Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:04 am

It's an old dirty trick although I'm surprised Kidd used it. :man10:

It's really not that big of a deal, just sketchy like a lot of old tricks. He was much too obvious about it which made it really cheesy. Not to mention it didn't work.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:23 am

I don't hate Kidd at all for what he did. It was silly, embarrassing, and ridiculous, but he did it because he wanted his team to win. I can't knock that.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:14 am

Of course, it would've been different if Meeks misses, but considering he made the free throw, it was a pretty funny sequence... not only the soda, but Blake and Henry in the Nets huddle afterwards, with Blake being the closest to the assistant coach :man10:

Last edited by Magic Skywalker on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby MC on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:31 am

^
OMG... I missed the game last night but that is funny............ Blake is one sneaky guy
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 am

Lol
Reminds me of the time Horry was i believe the Kings huddle and he kept agreeing with their coach and one of the Kings players was pushing Horry out of the huddle.
D.B. Cooper

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 am

LMAO!! Good for them. Isn't that Garnett next to Blake? Am surprised both of them didn't get punched. They don't even notice them in that captured instant.
LTLakerFan

Postby basketboy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:18 am

LTLakerFan wrote:LMAO!! Good for them. Isn't that Garnett next to Blake? Am surprised both of them didn't get punched. They don't even notice them in that captured instant.

well to be fair, it wasnt a timeout, blake had as much right to be there as garnett did. if garnett pushed him outta the way, blake woulda been shooting a tech freethrow after meeks was done lol.
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby Barnstable on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Found this posted by a troll on the Nets forum :man10: :man10:

I caught the tail end of Young and Farmar dancing. Looks like they were throwing up LA at the end of the game :man10: :bow:

"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Of course, it would've been different if Meeks misses, but considering he made the free throw, it was a pretty funny sequence... not only the soda, but Blake and Henry in the Nets huddle afterwards, with Blake being the closest to the assistant coach :man10:

OMG that is funny as hell. KG is actually looking over Blakes shoulder to see the play :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:10 pm

basketboy wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:LMAO!! Good for them. Isn't that Garnett next to Blake? Am surprised both of them didn't get punched. They don't even notice them in that captured instant.

well to be fair, it wasnt a timeout, blake had as much right to be there as garnett did. if garnett pushed him outta the way, blake woulda been shooting a tech freethrow after meeks was done lol.

Oh OK I got it. I was thinking it was their last huddle or something after the free throws, since they jerked with Jody on them. It was seeing what the hell was going on with the sudden puddle on the floor. They probably knew it was BS already. :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:59 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:Of course, it would've been different if Meeks misses, but considering he made the free throw, it was a pretty funny sequence... not only the soda, but Blake and Henry in the Nets huddle afterwards, with Blake being the closest to the assistant coach :man10:

OMG that is funny as hell. KG is actually looking over Blakes shoulder to see the play :man10:

This crew is loose and goofing on others. Not as tense as last season with so much expectations weighing the season down.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Barnstable wrote:Found this posted by a troll on the Nets forum :man10: :man10:

I caught the tail end of Young and Farmar dancing. Looks like they were throwing up LA at the end of the game :man10: :bow:

It's easy to see why Young & Dwight are friends.. I don't mind the constant smiling & goofing off as much from Young because he's just a piece of the puzzle not the guy we we're supposed to build our future around. I have a feeling he'll get chewed out by Kobe for all that smiling when we're losing though.
LakersN4

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, Swaggy is a role-player and that's just his personality. A leader should not be like that very often: ie. people like Kobe, Fish, KG/PP/Rondo were like that for the Celts, Duncan/Parker for the Spurs etc. A leader needs to be 100% focused, but a role-player like Young can do a little bit of that; it's not like he is going to lead the team in game 7 of the finals or anything like that. You have a scowling Kobe to do that -- if we get there before he retires. :man12:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:02 pm

karacha wrote:Well, Swaggy is a role-player and that's just his personality. A leader should not be like that very often: ie. people like Kobe, Fish, KG/PP/Rondo were like that for the Celts, Duncan/Parker for the Spurs etc. A leader needs to be 100% focused, but a role-player like Young can do a little bit of that; it's not like he is going to lead the team in game 7 of the finals or anything like that. You have a scowling Kobe to do that -- if we get there before he retires. :man12:

yep farmar used to dance and clown around with ariza :man10:

also justice is served:
THe NBA fined Jason Kidd $50,000 on Thursday for dropping his cup against the Lakers on Wednesday.
It was a ridiculous stunt by Kidd to get a chance to draw up a play without any timeouts. The coach told Tyshawn Taylor to "hit me" and spilled his drink to get the extra time. His Nets are 4-11 and their offense has very little rhythm, so he has his work cut out for him in his first year as a coach.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Figgered they'd fine his arse. $50,000. Yowza :man6:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Im not surprised at the fine at all. Essentially he cheated on TV and was blatant about it. NBA can't have that not receive a hefty fine.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 pm

that's a hefty fine for cheating... lesson learned for a novice coach
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:24 am

Lol @ Kidd, that's one expensive spilled cup of soda. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 am

Wow. $50,000 is pretty expensive for a coach's salary. Kidd is currently paid about $32,000 per game on his current contract, so that's a full game's salary plus more.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 am

Nets play by play thought it was accidental while Fratello knew it wasn't ... Everytime I heard these two I think about the 'slip the screen" argument :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:11 am

LakersN4 wrote:
Barnstable wrote:Found this posted by a troll on the Nets forum :man10: :man10:

It's easy to see why Young & Dwight are friends.. I don't mind the constant smiling & goofing off as much from Young because he's just a piece of the puzzle not the guy we we're supposed to build our future around. I have a feeling he'll get chewed out by Kobe for all that smiling when we're losing though.

I don't mind Young behaviour because it's rarely towards the opponent .. He's just living in his world ... He doesn't look like wannabe thug JR Smith for example
wcsoldier81

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Legendary on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Round 2 against the Pistons...How'd it all go down this time?

Any day the Lakers lose is a good day, hopefully today is a good day

i dont even think we'll have the slightest chance against them, sadly

I don't see Detroit stopping Pau if he's on tonight. I'm in disbelief that the Lakers are winning so many games so far, I thought they would be absolutely terrible this season.

I want to lean towards Detroit winning, but LA is better than they look on paper.

if we were playing them a week later when kobe returned we would have a better chance of winning, unfortunately the lakers are playing well as a unit right now.

The Lakers are playing like a team and that's the type of teams that beat detroit, so i have pretty low expectations for this one.

Isn't that the team with Jordan Hill on it? Lakers by 30.............

Pistons are def championship contenders if they win this, worthless bums if they lose

Gametime:

Is it just me

Or does Wes Johnson look like the play-doh was stretched a little too wide across his face?

Pistons are setting themselves up nicely for the 2nd half collapse

wish they'd move the 3 point line back about 5 feet, just for this year.

F***ING GUARD THE F***ING THREE POINT LINE

We love making bums look all-pro aginst us.

It's funny how we make the Lakers scrubs look like superstars

I wish we could just play Milwaukee every night.

Just when I thought we might get our biggest win of the season

I hate the Lakers

IS THIS A F***ING JOKE

1 for 3 from the line.

Encompasses the night for the Pistons.

Good to know jennings is clutch

Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith are absolute a**. They're terrible. No way around it.

It's time to tank. This roster is jacked up.

Ballgame

This one’s over. Wesley Johnson and Shawne Williams are the best players on the floor.

Ohhhhh, thats why i hate stuckey...

thats right

This is hilariously pathetic.

Pistons are trying so hard to lose and fate won't let them.

anybody gotta gun?

I can't believe this ****.

I hate josh smith

Josh Smith, the end

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

F*** this

Josh Smith, ladies and gentlemen.

well bad teams find a way to lose games like this

we are a bad team

Somehow I feel responsible..

Detroit fanbase has done this forever, watch boxscores and then pile on one or two guys as the sole reason/problem....it's pretty annoying. Another irritating loss

Josh Smith is a garbage offensive player and defensive player. No boxscore watching here. Eyes were glued to that embarrassment of a performance displayed on my tv.

Joe Dumars gave 54 million dollars to a low IQ PF to play SF, a position that requires shooting & Josh cant spell shooting.

Is it too early to root for us to tank.

This team is a tribute to stupidity.

And by the way, kids...

be sure to visit the What to Do with Josh Smith fanpost before you log off tonight!

I think we can expect some healthy movement tonight.
Legendary

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:57 pm

:bow: Funny they are killing Josh the dude was a beast on the boards tonight.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby SK8 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Josh Smith deserved all that hate, i would feel the same way, other than rebounding, he was trash.
What the hell did they expect, there is a reason why Jennings was free agent for so long, and Josh Smith is playing this way since the day he stepped in NBA, don't know why are they so fired up, it's not like they will start to ball now because they are in Detroit.
And this guy is smart one

I don't see Detroit stopping Pau if he's on tonight. I'm in disbelief that the Lakers are winning so many games so far, I thought they would be absolutely terrible this season.

I want to lean towards Detroit winning, but LA is better than they look on paper.

totally opposite from last year when we were strong on paper.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion