Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby BicepKiss on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Scnottaken wrote:Can we get this started back up to cap off a good day?

If Phil is hired it, business will be booming in this thread.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah ... there will be a lot of scurred fools here arguing that Phils is not going to play Nash properly and so forth...
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 am

BicepKiss wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:Can we get this started back up to cap off a good day?

If Phil is hired it, business will be booming in this thread.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby purp n gold on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am

Are you kidding? The Doom already started... look no further than:

Bill Simmons @sportsguy33

I'd love to see the Lakers hire Mike Dunleavy - he makes a lot of sense for them. My second choice: Bobby Valentine.

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

You know who makes a ton of sense as the next Lakers coach? Isiah Thomas.

https://twitter.com/sportsguy33

This Week 10 picks column is dedicated to the immortal Mike Brown, the only person who ever figured out a way to stop LeBron James and someone on whom I was counting to screw up the 2012-13 Lakers season. If you noticed, I rarely if ever made Mike Brown jokes in columns or podcasts or even on TV — I was hoping he'd hang around for years and years and years, almost like the coaching version of an STD. Mike Brown was the kind of guy who shrugged off halftime adjustments and thought it would be smart to have Steve Nash run the Princeton offense — which is something you run when you have future lawyers and doctors running your team, not someone who's one of the smartest offensive point guards of all time. The Mike Brown era was like planting my own personal mole into every Lakers season. As an avowed Laker hater, this is a tough day. I'm not gonna lie.

R.I.P., the Mike Brown Lakers era. May we reach those same beautiful heights again someday soon. And on that note, let's bounce back with some Week 10 NFL winners.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8611122/picking-mike-brown

He also planted a weird seed with the Pau for Josh Smith talk on TV.

I love him as a writer, I actually think he makes for a good read for a Laker fan. His trolling is feeble and it's hilarious
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby borri on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 am

^^^

LOL love everything that Smeltic lover writes.
borri

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 pm

purp n gold wrote:Are you kidding? The Doom already started... look no further than:

Bill Simmons @sportsguy33

I'd love to see the Lakers hire Mike Dunleavy - he makes a lot of sense for them. My second choice: Bobby Valentine.

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

You know who makes a ton of sense as the next Lakers coach? Isiah Thomas.

https://twitter.com/sportsguy33

[quote]This Week 10 picks column is dedicated to the immortal Mike Brown, the only person who ever figured out a way to stop LeBron James and someone on whom I was counting to screw up the 2012-13 Lakers season. If you noticed, I rarely if ever made Mike Brown jokes in columns or podcasts or even on TV — I was hoping he'd hang around for years and years and years, almost like the coaching version of an STD. Mike Brown was the kind of guy who shrugged off halftime adjustments and thought it would be smart to have Steve Nash run the Princeton offense — which is something you run when you have future lawyers and doctors running your team, not someone who's one of the smartest offensive point guards of all time. The Mike Brown era was like planting my own personal mole into every Lakers season. As an avowed Laker hater, this is a tough day. I'm not gonna lie.

R.I.P., the Mike Brown Lakers era. May we reach those same beautiful heights again someday soon. And on that note, let's bounce back with some Week 10 NFL winners.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8611122/picking-mike-brown

He also planted a weird seed with the Pau for Josh Smith talk on TV.

I love him as a writer, I actually think he makes for a good read for a Laker fan. His trolling is feeble and it's hilarious[/quote]

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: Simmons is a funny dude. (Sorry I messed up the quote structure above, Purp. Only the laughing faces are mine.) We would have had very little Doom this year with Potato Clown here all season.
LTLakerFan

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm

SOMEONE IS AFRAID OF THE ZEN MASTER :man1:

LeBron James played under Mike Brown for several seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers and was surprised by his sudden firing as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers after a 1-4 start.

"I think it's unfortunate," James said Friday. "I just don't think he got a fair shake, honestly. With the shortened season last year, and five games into this year, he didn't really get a full season."

James was publicly silent about the fate of Brown after the Cavaliers were eliminated in the 2010 NBA Playoffs.

"I've got a lot to say, but I'm not going to say it right now," said James. "I wish him the best, but I just think it's unfortunate and it's just, you know, how the league is. They can do what they want to do."

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 pm

GTFO with that LeBron. You had no love for him either by the time you decided to leave. Hypocrite to even say it. Of course he had to be PC.
LTLakerFan

Postby Legendary on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm

I know 95.8% of Lakers fans are none too pleased with the D'Antoni acquisition...but what do the Suns faithful think about all of this?

If the freaking Lakers win a championship with S.N. as their point guard and D'Antoni as their coach - I would quit.

**** em.

They're literally stealing our history from us.

This is a formidable team for D'Ant to play with.

Or rather, one for Nash to play with.

It's difficult not to see this as a sequel or extension to the 05-07 Suns team - my favorite team to watch in all of sports history. I may get chased out for saying this but I'm excited to see them play and look forward to pulling for them in the playoffs.

D'Antoni has never had a player that is as amazing as Dwight Howard on defense. I wonder what Dwight's role will be in D'Antoni's system.

It is very difficult for me to pull for the Lakers, so I don't know if I can do that (I wish it were happening in the east) but with the state of our current team it's not like we are going to be competitive anyway, so at least that coincides and doesn't really make the Nash/D'Antoni Lakers a threat to the Suns chances at a ring.

D'Antoni and Nash together is enjoyable basketball to watch, so I'm going to enjoy it if Nash can get and stay healthy.

Of course it sucks my least favorite player in the league is Kobe. Kobe and Nash together is just still too weird.

I hope it fails miserably. I don't care if either Mike or Nash gets a ring, unless it is with PHX.

Yup. I agree, my quality of life goes down everytime the lakers wins the championship. Sorry Steve

any other team, yes I can understand some Suns fans supporting them.. but lakers??

its like cheering for that guy who always brag in front of you, cusses at you, picks on you when your down, willing to sleep with your girlfriend at any given opportunities, c*** block you at every opportunity, even grabbing his crouch to insult you on a daily basis.... basically its like cheering for your worst enemy...

Half my dislike for the fLakers is their pompous fan base.

D'Antoni can **** himself. So can the mangly-haired douche and anyone who even comes close to rooting for those maniacally evil pieces of ****.

I hope they crash and burn with these two, and I hope that their fans suffer cruel, disgusting, empty, drama-filled, impotent, championship-less fates during this upcoming run and beyond. I'd hope the same regardless.

I am an old F-er. Any Suns fan that lived through 'Showtime' has had their seasons trampled with regularity. Then to follow up with a Kobe/Shaq run?

Call it a grudge....but they could trot out 5 GD Mother Theresa's and I'd still cheer against them with the same animosity.

I mentioned in another thread that I had a warm spot for the Lakers going back to the days of Elgin Baylor and Jerry West.

The Lakers hired the No-D (that's for Defense or Developing young players) to coach for four years? Because when his Daddy, Jelly Bean Bryant, played in Italy, Cobe liked D'Antoni as a player? I know, he's there to make Steve Nash relevant.

The warm spot has chilled. Beat L.A.!

Interesting that they passed on Jackson to sign D'Antoni. I guess Jackson was too demanding. I think this is a good fit for them. You have a defensive anchor in Howard, something the Suns never had. And you have a guard other than Nash who can create his own shot in Kobe, something the Suns only had for a year in JJ. Kobe also gives D'Antoni another playmaker. Again, something the Suns never had under D'Antoni. And now you have a coach that will simply let the players play and let the PG run the show.

The Suns best D'Antoni team was 2004-05 and the management only gave them one year to win a title before the slow process of deconstruction begun. This Lakers team is even more talented and I'm guessing their current core will get more than one year to win a title.

Howard is going to get benched if he can't start hitting 3's

DAntoni lucks into a situation in which the players on the court are probably better coaches than he is. He won't mess it up as much as Brown because he trusts Nash and Kobe alot. DAntoni works well with vet players. He never coaches defense, but has some talented players defensively so that will probably work out OK.

If Mike doesn't overplay his vets, he could win a championship.

Congratulations to Mike D'Antoni. I think he will be a great fit in LA, sadly, considering the draft picks the Suns received from the Lakers. He will open the throttle and let their players do what they do best.

I am not a D'Antoni fan, but let's be honest- in Phoenix, he really didn't have much to work with when it came to defense and/or rebounding. He is not going to become a defensive coach, that's for sure, but there is a big difference between having Amare as your Center and having Dwight Howard as your Center.

I don't know how this will play out, so I am limiting my predictions to the fact that Dwight Howard will still be a great defensive player/ rebounder even with Mike D'Antoni coaching the team.

The Suns got to the Western Conference finals with no one close to the talent of Kobe and Howard on that team.

Playoffs who knows, but this is going to look like a really impressive team by January.

No doubt DA does not come close to walking on water but he knows how to let good players play their style of game. It seemed like NY never could get the right mix of players. In LA, DA has a good core of players to work with from the start although he may need to add another shooter. I think DA is a player's coach and this will help him succeed in LA as much as anything.

A reasonable prediction would be him wearing out his welcome in L.A. as he did in Phx and N.Y. Especially with, as previously posted, the players being better coaches than he. Which means that for the Lakers to win it all, it would have to be in spite of D'Antoni.

Some of you guys really don't give D'Antoni enough credit. He has his issues, that's for sure, but having Howard in the middle is much different than having Amare in the middle when it comes to defense.

Offensively, D'Antoni teams would get in a lot of trouble when the other team would pressure Nash, especially late in some playoff games. Suns didn't have Kobe Bryant on the perimeter or Dwight and Pau down low.

Not saying this is going to work, but comparing the current Lakers to the old Suns just doesn't make any sense. The two teams are much different.

DAntoni doesnt have to coach to be successful with that roster in LA. All he has to do is roll the ball out there and let the players play. He has three of the highest IQ players in the league in Kobe, Nash, and Gasol. He has maybe the most physically intimidating player in the league in Howard. That team is a good defensive team because it has good defensive players (save Nash). They arent going to quit playing D just because DAntoni is the coach.

Mike Brown got fired because he tried to implement a system. Here is what we do know. DAntoni love to play vet players. He has great vet players. DAntoni trusts Steve Nash. He has Steve Nash. Gotta believe, based on his history, that he trusts Kobe. He has Kobe.

I believe he will succeed.

If Kobe has enough gas in the tank and if Howard comes all the way around to his pre-injury game, Mike will take this team to a championship. If Kobe and Dwight don't bounce back, no coach on this planet could get them to the finals.
Legendary

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:31 pm

^^^
they sound more optimistic than we do LOL
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:^^^they sound more optimistic than we do LOL

Could they know something we don't?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm

gcclaker wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:^^^they sound more optimistic than we do LOL

Could they know something we don't?

right?

we're here fearing failure while they're there fearing our success

i think imma sign up at their forum...they actually cheered me up
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 pm

This thread just doesn't feel the same way it used to.
kray28

Postby Sean on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm

kray28 wrote:This thread just doesn't feel the same way it used to.

lol! :man10:
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby Legendary on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 am

While our Lakers go through this "transitional period," how 'bout we explore a bit of Heat DOOM, courtesy of that team across the hall. Oh, and it appears Wade is quite the fan favorite these days...

This is a loss

It's Lebron and a bunch of tito's

Wade didn't just let a 6'1 dude block him right?

Embarrassed for Wade

i feel embarrassed for wade. guys like tony allen,avery bradley and bledsoe always find a way to make him look old and then he starts trying to force things and we all suffer for it.

why does crawford always do this funky peruvian capoeira dance before he decides to shoot? is it some sort of voodoo ritual that helps him kill the heat?

lol they're ripping the **** out of the lakers org.

Wade loses butler with a screen

Gives up wide open three

I'm turning this **** off

lol at wade quite possibly the laziest player ive seen since vince carter circa 2004

he just doesnt care about anything anymore

*Blowout Warning* *Blowout Warning*

This is usually where we give in and let the opponent bury us. Hopefully we show some heart

Good GOD bosh.. My MOM can make that..

When is D-Wade going to start playing like a superstar? Kobe shouldn't even be considered the best SG in the league anymore, but Wade is too lazy to do anything about it because he's too busy piggybacking on LBJ to do all the major work for the Heat.

Wade is so washed up.

****ing demoralizing.

Never thought I'd see Wade go 6 points through 3 quarters.
Damn.

Heat about to get blown out for 3rd time in 9 games, wtf

At this point, i wouldn't consider Wade a superstar. He's now a star just like Chris Bosh.

**** you, Wade!

Look at Wade, you dont even contest the shot and then you let the guy get his own rebound. He's really playing like a scrub tonight

F*** Wade. I've been hating to watch him play since the end of last year. Just being real, he's f***ing lazy.

Wade is being a piece of ****. didn't contest the jumper and lazily watched the rebound. I sometimes hate watching Wade in the regular season, what a goon to be playing next to this much talent and just punk out like this.

If Wade's isn't going to bring it every night, then play Terrel Harris. That possession with Bledsoe was pathetic. Dude let him waltz right to the rim for his rebound.

ROFL wade i think hes trolling at this point theres no way someone can just not give these much sh**s

Kobe would have taken that 3-pointer and probably would have made it too because he spent countless times in the gym unlike Wade.

Game over, Spo is too dumb to adjust, Bosh is playing scared, and wade is a negative right now. This is pretty embarrassing...

Clippers second units beats Miami first units,this team is a joke!

Let's fastforward a year from now. If you're LeBron do you resign here knowing this is the type of effort you have to look forward to from your running man? There's a reason Cleveland won 66 games, and it's not solely because of LeBron, their role players showed up on a nightly basis and COMPETED. Somebody needs to call Wade out, it's like he doesnt even care. Yet I guarantee he'll be laughing it up slapping Chris Paul's a** after the game

turned it off right as allen missed the free throw not our night boys. see you all tommorow for what should be a guaranteed loss

I wonder if they realized nobody is afraid of them yet?

Wade playing bored, Bosh looked like he got high before the game.

Tough to beat a good team like the Clippers when 2 of the 3 are off.

At this point we should just hack Turiaf till the end of the game

why the f**k are wade and bosh smiling on the bench? they should be embarrassed

DENVER NEXT? Oh god.... just no.... automatic loss right there.

When Howard and Gasol start bully our small Frontcourt, then maybe Riley and Spo will finally get the memo that we need to have a much bigger starting five and play bigger.

Almost all the potential West contenders will have size advantage against us, but he probably thinks that Small-ball will work against every teams as if all the championship contending teams in the West plays like the OKC Thunder. He needs a wake up call and when the Lakers Frontcourt bully ours, then maybe that will bruise his ego to finally get another big to help out Bosh on the defensive end.

Are people actually saying they thought Wade was better than Lebron? Never in Wade's career was he better than Lebron. Ever.

He had better teammates yes. But indvidually he never came close to Lebron.

And Tonight was no different....He doesnt even care anymore, 6 points 5 turnovers. go away wade.

Disgusting game to watch, I just hate this team. For all the talent they have, their effort and girly attitude makes more than up for it. I miss guys like Zo or Wade in his earlier days, who, even when they didn't have it going, were intense and had a will to win. Our entire culture seems to have changed from being hustle-and-grit and tough teams to a bunch of primadonnas. LeBron is the only one I enjoyed watching tonight.

Speaking of Wade though, it's funny how people tear down his past just because he's playing garbage basketball now. That's the kind of reasoning which questions your intelligence, as his play in the past has nothing to do with his current effort. He was very well in the discussion for best in the league, it's ignorant to question it now. Some really don't make a secret out of not fully rooting for the entire Heat team, but just rooting for certain players while tearing others apart. This Heat "fanbase" has become as much of a joke as this team has.

GD night guys.. going to FAP off to some porn..
Legendary

Postby kenzo on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 am

:jam2: Wade realy played like a scrub :man9:
kenzo

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:03 am

That was nice
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 am

It lifted my spirits, but then dashed them once I remembered who they played. Having a worse record than the JV squad because of the potato. . .
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

LOL.... Man, I didn't even know the Heat weren't undefeated cause there is nothing negative said about them on ESPN whenever I turn it on. Heck, last night I saw some folks posting about the game but no one posted a score so I jumped on Espn and saw this headline, "Lebron to much to handle for the CLippers" of course I was like :man3: because the post in NBAD was that the Clips were winning. Then I looked at the score under that headline: Clipper 94- Heat 76. Now I had another :man3:

In any case, Heat Doom is always good for the soul.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 am

Let's fastforward a year from now. If you're LeBron do you resign here knowing this is the type of effort you have to look forward to from your running man?
:man1: :man1: :man1:

When Howard and Gasol start bully our small Frontcourt, then maybe Riley and Spo will finally get the memo that we need to have a much bigger starting five and play bigger.
:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am

even though its Heat doom, isn't that also a bad sign for us? Clipps are way better then I thought, they spanked SA and Mia thus far while we were close to SA given the circumstances, its still a loss and I'm not sure we would have that same success against Mia even with MDA now as HC.
khmrP

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am

We'll see once our guys finally figure it out with the new coach. No reason to speculate right now. We'll be good.... and the Clippers are very good too, no question. But, as most of us say -- they are the Clippers. They will probably find a way to lose in the playoffs.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

didn't really enjoy that too much because it came from a win by the tenants
pound4pound1

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

khmrP wrote:even though its Heat doom, isn't that also a bad sign for us? Clipps are way better then I thought, they spanked SA and Mia thus far while we were close to SA given the circumstances, its still a loss and I'm not sure we would have that same success against Mia even with MDA now as HC.

Not too worried yet. I think the Clips are fools gold. They certainly are deep but I think the Clips were a match up nightmare for both SA and Miami. We'll see though. I think the Lakers match up better and can certainly beat them.

When we were 0-3 the Lakers played them tough ... outrebounded the Clips, shot 50% against their defense, held them to low 40s. What killed the Lakers was turnovers ... 20 of them. The Clippers got an extra 16 shots ... I don't know how many from turnovers but a team can't win with that many turnovers.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Let's get some PHX doom shall we? :man9:
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion