Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 am

Guys we got a TON of calls our way in this last game...

Seriously a lot of really favorable calls, especially offensively. I don't have any problem admitting that. There will be games when the opposite happens.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:42 am

^^ I don't agree. I think we may have gotten away with some contact on D (dwight contesting shots and others) but that's it. Don't remember any blatant bad calls, especially on offense.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

I also don't agree we got away with a ton of calls. The officials werent as horrible as usual but they let a lot go in the paint. Heck the big white dude set moving screens all game long. We got some contact and they got some contact. I honestly didn't pay attention to the refs too much this game.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby nameant on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 am

therealdeal wrote:Guys we got a TON of calls our way in this last game...

Seriously a lot of really favorable calls, especially offensively. I don't have any problem admitting that. There will be games when the opposite happens.

No surprise. Us in the playoffs brings the NBA a lot more money than the Jazz being in the playoffs. Even the most biased Lakers fan can admit that.
nameant

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

it's gonna balance out tonight when we get zero calls in Portland
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 am

pound4pound1 wrote:

it's gonna balance out tonight when we get zero calls in Portland

Probably.

I'm talking about fouls on jump shots. We got a lot of those our way last night and if you watch the game you can see some very obvious ones.

Dwight defensively I don't know that he got away with much. He was called for 5 fouls and it was a huge reason he wasn't a big part of the game. I'm talking about us getting free throws. Heck Kobe actually complained enough to get a call. It was the RIGHT call, but when does that happen? I've never seen a player throw a tantrum and get rewarded besides Chris Paul. We got some nice whistles for us. I don't have any problem saying so.

Like you said, tonight we're probably going to get the tar beat out of us and we won't see half the whistles we deserve.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 am

Umm what game were they watching? Honestly, I do not get how we got "a ton of favorable calls"....I didnt see a SINGLE FAVORABLE CALL all game. Somebody please put together a "video" of calls that we got for this game...cuz I didn't see any. How are they gonna blame the refs? DId the refs let Kobe go for 23 points in the 4th quarter? Did they make Kobe's 3's or his ridiculous fadeaways? I will never buy the refs excuse (and this goes for the Lakers too, we don't win OR lose because of refs).

I'm getting sick and tired of the "League needs Lakers to make the playoffs excuse"...how about the Jazz jsut take care of business and then there's no talk of Lakers making the playoffs? Ever think of that idiots?

WHen the Lakers lose...its because we suck...and when we win, the refs helped us. The double standard is really getting on my nerves. If the league wanted the Lakers in the playoffs...they woulda started giving us calls back in January when they "allowed us" to fall to 17-25. I can see people's view points if the Lakers were a top seeded team and this were the playoffs....but we're an 8th seed barely hanging onto the last spot...how in the hell is any of this justified? There were NO favorable calls last night. Absolutely none. New Orleans had a chance to blow this game wide open in the 3rd and instead, they took really bad shots and let us back in. Simple as that.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Umm what game were they watching? Honestly, I do not get how we got "a ton of favorable calls"....I didnt see a SINGLE FAVORABLE CALL all game. Somebody please put together a "video" of calls that we got for this game...cuz I didn't see any.

:man10:

Someone needs to calm the f*** down.

Why don't you watch the game again instead of getting all worked up? I gave you an example, no one has provided me with any sort of examples of NON favorable calls. Besides, I don't have the time or resources to make a video of the favorable calls.

I never said the NBA needs the Lakers to make the playoffs, although the benefits of it are obvious. I said that in THIS game I saw the Lakers get some calls go their way. It's called home court advantage in a lot of places.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Umm what game were they watching? Honestly, I do not get how we got "a ton of favorable calls"....I didnt see a SINGLE FAVORABLE CALL all game. Somebody please put together a "video" of calls that we got for this game...cuz I didn't see any.

Why don't you watch the game again instead of getting all worked up? I gave you an example, no one has provided me with any sort of examples of NON favorable calls. Besides, I don't have the time or resources to make a video of the favorable calls.

I never said the NBA needs the Lakers to make the playoffs, although the benefits of it are obvious. I said that in THIS game I saw the Lakers get some calls go their way. It's called home court advantage in a lot of places.

While I agree that the Lakers got quite a few shooting fouls they usually don't get, they're still the right call. The one many people mention, the one where Kobe was grabbed on the arm, seemed fishy only because of the late whistle. The late whistle, however, is because the refs wait to see if the shot goes in before they make a call.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Lol my bad I wasn't actually directing this at you....it was more to the general crowd that says the Lakers get calls and that's why they win. I shuldn't have quoted what you said cuz then it made it seem like my whole tirade was directed at you, when it wasn't. Sorry real, u know I keep it real with you :jam2:
FabFourLakers

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

But aren't those the calls we would normally get? This season it seems we haven't gotten favorable calls other than a few games here and there. The free throw attempts are misleading as well since there have been a lot of games where they play Hack-a-Howard. I dunno i just think we're finally getting the breaks the refs weren't giving us all year.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:22 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Lol my bad I wasn't actually directing this at you....it was more to the general crowd that says the Lakers get calls and that's why they win. I shuldn't have quoted what you said cuz then it made it seem like my whole tirade was directed at you, when it wasn't. Sorry real, u know I keep it real with you :jam2:

No big deal, bud. :beer:

I'm with you on conspiracy theories though. I think it's hilarious people still think we're getting a ton of help from the refs when we're fighting for the 8th seed for goodness' sake. :man10:

Some help...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Umm what game were they watching? Honestly, I do not get how we got "a ton of favorable calls"....I didnt see a SINGLE FAVORABLE CALL all game.

Only 8 more months until Christmas and you know Santa's an NBA honk but sticks to his principles. With the old white bearded guy probably checking out CL from the pole (what the hell else would you do with only midgets and deer around?) ......you really want to go on record with that? :man12: :beer:
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

THIS will be fun. F the blazer fans.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Let me see that doom, doom, doom...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

:man1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm

maybe I haven't notice over the years but when did Por become so pathetic as to allow Laker fans to take over their stadium?
khmrP

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

This will be epic.

It's 7AM here. I'm not going to sleep without my doom.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby LakeShow09 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

This Portland fan is not impressed with Kobe's night:

Less impressive considering how much ref help he got and that he only played against 2 actual nba players today. He wasn't even bothering to guard his man.
LakeShow09

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm

I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:This Portland fan is not impressed with Kobe's night:

Less impressive considering how much ref help he got and that he only played against 2 actual nba players today. He wasn't even bothering to guard his man.

But if they would have gotten the best of him I bet he would have been singing the praises of these non-actual NBA players in a heartbeat. They are so bitter.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Legendary on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Oh snap! Portland fans....

Pre-Game:

Beat LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

I look forward to the day that chant no longer gets any recs because that would mean the Lakers have become irrelevant anywhere except the Lottery.

If they're in the lottery 50 years, and move to Calgary, I’ll still chant it. I’ll still hate the Lakers.

Tonight's drinking game:
Whenever Dwight misses a free throw, you gotta drink!

Is this going to be as painful as I fear? I may need meds.

Don't worry guys, we got support from the other 28 teams. We got this.

Blazers strategy should just be "run!", Lakers are old and tired from last night
Blazers are younger and havent played in a few days

whiskey. it's necessary.

ATTENTION ALL THOSE AT ROSE GARDEN
if there are any “MVP” chants for Flobe, and you feel compelled to soak the chanters with a beverage, I will reimburse you the cost of said beverage and do your jail time. Steak dinner if the chanter is wearing a l@ker jersey

It's time to end this 8 game losing streak. I can think of no other team I’d like to end it to.

This is the last game of the season that I really, really want to win.
Draft slot be damned.

I'll just say it right now...THESE REFS SUCK! THE LEAGUE IS RIGGED! because in 3 hours I’m going to be too mad to type. Unless we win, then never mind.

Our only advantages are the Lakers played last night, and its the Rose Garden

Gametime:

it's a great day to be a blazer

Well....this game should be something.

We could win, or it could be a franchise record loss.

We can only complain about refs if it's a bad call, I vote!

Every call that goes against us is a bad call!

they really gonna call that garbage?

Please beat the living daylights out of the Lakers.

Too many Laker fans...disgusting

I got pissed.

Kobe getting his nationwide home cooking

Wow the Lakers look a little shocked.

FINISH THEM!

this is the best basketball ive seen us play all season i think possibly offensively

How do you spell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt-WOOOOOOOOT!!!!"?

Just like what you did there.
Only more exclamation points.

We're up by ten, and it feels like the officials have already kept it this close. Yes, I’m complaining already.

we're just lucky they called that goal tend on D Howard that’s them trying to be fair to us

MVP chants for kobe?
sick

I'm content with just hitting kobe in the face

i dont remember this many LA fans in past seasons at the RG
this year it has been ridiculous

and the Lakers aren't even good

a bit more red and black in the crowd would have been a welcomed sight

We got to stop letting southern Californians move to Oregon

I don't know, watching them all file sadly out of the Rose Garden never gets old.

5 vs 8 again.
So predictable david stern.

I have to resist making cracks about the refs on every possession

Wow.
Everything is going our way, minus the refs of course.

WOW R U KIDDING ME!!!
This is great. Easily one of the best qtrs of the season.

yo Blazers step on their throats please.
<3 basketball fans from everywhere

Dame sits when Kobe sits.

Which is probably never. Kobe is going to play 48 mins tonight.

PURPLE AND GOLD MAKES ME SICK
All those cheers for the Lakers in the RG is making me livid

There's the chant!
Beat LA! Beat LA!

what were they chanting?

it was weird
like mvp and beat la over the top of each other

I say if Lakers are going to get a bunch of calls and kobe is this hot we should just get very physical with him, every guy should be putting elbows on him as he runs by.

I miss the part of the game when we were hot.

LILLARD vs KOBE!
AINT NO THING BUT A CHICKEN WING!!

This game is ruining my manufactured "Kobe's ballhoggery hurts his team" narrative.

He's the only thing keeping them in the game.

yeah, he's been pretty unreal for them. Also Dwight’s four open dunks are helpful.

there's something magical about playing the Lakers at home.

We are playing out of our minds right now!!

Blazers hanging tough,
awesome.
Lakers postseason in balance ?

The boys have to be superheroes tonight for sure.
Millions on the line for NBA.

Remarkably, the FT differential is even.
Bryant has all the Lakers’ free throws. Blazers have ten as well.

just forfeit the rest of the games this is the last one that matters. give it your all and you can start summer early

Ok, time to strike bargains with whatever deities you worship.
Give the Blazers this win, and I will stop being “that guy” who tells everybody to watch Breaking Bad.

KEEP RUNNING
All right boys keep running these old guys for the second half and play some defense and we should get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

which is knocking these guys out of the playoffs
aka pot of gold

YES SIR

Flobe played 24 minutes
I hope it catches up with them

this is the norm for him apparently
i dont get how he’s stil doing this

la broadcast playing a KD highlight reel on their halftime show
lol

...it’s cause they know he’ll end up there eventually

bet utah fans are happy at this moment hahaha

Forgot Dwight magically turns into Mark Price against us.

I'm about to break something.
Pathetic defense all season long.

HERE WE GO
Same old story I just hope they can answer back and bring some of that swag from the first half or it’s gonna be a long second half

argh kobe

I miss the first half Lakers

collapse

Kobe has just been taking Barton's lunch money

refs making sure it's a kobe night to remember

I don’t think I’ve ever seen more obvious rigging

they want the L*kers in the playoffs baaad

I hate how many Laker fans are at the game

any time a laker complains about a call a starving child dies

Blake rallying the troops. leadership personified.

It's nice to see that Kobe cares so much about winning in the Rose Garden.
He probably wants to beat the Blazers tonight more than he wants the Lakers to make the playoffs.

Damian is operating at a different level right now, apart from everyone but Kobe.

nooooo
Kobe can’t miss =/

Kobe is willing himself into the playoffs

Babbitt is like "Lakers, you aint gonna make the playoffs!"

Good move there by Artest.

Don't say that too often, but yeah it was haha

Send Meta World Peace to North Korea

They'd embrace him.
Finally, someone just as crazy as us.

Has Kobe sat at all?

He doesn’t sit anymore

The look on kobe's face if we win tonight.
Priceless.

Oh, the patented "Kobe careens into the lane and throws up a shot" play.
It has worked all night—why stop now?

It's worked for 14 years

How is that not a foul?

It's really hard to type up a recap while yelling.

Gasol posting up on Babbitt is scary

20-13 fouls

are we shocked? No. You would think we would get some home cooking...but not when the Lakers need to make the playoffs

I didn’t even expect to be in the game. The Lakers really do have a bad team this year. REALLY BAD. Also, they are old and are on the 2nd night of a back to back..so there is that.
GO UTAH!!!

mvp chants for kobe?
smh

shouldn't be letting Faker fans in the Rose garden!

Shut up Laker fans.

bryant with a new RG record for points by an opponent

ouch

yeah Kobe you are the man you schooled Pav—big friggin deal, he sucks and you suck

It's always cute how the Laker fans they show in the audience of Blazer games, always look SO douchey without fail

There is an entire section at the garden just for Faker fans?
Seriously this should NOT be happening!

WHy are the Blazers walking the ball up the court against an old team on the road on a back-to-back?

I'm scared now...

hate Blake so much today! Who's with me?

This looks like the end...

OVER

Screw this.

$##$%$#$@@####@@$^&&$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

Well, Dwight might miss...

doesn't matter
steve blake will rebound

It's not that the refs want the Lakers to win
We are helping them.

There is still some hope. some.

Nevermind.

really? Steve blake is going to beat us? On offensive rebounds? This is a strange game.

four letter word repeated multiple times.

Love? :-3

"the rebouning ability of blake saves the day again"
god i hate it, i hate it, i hate it

Somehow turned steve Blake into bill Walton

Can we overcome all the free points the refs gave Kobe in the 1st?

I can't remember a team I disliked more than this iteration of the Lakers

Worried there's going to be a riot there after the game.

wow mvp chant for kobe
pretty damn disgusting considering this is portland…

Really? MVP chants. Ugh.

Weird game with fun moments but ended sad
Now, MVP chants in the Rose Garden. Oh goodness.

will the Blazers win another game the rest of the season?

Hatred for the Lakers is at an all time high

MVP...
that one time 5 years ago

u mad, bro?

These MVP chants are going to cause some fights after the game.

Keep slurping it up faker fans. You know you like it.

my friends are going to give me crap over this...

what i can't stand is our players congradulating Kobe and the Fakers after the game!

Way to make it look like Staples Center this night.
Legendary

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:This Portland fan is not impressed with Kobe's night:

Ref help?
Again, these people just see what they wanna see. He was agressive all game and got the right calls, not too many nor too few. I mean, wtf, do people just read that he shot 18 FTs and go "oh, here are the refs at it again, blowing Kobe and the Lakers and making sure they make the playoffs"..
I hope the Blazer doom isn't full of complaining about refs because there was NO favoritism in this game, we actually had a bunch of calls go against us, a couple of bad ones, a missed T (on Aldridge, for doing more than what Blake did to earn a T), and a couple of make up calls right after a call in our favor. Spare me the BS.
Finwë

Postby boquilla on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
boquilla

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion