Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby CornMonkey on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
kosstick wrote:what happened to posting doom in this thread lol its been kobe hate discussion and whether or not the shaq trade was good lol

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1
Less debate. More doom.
CornMonkey

Postby checkers09 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Here's a long article...from a Celtics fan.

http://clnsradio.com/2012/08/21/damn-lakers/

The Lakers Continue Their Winning Ways by Following the Same Plan
Damn Lakers.

But really, how else can we react? The Lakers have done it again.

This is not a recent phenomenon either. For the past 40 years, every time it looks like the Lakers’ star is beginning to fade, they pull a rabbit out of their hat to not only get back in the mix, but to re-cement their status as the dominant team in the NBA.

So excuse me for being a little, shall we say, peeved.

The emotions have gotten the best of me, however. This writer cannot get over the Lakers fortune over the last forty freakin’ years. And to put it lightly, that fortune has played its part in the Lakers being unequivocally the best franchise in all of professional sports since the 1970s.

And then, of course, those damn Lakers blindsided their haters with yet another haymaker. Dwight Howard to LA, while the whole basketball world’s eyes were on the Summer Olympics in London.

Howard came to LA via Orlando, following the same path of Shaquille O’Neal. In a four-team trade, the Magic got in return for Howard Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, and three (late) first round draft choices. Hey, at least it was more than what they got for Shaq.

Those damn Lakers caught us sleeping again. They always do. That’s how they do it.

You tell yourself to stop wondering. You tell yourself to not get agitated over it. But you can’t. Those bastids have done it again. The same redundant process has repeated itself. The cycle goes on.

Damn Lakers.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Celtic doom is extra sweet...thanks for getting this thread back on course :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Respect for that Celtics fan.

At least he wasn't all:
"Oh, will Kobe hog the ball"
"Nash is too old"
"Dwight is going to cry again"
"What about chemistry?"

Nonsense. Hate those dumb "fans". Just completely blind.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Respect for that Celtics fan.

At least he wasn't all:
"Nash is too old"
"What about chemistry?"

its funny though that C's fans are crying bout this, when it was their team who started this recent super-team trend, I mean w/o their big 3 to get in James way, I dont think Mia big 3 comes together like that :man10: and obviously we're trying to counter Mia's 3 with our own.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

ahh the tastiness of Celtic Doom.... Oh how I missed you
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Oh but wait, didn't lemonhead guarantee those guys another championship? Nothing like reading doom from those fans.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby TalkieWalkie on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Went to page 1 of this thread and read the Gasol trade doom... Lol it's like history repeating. Just copy and paste and change Gasol to Dwight..
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 pm

TalkieWalkie wrote:Went to page 1 of this thread and read the Gasol trade doom... Lol it's like history repeating. Just copy and paste and change Gasol to Dwight..

Here's a gem from 2008 from a Sun's fan:

Might as well trade Nash, Amare and Matrix now since we won't be winning a title in the future.

:man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby borri on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 pm

An idiot Clipper fan tried to tell me today that the Spurs are still better than the us. Man I had a really good laugh at that.

Frankly, I haven't met too many educated Clipper fans in my life. There's something about being a fan of such losers that clouds your thoughts, I fathom.
borri

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:43 pm

borri wrote:An idiot Clipper fan tried to tell me today that the Spurs are still better than the us. Man I had a really good laugh at that.

Frankly, I haven't met too many educated Clipper fans in my life. There's something about being a fan of such losers that clouds your thoughts, I fathom.

You're in LA, and you choose to be a fan of the Clippers.

That's like being in a room with an ugly girl and a hot girl, and choosing the ugly girl.

smh.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Barnstable on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
borri wrote:An idiot Clipper fan tried to tell me today that the Spurs are still better than the us. Man I had a really good laugh at that.

You're in LA, and you choose to be a fan of the Clippers.

That's like being in a room with an ugly girl that repeatedly fails at life, has about 8 kids by different baby daddies, and a hot girl that's also super smart and rich, and choosing the ugly girl.

smh.

Fixed
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 pm

khmrP wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Respect for that Celtics fan.

At least he wasn't all:
"Nash is too old"
"What about chemistry?"

its funny though that C's fans are crying bout this, when it was their team who started this recent super-team trend, I mean w/o their big 3 to get in James way, I dont think Mia big 3 comes together like that :man10: and obviously we're trying to counter Mia's 3 with our own.

Actually, the big 3 got together mostly because they wanted to end the "Kobe era." Plain and simple. Wade and Bron act like they like Kobe, but they really didn't want him to win another ring because they were coming into their primes and would never live down the Kobe era arguments. I was told by an attorney in Miami who works for the Heat (she and I went to law school together) that part of Riley's pitch to Bron and Bosh was that them teaming up was the only way to ensure that Kobe didn't win 1 or 2 more. dont forget, at that time, Kobe had just been in 3 straight finals. Bron and Wade wanting to beat him and end his run was a huge factor -- you can see it when Wade plays him, always takes it personally (like in the freakin All-Star game).

Riles tried the same with Fish too -- "you can win one without Kobe."

Since they formed -- 2 straight finals and 1 ring. Did the Lakers do enough this summer to get Kobe back to the finals?

If they stay healthy and Kobe buys into the Boston and Mia big-3 mentality of sacrificing stats, then yes...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby DMK on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Considering the magnitude of this trade.... im shocked this thread DOES NOT contain EPIC DOOM from all opposing teams in the NBA.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 pm

DMK wrote:Considering the magnitude of this trade.... im shocked this thread DOES NOT contain EPIC DOOM from all opposing teams in the NBA.

^^ Very true. It should! :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
DMK wrote:Considering the magnitude of this trade.... im shocked this thread DOES NOT contain EPIC DOOM from all opposing teams in the NBA.

^^ Very true. It should! :jam2:

It's strange how quiet it's been. I think we've seriously done so much damage that it's tough to admit we are going to OWN.

I'm the biggest Laker fan I know, and I still haven't fathomed our lineup.

We REALLY added Nash and Dwight to our starting line-up? AND our bench good MUCH better?

I mean, seriously? Who does that? We barely lost to OKC last year. We blew 2 games. We could have easily been in the WCF.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby OX1947 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 pm

I have watched a lot of basketball in my time. Laker homer or not, if this team is healthy the entire way, no one is beating them. Especially Miami. If Howard gave Miami fits with Hedo, Jameer and Redick playing a long side him, how the hell are they going to stop him with Kobe, Nash, Artest and Gasol? OKC will be an interesting team, but we already saw how the Lakers pretty much shut down their offense well for 2 games that should have been wins had the Lakers OFFENSE not given Durant the ball to score in 2 secs when they had two leads. And now you are telling me, with Howard as the anchor, it wont be better? Come on.

Lakers are going to destroy team next year. If they do not win at least 65 games next year, that will be embarrassing.
OX1947

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 pm

OX1947 wrote:I have watched a lot of basketball in my time. Laker homer or not, if this team is healthy the entire way, no one is beating them. Especially Miami. If Howard gave Miami fits with Hedo, Jameer and Redick playing a long side him, how the hell are they going to stop him with Kobe, Nash, Artest and Gasol? OKC will be an interesting team, but we already saw how the Lakers pretty much shut down their offense well for 2 games that should have been wins had the Lakers OFFENSE not given Durant the ball to score in 2 secs when they had two leads. And now you are telling me, with Howard as the anchor, it wont be better? Come on.

Lakers are going to destroy team next year. If they do not win at least 65 games next year, that will be embarrassing.

Then prepare to be embarrased. While Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard is really an impressive team, it's still a newly assembled team, they need to figure out each other and gain some experience together. Hopefully, come Playoffs time, they will have everything figured out, but we will most probably have some struggles during the Regular Season, specially in the pre All-Star period.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby OX1947 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:
OX1947 wrote:I have watched a lot of basketball in my time. Laker homer or not, if this team is healthy the entire way, no one is beating them. Especially Miami. If Howard gave Miami fits with Hedo, Jameer and Redick playing a long side him, how the hell are they going to stop him with Kobe, Nash, Artest and Gasol? OKC will be an interesting team, but we already saw how the Lakers pretty much shut down their offense well for 2 games that should have been wins had the Lakers OFFENSE not given Durant the ball to score in 2 secs when they had two leads. And now you are telling me, with Howard as the anchor, it wont be better? Come on.

Then prepare to be embarrased. While Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard is really an impressive team, it's still a newly assembled team, they need to figure out each other and gain some experience together. Hopefully, come Playoffs time, they will have everything figured out, but we will most probably have some struggles during the Regular Season, specially in the pre All-Star period.

You mean how the Celtics in 2008 and Miami in 2010 had to figure it out?
OX1947

Postby WilliamHaven on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I think everyone half-knew that somehow Dwight would end up in LA...and that is probably why there isn't a whole lot of doom material. There's no "OMG" shock value to the doom.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:26 am

OX1947 wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:

2008 Lakers too. Pau entered the picture midway. :man1:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am

OX1947 wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:

While the Celtics are indeed an exception, yes, I mean how Miami in 2010 had to figure it out.

I'm not saying we won't win the title (actually, I honestly think we will), but it usually takes some time for a team to reach its potential.

Also, I do think we might win 60 games, but the 65 win mark its pretty elite, while I wouldn't say I'd
be completely surprised by reaching it, it is a great accomplishment, and most definitely, not something to be embarrased about if its not reached.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Barnstable on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 am

Guys please, lets keep this thread on topic.

I would like to see the doom from each team in the league over Dwight. I might try to post that later tonight.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 am

Barnstable wrote:Guys please, lets keep this thread on topic.

I would like to see the doom from each team in the league over Dwight. I might try to post that later tonight.

With the few exceptions, the doom is actually different on this one then when Gasol was traded here. The doom with Gasol was obvious and out front. Everyone was pissed and outraged. The doom on Howard is, everyone is trying to tell themselves that the Lakers will need "time" or "Howard might not start the season". Crap they have no clue about and are trying to make it up to justify their fear that this Laker team, barring injuries, is going to roll over the entire league for at least the next 3 years.
OX1947

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 am

sometimes fear is the ultimate silencer
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion