Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby Questionmark on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 am

I would rather have Hibbert over Howard. Imagine if Hibbert was on this team last year instead of Dwight. HUGE difference in the win column
ImageImage
Questionmark

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:17 am

Questionmark wrote:I would rather have Hibbert over Howard. Imagine if Hibbert was on this team last year instead of Dwight. HUGE difference in the win column

Hibbert has no entitlement issues since he worked to improve his post game, is equally if not better at rim protecting, has a healthier outlook and can score on the low block with a smooth touch. Let's not forget he can hit at a decent clip at the charity stripe from what I've seen. Haven't heard of a Hack-A-Roy strategy.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:18 am

Hibbert is not a great scorer, but he doesn't pretend to be one. On defense though.... besides being a beast in size, he's a really smart defender, does not tend to get in foul trouble, knows how to get in good defensive position (and keep verticallity), he tries to keep the possesion instead of sending the ball to the third row and knows that he doesn't actually have to go for the block ALWAYS.

He's been really impressive since the 2nd half of last season aprox.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:20 am

I'd rather have Marc Gasol back.

The Gasol brothers at 4/5 would be fun.

Lowry
Kobe
Melo
Pau
Marc

:man1:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 am

borri wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:What were they upset with Lin about?

Supposedly, Lin was supposed to switch onto Blake for that last Laker shot. Little did they know and if you watch the replay carefully....old wiley vet nash bear hugged Lin. Literally wrapped him up in a hug. If this was football, flags would have flown all over the place for offensive holding of the most egregious kind.

Thank god, NBA refs swallow their whistles for things like this come late game, final shot.

Ahhh that was a sneaky move. Still though, aren't there supposed to be switches in situations like that? And LOL at Howard yelling at anyone. If he hits 2 more FT's it ain't an issue. :man10:
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 am

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Juronimo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Houston fans will tire of losing games due to Howard's inability to hit free throws. It's not like Howard is Shaq with his level of dominance that you can put up with bricking fts.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Rocket fans already have a 30+ thread about Dwight wanting Jeremy Lin gone :man10:

And so it begins..... :man10:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=246362
Last edited by CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Juronimo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:Rocket fans already have a 30+ thread about Dwight wanting Jeremy Lin gone :man10:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.ph ... 62&page=33

you need to put the
Code: Select all
[url]link[/url]
tags around a link or it might get truncated.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=246362&page=33
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Hibbert is not a great scorer, but he doesn't pretend to be one. On defense though.... besides being a beast in size, he's a really smart defender, does not tend to get in foul trouble, knows how to get in good defensive position (and keep verticallity), he tries to keep the possesion instead of sending the ball to the third row and knows that he doesn't actually have to go for the block ALWAYS.

He's been really impressive since the 2nd half of last season aprox.

Agreed which is why he is a better alternative than Howard. In a pinch, Hibbert can score over any center with a better touch and is not a bull in a china shop like Howard is.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Juronimo wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:Rocket fans already have a 30+ thread about Dwight wanting Jeremy Lin gone :man10:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.ph ... 62&page=33

you need to put the
Code: Select all
[url]link[/url]
tags around a link or it might get truncated.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=246362&page=33

Lin had to have told Clown that he was held and not screened on Blake's shot. Supposedly that is what Clown was jawing to him about. But he kept on freaking jawing at him. For what at that point. And Harden. Watch it bros before someone maybe starts throwing some kind of card around. He certainly seems to be their whipping boy now. Yeah chemistry is already being affected. Anyone catch Dwight's dance routine with them in the huddle? He's like now at the stage where LeBron was in Cleveland. I don't know I think Lin always plays pretty well when I watch him.

If they run him off can't wait for the boos to rain down next time in China, and immediately incurred wrath in social and commercial areas from that long woo'd fan base. Howard is truly a bleep hole. To go at Lin that hard for something not his fault and when Howard's lack of skills (free throws that particular game) is what clearly lost the game for them.
LTLakerFan

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

it makes me so happy
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:

it makes me so happy

OMG!! It's true?? I just went there and can't believe he is already starting the crap. But this is wonderful. Really it is if you hate him for how he acts and affects a team. The fans will see what we all saw and start getting into his BLEEP right away. PERFECT!! I have to visit that thread frequently now.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I hope someone in the NBA section in the Coward thread re-titles it for that page something about Dwight cancer starts early in Houston. And leave it there for a long time so we have a point of reference for the start of this enjoyment. If he is now this egotistical and clueless and skill less he will become one of the NBA's most hated players. This season. :sing: :sing: :sing:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:21 pm

It took Dwight 6 games to start blowing up that team, huh? :man10:

Oh man... Rockets fans... Oh man. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:It took Dwight 6 games to start blowing up that team, huh? :man10:

Come on... Howard wants to have some fun. Lin who likes to penetrate and finish is not a good fit for Howard. He had more success in New York with Chandler who did not demand the ball. Lin to begin with is not that instinctive of a passer both in the interior or hitting open perimeter shooters. I noticed last night when he drove there was indecision on his part which screwed up the possessions.

What Howard could use is a pass first pointman who looks to give him his lobs or draw defenses for easy bounce passes. He had that before even if it was injured most of the time. Or just throw it down to him then sit back and watch his train wreck of a repertoire of post moves.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:33 pm

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:It took Dwight 6 games to start blowing up that team, huh? :man10:

Come on... Howard wants to have some fun. Lin who likes to penetrate and finish is not a good fit for Howard. He had more success in New York with Chandler who did not demand the ball. Lin to begin with is not that instinctive of a passer both in the interior or hitting open perimeter shooters. I noticed last night when he drove there was indecision on his part which screwed up the possessions.

What Howard could use is a pass first pointman who looks to give him his lobs or draw defenses for easy bounce passes. He had that before even if it was injured most of the time. Or just throw it down to him then sit back and watch his train wreck of a repertoire of post moves.

Dwight needs Jameer Nelson. He also needs a psychiatrist to understand that no one wants to trust him with the ball if he doesn't make improvements. You can't have everything without working for it. That's stupid. It doesn't make sense.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Rambis (a hard nosed Big Man) not having Clown around to deal with vs McHale (a hard nosed Big Man) now having him for his problem = SCOREBOARD and Karma finally for Lurch's clothesline play on him. :jam2: :jam2:

Have fun Kevin!! Let's see how YOU go about saying what he really needs to hear or …. having to kiss his butt because he'll be coming for your job next if he's still not happy after playing GM with the PG situation.
LTLakerFan

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:36 pm

^Howard can't work on "skills" that he doesn't have or never had. The cherry on top is Howard's unwillingness to refine them or in denial that what he has is enough.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 pm

i'm going thru that thread and i just have to pull a Legendary and share some of their pain

I thought Howard said his job was to make everyone else's job much more easier. Come on Howard. You got them other player around you better.

Time for Dwert to STFU and own his play...he was a huge liability...and other teams are gonna feast on his bricks he throws up at the rim. Secondly, why is Dwight mad about the PG situation, when he still doesnt know how to post up...travels ten times a game by moving his pivot foot or walking out of bounds...

Who is the true PG on the team, JH. I guess he is not happy with JH

lin made lob pases all day to tyson chandler. why can't he do it with dwight?

i really hope this isn't true because that will be enough for me to be done with dwight.

when lebron lost in the finals in 2011 he didn't blame everybody else. he put that on HIMSELF. but i guess dwight doesn't have that in him.

wow, laker fans maybe right about dwights [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ways if this is true.

Hopefully Jeremy will man up and tell Dwight to grow up.

You call Dwight Howard a post player?

Oh, just a friendly reminder: this post player has no post moves. His move in the post either result in a turnover or a brick.

Harden hog the ball, no D. Howard is a big stiff on offense end and a crybaby. Those two are not gonna win you a championship.

1. The PGs are literally the least of the team's problems.

2. He didn't get along with Steve freakin' Nash and refused to run the PnR with him.

If a HOF PG and one of the, if not the greatest shooter of all time isnt good enough for him, who is?
And it's gotta be a PG that's also willing to let Harden have the ball an awful lot.

I bet Lakersground is having a field day with these threads right now.

..and the cancer symptoms begin

It wasn't beserk. Both were jawing at each other from on the court after the final whistle. Lin actually looked more aggressive and seemed to be the louder of the two.

It would be funny if Howard meant "HARDEN" and everyone is thinking it's Lin and Bev.

dwight doesn't have a killer instinct. he just doesn't have that in him. rockets fans just need to accept that from him.

Anyone hear Dwight's post game comments with Craig Sager?

Sager: "What happened on that last play when Blake got open for the three?"

Howard: "We had just talked about it (during timeout) before we got on the court, the guy just messed up on the play. It happens, we just have to come back on the next play."

The guy?

You went from "we" to the "guy"?

Throwing your guy under the bus Dwight?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:00 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I love it. :bow:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SOAD on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Sirron wrote:LA is the hotbed of plastic surgery, or so the world thinks. Also full of "actors" or fakers. It is juvenile and immature, and doesn't bother me in the least. I'd compare it to LA fans calling the Kings "Queens" ala Shaq. Or calling Howard "coward"

That's fair to use that as an insult to the city, but the reason it doesn't work is because it doesn't really apply to one of the most winning franchises in sports history. Queens is a direct insult to the team, and let's face it, it's a fair description of the franchise :man1:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

This may have already begun beforehand. I was wondering why Lin wasn't starting and that he was subbing in for Beverley instead.
charvin

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm

i gotta keep going;

welp we were warned

Anyone still have that 'Its happening!" gif when we first signed DH?

lol, this is Houston not SHangri La, this guy has a problem with something everywhere he goes.

I sat next to some idiots trying to start a wave the whole ****ing game! Asik is about to shoot freethrows and these people are doing the wave. Come on Houston wtf!

I just don't think Harden dribbling for 23 seconds wins a title.

And the honeymoon turns sour...now.

James Worthy "Stop Crying Dwight" courtesy of Laker Nation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QuYL9Qb6xZo

What's the point if he doesn't convert. He hasn't been converting much from his ugly post moves, if not turning them over.

bring in Steve Francis

So if we trade Asik does that mean we're stuck with Howard and his whining?

LOL

Dwight can't play either with good or HOF PGs, he just needs Chalmer level of PGs, as their BB IQ must compatible with each other.

tell Dwight to stop scoring for the other team, hit better FT 5-16, stop turning the ball over 4 TO and stop being a cry baby this isn't Orlando.

Freaking Serge Ibaka learned to shoot a jumper in a year, what are you waiting for?

what made anyone think the twin towers could work in the first place? Pau Gasol was the perfect compliment on paper. He has an outside game so doesnt havent to be stuck in the post. He can help out defensively with rebounding and blocks and the offensive genius that is Mike D'Antoni couldnt even get that to work at all.

But somehow this crack staff on the bench is going to make it work with Asik who is infinitely inferior to Gasol on offense? I'm not shocked it's turning into a disaster

Lin had a heavy fall.
Harden and Parsons walked away.

That's pathetic

!?!? Pretty clear if you're switching 1-5 ( which is what McHale said post game)....that became Howard's man. Pringles knows Dwight doesnt have great bball iq and play recognition, that's why he ran that play.

Tought titty. He chose this team over every other NBA team in the league knowing what our roster looked like. Get over yourself Dwight.

Dwight will be more pissed when Beverley steals a few of his rebounds.

Howard is not a post player.

Dwight goes 5/16 from the free throw line.

Thanks Lin.
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Let's see... Frank Dux gave the appetizers, Legendary comes through with the main course...now it's pound serving with the desserts.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion