Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 pm

OK was thinking about not piling on the sad town of Detroit but as others reminded me we need all the Doom we can get with our own problems, and after reading some of their first cocky posts, screw these turkeys and I will now go back and ENJOY the rest of the Doom. Thanks nluna75!
LTLakerFan

Postby nluna75 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 pm

No problem guys but the way i see it that franchise has beaten us twice in the finals so i like their DOOM!
nluna75

Postby 432J on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 pm

nluna75 wrote:No problem guys but the way i see it that franchise has beaten us twice in the finals so i like their DOOM!

yeah even though they've been pretty bad for a while now, i'll never forget 2004 so pistons doom is always welcome
432J

Postby The Rock on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Read what Cavs fans are saying about Coach Mike Brown lol oh man

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?42991-Mike-Brown/page38

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 pm

:man10: :man10: I love that they can actually say the F word in regard to Mike Potato Brown. "Sucking the life out of Kyrie Irving." (sound familiar….. Ramon Sessions looked pretty good when we first got him) and this as well……sound familiar……. "Mike is just a bad coach, not his fault. Management's fault to hire him without interviewing anyone else, with better coaches in the market." ?

And a whole bunch more I have to read. I wonder if he already bought himself a nice $4 million dollar home there as well after the hire. His family ought to kick his bleep for sucking so bad after landing good jobs.

Well the actual quotes were, "Somehow Mike Brown has managed to neutralize the most exciting young point guard in the NBA" and "He is sapping the life out of this young team".

What a crappy coach to play for. He sucks and he makes the team endure him more than most other coaches with the "all day every day" M O of his.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:25 pm

are they running the Princeton?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 pm

The Rock wrote:Read what Cavs fans are saying about Coach Mike Brown lol oh man

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?42991-Mike-Brown/page38

:man10: :man10:

Jeez... and the Cavs gave him a 5 year contract all the while still paying B.Scott. I am so glad he's not our HC anymore. I wouldn't wish Mike Brown being the coach of even my most hated team
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm

https://twitter.com/ShawnFNBA/status/401881082619887618

In a loss @Bulls, Mike Brown & Kyrie Irving got into it on the bench after Brown pulled Irving from the game. Glad to see Mike hasnt changed

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/18/kyrie-irving-vs-mike-brown-the-cleveland-cavaliers-are-in-disarray/

The Cleveland Cavaliers are off to an ugly 4-7 start, and it’d be worse if not for a 4th quarter rally and overtime win on the road against Washington Saturday night. The Cavaliers came into the season with playoff expectations, led by their budding star at point guard, Kyrie Irving, but offensively-challenged Cleveland has been an unmitigated disaster.

27th in PPG (92.5)
28th in true shooting percentage (49.2%)
29th in FG percentage (41%)
29th in offensive efficiency (92.7)

Their coach, Mike Brown, was fired in the first week of the season last year in LA, and it appears he’s struggling to provide leadership for the Cavaliers already. According to the Akron Beacon Journal, this happened after a blowout loss Wednesday to the Timberwolves:

Mike Brown entered the locker room to begin his postgame speech when Kyrie Irving interrupted and asked him to leave the room so the players could talk. Brown was happy to do so and Irving started things off.

Hes owed 5 years/$20 mil lol dang

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 am

^^^ I take back what I said on the page prior to this about his family ought to kick his bleep for relocating them after getting good jobs and then sucking so bad. Hell he's the great con man. What did he get 4 million a year too from the Lakers for 4 years and now 5 years from Cleveland????? That's $36 million freaking dollars, and they are set for life. He will get fired again and then can spend all his time with the family. That's just incredible. :man4: :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 am

Mike Brown is a genius :bow:... :freak2:
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:19 am

The Cavs will do anything to keep Kyrie!

Let's hire Mike Brown! Let's draft Bennett! Let's make 2014 all about getting LeBron back!

:man10:

Kyrie is going to leave as soon as he can.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:30 am

there must be some crazy arse stuff on those DVD's :man1:.........and whats the deal with his rep as a defensive coach? just cause he came from Pop lineage of assistant and those few years of good stats with Clev?
khmrP

Postby Juronimo on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:27 am

Wow, Mike Brown hasn't changed a bit has he?

It's the Mike Brown offense. Give it to your best player 30 feet away at the top of the key, spread the floor and let him create. First Lebron, then Kobe now Kyrie. It does not work. Very slow and predictable. Is it really too much to ask for our head coach to be able to coach both offense and defense?

if gilbert wants a shot at lebron to make $$ then i guess he will do something. or maybe we can run Kyrie iso AND LeIso. championship.

How is mike brown running practice without teaching any offense? If you are playing 5 on 5 in practice don't you have to be running some sort of offense to teach the defense where to be? If they are running ISOs with 4 guys just standing there, doesn't that just not teach anything to anyone but how to stand around?

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am

It pisses me off that he could get a deal like that. He's not a good coach. WHY does he manage to convince GMs of it and get multi-million dollar deals?
The world can be so unfair sometimes...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 am

khmrP wrote:there must be some crazy arse stuff on those DVD's :man1:.........and whats the deal with his rep as a defensive coach? just cause he came from Pop lineage of assistant and those few years of good stats with Clev?

Last I checked Cleveland was 10th in defense in the league. He's done a good job defensively.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:there must be some crazy arse stuff on those DVD's :man1:.........and whats the deal with his rep as a defensive coach? just cause he came from Pop lineage of assistant and those few years of good stats with Clev?

Last I checked Cleveland was 10th in defense in the league. He's done a good job defensively.

misleading....Brown team tends to play at a slower pace, reducing possesion thus reducing scoring. But teams are still blowing them out.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

misleading....Brown team tends to play at a slower pace, reducing possesion thus reducing scoring. But teams are still blowing them out.

Defensive stats don't adjust for wins or losses. The fact is they're still holding teams down in points scored, FG%, and turning the ball over.

All of that comes at the expense of the offense, but it doesn't change that the defense is effective. It just doesn't win games. No one said it did though.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Defensive stats don't adjust for wins or losses. The fact is they're still holding teams down in points scored, FG%, and turning the ball over.

All of that comes at the expense of the offense, but it doesn't change that the defense is effective. It just doesn't win games. No one said it did though.

I see you are a fan of Hollinger stats here.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 am

Nope. Never have and never will like Hollinger or his statistical analysis. PER is a system that I don't put much stock into.

That doesn't make what I said wrong in the slightest. Brown's defensive stats are solid. His teams play good defense. He just has no idea what offense is. If he were able to put together a half court offense, he might be a great coach. He's not.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:Nope. Never have and never will like Hollinger or his statistical analysis. PER is a system that I don't put much stock into.

That doesn't make what I said wrong in the slightest. Brown's defensive stats are solid. His teams play good defense. He just has no idea what offense is. If he were able to put together a half court offense, he might be a great coach. He's not.

so you're just gona ignore their pace then? every other team that plays within their pace has similar defensive eff. based on this almighty Hollinger defensive eff. Based on this eff. def. stat you're using, teams like Pho, Minn, Tor are all "good" defensive teams then...what you say isn't wrong, just bias towards your own opinion rather than just seeing whats being played out, I see the same defensive lapse under antoni as I do when Brown was here, this team still can't defend PnR the same they couldn't under Brown and based on Hollinger def eff., this current team is in the same range as it was under Brown.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

This team's lack of defensive ability on the pick and roll is due to the fact that no one on this team can defend the pick and roll. :man10: It has a lot less to do with who the coach is than people want to admit. We don't have great defenders on this team down low. We don't have an Asik or a Noah. We have Gasol and Kaman. They're not good defenders in those situations.

I'm not ignoring pace, I'm embracing it. He plays that slowly so that he can be an effective defensive team. It's done ON PURPOSE. It's not adjusted, it's not changed, it's what they DO on the court. Stats help me study, but my eyes take the test.

Toronto, Phoenix, and Minnesota don't ACTUALLY play at that pace, so when you adjust their stats it's going to change the ACTUAL product. Those teams AREN'T sacrificing offense to be a great defensive team. The Cavaliers ARE.

I'm not defending Brown. I'm not defending Hollinger (who you keep implying that I support even though anyone who has been here for any length of time knows that's not true :man10: ).

I'm simply stating what is happening on the court: Mike Brown coaches his team to play at an extremely slow pace so that it keeps possessions down for the opposing team and forces them into bad shots. It's an effective defensive style. It's also an effective way of limiting YOUR OWN possessions which means scoring needs to be made EXTREMELY efficient for any sort of success. Brown doesn't know how to coach an efficient offense, thus he's a bad coach who sacrifices offense for defense and loses games.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Toronto, Phoenix, and Minnesota don't ACTUALLY play at that pace, so when you adjust their stats it's going to change the ACTUAL product. Those teams AREN'T sacrificing offense to be a great defensive team. The Cavaliers ARE.

I'm not defending Brown. I'm not defending Hollinger (who you keep implying that I support even though anyone who has been here for any length of time knows that's not true :man10: ).

Pho pace 98
Orl pace 99.7
Clev 97.1
looks similar to me...you're not defending Hollinger but you're using his stats to give that 10th ranking credit Brown defensive "abilities" so whats the counter here for Orl/Pho pace? they have a smidge higher pace and a better def. eff according to hollinger, so those team must be good defensively with a good defensive coach too than. Lets see how "good" defensively these teams are when we do face them, as Hollingers stats seem to suggest.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:00 pm

I always love your condescending posts and your aggressive demeanor. :man10: it makes for great conversation and debate.

Actually no it doesn't and I hate it. It's incredibly annoying.

I'm not using any Hollinger statistics that you're so adamant about. I'm using defensive efficiency. Points per 100 possessions the Cavaliers rank 9th in the league. Yes AFTER the Timberwolves and yes AFTER the Suns and yes AFTER the Magic.

You can rag on a bad team all you want, but the stats are right there in front of your face. If you choose not to accept it, that's your choice to remain ignorant of the facts.

I'm not saying they're a good team. If you take their Netrating (the difference between their offensive and defensive ratings) they're 3rd to LAST.

They're 16th in the league at PACE. Orlando is 10th, Minnesota is 2nd, and Phoenix is 13th. Obviously their pace isn't as slow as the Cavaliers. Those three teams are also among the leaders in Netrating which indicates they're NOT sacrificing offense for defense. They're playing in a system more conducive to winning.

In case you hadn't checked the Suns are 5-5, the Wolves are 7-5, and the Magic are 4-10 (not much removed from the Lakers). It's an early season. The stats aren't all there yet, but we take what we can from them.

I know it's a difficult concept, but that's why I put so much effort into my thought processes.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Pho pace 98
Orl pace 99.7
Clev 97.1
looks similar to me...you're not defending Hollinger but you're using his stats to give that 10th ranking credit Brown defensive "abilities" so whats the counter here for Orl/Pho pace? they have a smidge higher pace and a better def. eff according to hollinger, so those team must be good defensively with a good defensive coach too than. Lets see how "good" defensively these teams are when we do face them, as Hollingers stats seem to suggest.

Easy answer. What are the opp team's scoring efficiency against CLE? Slow it down, run n' gun....doesn't it all boil down to how easy teams score on you, despite how many possessions they get?

You can slow the game down, decrease a teams offensive possessions...yes. Ultimately, it won't matter if the opp is scoring on you at good rate given the amount off possessions you give them.

I am really curious about this. Grab me that stat!
borri

Postby borri on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Last edited by borri on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion