Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/ShawnFNBA/status/401881082619887618

In a loss @Bulls, Mike Brown & Kyrie Irving got into it on the bench after Brown pulled Irving from the game. Glad to see Mike hasnt changed

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:Rockets doom please? :hungry:

:man10: OK, WTF. I'm hungry too. But jeezus cristo there's like 136 pages of game day over there. They are shorter pages but I'm gonna start on 125 and see what I can find from there….. stay thirsty …..errrr…..hungry my friends. :man1:

waiting patiently
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 am

Whoa….right at top of P. 125, Clown would not like to read this, oh and look they fight just like us.

You are the person that is stupid for saying that.
Coaches have to draw good plays when it matters most. And if you can't get your players to buy in then you shouldn't be a coach

Explain how you know whether or not he drew up a good play.

Because you hate Mchale and just wanna [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]?

Our best player shot up an uncontested 3 pointer to tie when we were down by 3. What else do you want?

everyone on this team thinks there are a PG.

There are about 10x more people coming in and blowing up about people blaming Lin than there are people blaming Lin.

Maybe because we lost a game that we should have won and they are pissed. I have been a Rockets fan for 30 years, so I'm not a LOF. I am a Lin fan and I think it's so stupid that people just dog him all of the time.

We all say stupid stuff every know and then because we are fans, but this Lin bashing is more than just saying stupid stuff every now and then.

I would think that real Rocket fans would be very happy to have him on the team, and that they wouldn't always be bashing him.

yes lin is a bit of turnover machine, so is harden, he gets to do whatever he wants, im not saying Lin should get equal treatment, but for what hes produced this year and his salary, he deserves wayyy better

Still the blame it on Lin debate:

Like seriously, nobody is even crapping on him. People are just being mad now for the sake of being mad. Stupid.

You just missed the post. There where a bunch of people saying that Lin is the main reason we lost the game tonight. That's just stupid.

McHale lost this game by not managing minutes and rotations, or game planning at all!

The problem is that even if another scorer isn't needed, why keep Harden out there? He's the biggest defensive liability on the team (partially because he's not fully healthy). Replace him with Lin, who isn't quite the scoring threat but will at least try to play defense. Or Garcia. Or Brooks. Or go big and throw out D-Mo, Asik, anybody else out there.

Didn't we kill Blake for the same outcome?

Beverly is overrated on defence. Guarded Ellis tonight and Ellis went for 37!

OMG you get on my nerves. Why don't you just go date Bev and stop posting. Lin is much better than Bev. Only you, McHale and other racists think otherwise.McHale lost this game by not managing minutes and rotations, or game planning at all!

^^^Dude. You need help.

Ahhh….now we're talking….to the crux of the matter:

comeon rockets fans - for a loss like this - it's gotta be the refs' fault
I mean they didn't call a foul for Harden at the end - that would have given us a chance to tie the game for OT (3 FT)...…

Seems like a constant Lin vs Beverly battle with Rocket Fan

You try to cover up that you dislike Lin and love Bev, but you don't fool me. You only say anything good about Lin to cover up your dislike of him because you only want Bev to succeed because he is your favorite player. That's why you make a big deal out of anyone that defends Lin, whether he is being attacked or not. What's it to you anyway? There are many like you on this board that try to hide their true feelings, but we can see through you.

^^^This is really creepy.

We agree on Asik.....however, the body language is really bad. Morey should trade him. Value will never be better than it was going into this year. Heart is just not in it. Watched him doing a sarcastic laugh and shaking his head on the bench...can't say I blame him but it speaks LOUDLY about where he's at.

I think the blame should go to the coach. You have to show trust in your player and reward him if you want him to perform. Asik has played hard, never missed game, and the coach seriously did not try hard enough to give him playing time.
The TT tower experiment is not a well-designed one. Yeah, it failed the first game. Then you need to tweak that instead of throwing that away all together.

Sounds like Dan last year and Potato before him:

One more point and I am done for the night: McHale is now to ride his stars for long minutes. He is always coaching like if he would lose the job tomorrow if he lost the game today. I would say Asik's situation is made worse by Mchale's poor minute management and lack of vision.

Not a whole lot of the tasty stuff on Clown and the Beard Pecker tonight, but:

sad to say but harden will be the reason this team doesn't win a championship..true superstar player go for the shot not the foul..shame really..

Whoa now they're really pissing Clown off:

^^^He's a #2 on a championship team. Dwight is 2b. We need a Durant or Lebron on the team to be considered contenders.

With "all world defensive anchor" suiting up for you??

I cringe at the thought of what the Timberwolves are gonna do to us on Saturday. They just might break the scoring record

James Harden playing Chase Budinger or Kevin Martin defense?

^^^I get that he wanted a foul call, and should have gotten one for 2 free throws, but the dumb flop head flail as a last second desperation to get a call when it clearly wasn't happening, instead of actually trying to size up a clean look at the basket was what annoyed me.

It's getting to the point where Harden is a liability in end game scenarios, I'm not sure how he just repeatedly clams up and chokes but it seems to happen. I read that he was 2-8 in end of the game attempts when his team is down by 3 or less and that includes that goaltend last year by Jermaine O'neal that should have been taken away. It also doesn't account for situations where he has tried to draw contact and ended up not getting the whistle in those situations which was more than a few times and generally resulted in a turnover. He also missed the free throw that would have in all likely hood sent this game into overtime. I hope he can figure out his mental block, and sooner than later. Margins are too thin in the NBA to lose every close game like we do.

just be glad it was Harden who missed the key free throw, if it was Lin we'd be here for days.

I would call bull bleep on this, but then again Clown didn't yank his shirt off on the floor after Steve Black hit the game winner in his face:

By far the worst loss of the season

Whoa….they are real people just like here at CL:

This site is full of what-have-you-done-for-me-latelys.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 am

WTF?? :bang: :bang: Double post and I was in editing one of them for mistakes. :bang: Oh well Double Doom. I'm tired now….going to have to call in sick.

:man10: Ahhh…. thanks! I was just headed back into the first one which hadn't been edited to just delete all the copy and SHAZAAMM…. it no longer existed. :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:47 am

:bow: Tasty doom LT.........

Funny how they blame Lin for Houstons problems. That is comical. The kid didn't have a memorable game but he didn't cost them anything. Howard and Harden were the focal points late in the game.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 pm

We all say stupid stuff every know and then because we are fans, but this Lin bashing is more than just saying stupid stuff every now and then.

This made me smile.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby crampledkid on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Dwight fined for throwing ball in the stands. Harden will get sued for punching a laker fan at the bar. Perfect
crampledkid

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I saw the gif of Dwight "throwing" the ball when I was in their game day thread near the end to get some Doom. He was getting heckled hard by some guy with a court side seat and just disgustedly flipped the ball over toward him, who then hit it back at him. It was not like he "flung" it at all. Bounced before it even got to him. But hey, good! Get pissed at your situation, Clown. You chose it. :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 am

The amount of bad to average coaches in the league has never ceased to impress me through the years ... It's not like there are 400+ current NBA coaches like the amount of players .

As for the Cavs situation , it's just laughable management ... how can you hire him a second time after you witnessed how clueless he is on O , about adjusments and the fact stars players don't respect him ...
wcsoldier81

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:43 am

I wanted Rockets doom, and I appreciate you guys feeding me. But, I was still hungry. Sometimes a man just has to go in the fridge and get his own food. :man10:

Enjoy guys: :man10:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=247181
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby raviator on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm sorry, this had me cracking up!

raviator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:44 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:

I wanted Rockets doom, and I appreciate you guys feeding me. But, I was still hungry. Sometimes a man just has to go in the fridge and get his own food. :man10:

Holy Crap what was that seasoning you put on that??? :bow: Now the taste buds have just taken over. I feel like I'm full but …..damn I'm still eating!! :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:17 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:

Holy Crap what was that seasoning you put on that??? :bow: Now the taste buds have just taken over. I feel like I'm full but …..damn I'm still eating!! :man10:

it isn't doom unless its posted in doomville
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

A lil Hou doom from that page posted above:
This response is funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
Dream makes good points. Dwight does seem to be over-thinking his post game right now just like he over-thinks his free-throw shooting.

By the way, where's Carrol Dawson? He was a master at teaching the hook. Dwight would be a FORCE if he had a reliable hook shot. Just dribble, step, hook, score. He needs this part of his game as he gets older.

Howard will give you 4 counter steps: ball gets stolen, travel, offensive foul by pushing off defender, if he is lucky, finally the shot goes off and gets blocked.....

scouting report here
Howard in the post has a few things going against him.

1. He has no go to move.

2. He has awful footwork.

3. He is very indecisive.

Not sure if he will ever learn how to play on the block in all honesty. i just want him to be the defensive presence and dominant PnR player that he was on Orlando.

someone has advice for the Dream
He(Dwight) is who he is. Give it up Hakeem.

Ahh now we know why Dream did the interview
Originally Posted by pippendagimp
the quote makes perfect sense….but why wouldn't dream just pick up the phone and tell dwight all this himself

Maybe he tried, but Dwight saw the caller ID and then
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:11 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:i just want him to be the defensive presence and dominant PnR player that he was on Orlando.

That's sound familiar somehow.... hmmm...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:55 pm

karacha wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:i just want him to be the defensive presence and dominant PnR player that he was on Orlando.

That's sound familiar somehow.... hmmm...

stolen from the Lakers boards I suspect :man10:
puffyusaf#2

Postby Barnstable on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 am

Nothing from Warriors fans?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 am

Barnstable wrote:Nothing from Warriors fans?

what's a "warrior" fan? :man10:
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 am

A lil GSW Doom (Im not the skilled doom giver but I try)

Pre-game
No curry no problem?
No Curry.....................****. Good thing its the Lakers and not another tough team but I'll be pissed if they lose tonight. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... JqWNn.dpuf

Just win baby!
Code: Select all
The game don't have to be a work of art...just beat the damn Lakers and I'm happy. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1285652#sthash.3iCJqWNn.dpuf

Who should replace Curry?
Andrew Iguodala huh...

This guy has one wish
We better beat these pillow biting fudge packing a** masters. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... xSfm7.dpuf

when you arent use to the playoffs you start to position yourself early, apparently.
I'm glad the Spurs beat the Grizz because I'm terrified of drawing Memphis in the playoffs, it's imperative that we finish above them so we get HCA if it comes to that. We need to start rooting for the Grizz to lose against almost anyone because I think they are our biggest threat. San Antonio would be tough for sure, OKC probably would be too but I think we have a shot at them. I would welcome a matchup vs. LAC or Houston. So, let San Antonio rack up regular season wins, we aren't going to finish above them anyway, and let the Grizz lose at every opportunity. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... xSfm7.dpuf

Found talent? Lets see the talent evaluators in GS.............
Well, we know Nedovic can foul.

How did Speights get his contract, seriously.

Nedovic can at least handle for now.That is, until he unleashes hell on the NBA eventually. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... Gm3aP.dpuf

uh oh someone doesn't agree with his talent observation
NuWarriors wrote:I'm not too concerned about Speights... I think Jackson will eventually play him to his strengths.
He has no strengths. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... Gm3aP.dpuf

Fan support?
My God, Speights...Even Steph is face palming on the bench - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... Gm3aP.dpuf

Jordy makes an appearance
Farmar is sh@tting me but not as much as Speights.

Well back to speights
SPEIGHTS YOU SUCK A**

SIlver lining?
The only good thing about this game is that the Lakers is shooting almost 60% and is still only a 6 point game...But a 6 point lead feels like a 12 point lead with this offense. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... uqwiB.dpuf

Uh oh Curry sadness kicks in...........
LOl, we're all over the shop without Steph. This just isn't fair on Iguadala. He's not a frickin PG. Klay was completely lost on that Blake 3. Too easy. Ugh. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... uqwiB.dpuf

Need to do something about the PG situation immediately. This cannot go on any longer. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... uqwiB.dpuf

Brutal. This is a bottom 3 team in the west without Curry. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... uqwiB.dpuf

The bad news is we completely suck [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] without Curry.The good news is the rest of this team is making a great case for Steph as All-Star, maybe MVP, and validating ESPN picking him as a top 10 player. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... uqwiB.dpuf

........... thats a lil. Got to go now.
puffyusaf#2

Postby jlkr on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice to see Potato Head's true colors coming back out. :man10:

Nice to see the former Mr Orlando still has no post moves nor can he hit FT's and now he's throwing the ball at a fan? We should be glad he's not here. How much longer before Houston starts wishing they hadn't pursued him? They're stuck. Better them than us, eh?
:jam2:
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend...
--Hayward
jlkr

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 pm

It was a good run New Jersey.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Barnstable on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:59 pm

^ :man10:

Stay classy Kidd.

Try losing with dignity :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:23 am

Pathetic move by Kidd, not sure I've seen anything like that in the NBA before. Since when do coaches drink cups of soda on the sidelines anyway?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:29 am

Good thing it wasn't Mike Brown and his cup of spit :freak2:.
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 am

Weezy wrote:Pathetic move by Kidd, not sure I've seen anything like that in the NBA before. Since when do coaches drink cups of soda on the sidelines anyway?

Bet there's a nice fine coming with that cheesy move when they review it. Wow. :nono5:
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion