between Stern's decision making, refs on the take, and now perhaps an owner looking to get out and perhaps giving the NBA a leading contender in LA for some unknown consideration (love him or hate him everyone tunes in when Kobe's team advances"

"And we had problems with the Laker size before this trade? Hope we don't face them in the first round again. With a healthy Bynum, I don't think we'd get past them"

"This is why the lakers have rings. They believe in acquiring big men and utilizing them. We want to play a frontcourt of 6-8 athletes that run and shoot. We'll see who gets further this year.

"Im not saying the lakers are guaranteed anything, but i dont see how this helps our chances at all."
Alleyhoops

Postby JSM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:49 pm

These comments are hilarious.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Denver nuggets

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=12

this is the most amazing deal that i've seen in a while now. the lakers get an all-star for NOTHING!!!! 2 first round picks?? damn they aren't a lottery team. we could've had made a better offer than that. DAMN!!!!!

LA incoming :
Gasol
+2nd round pick

Memphis incoming:
Kwame Brown
+Javaris Cittenton
+Aaron McKie (signed the same day to make that deal work) -.-
+Draft Rights for Mark Gasol
+2 first round picks in 2008/2010 (from a playoff team)

are you kidding me !? Kwame brown is garbage. this player never proved that he can be a good nba player. he's the worst nba nr.1 pick of all time!
Javaris (what!? you dont know me) crittenton...
Aaron -i cant run anymore- mckie... seriously this trade is a joke. the only interesting thing about it are the draft rights for Mark Gasol. i'm totally shoked... when i first read it i thought they would've at least traded odom. but the whole team is still together. what i want to ask you now is...:
WHERE IS OUR FRONT OFFICE FOR MAKING SUCH AMAZING DEALS WORK?? damn... i'm so pissed right now.

i want Kidd for Martin and J.R.... NOW!!!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Screw the lakers. They could bring 1995 Michael Jordan back in a time machine and we will still win the championship. We have the desire, good karma, and heart on our side and we will beat all comers.

Bring on the 2008 playoffs, and bring on our championship.

:man10: You can tell suns fans are afraid.
live and die in LA

Postby Legendary on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:02 pm

From the Bulls forum at Realgm:

Did I mention that I was sick to my stomach?

I feel like I used to do if I found out that an ex-girlfriend was now going out with someone else or, even worse, one of my friends. It's been a long time, but boy that feeling retains its pungency.

And she's telling everyone you know how happy she is to finally understand what an orgasm feels like...

Yeah. This pretty much sucks. I can't believe we couldn't/didn't offer better than that.
Legendary

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:04 pm

^ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion