Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby jOeyB7000 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Legendary wrote:From the Bulls forum at Realgm:

Did I mention that I was sick to my stomach?

I feel like I used to do if I found out that an ex-girlfriend was now going out with someone else or, even worse, one of my friends. It's been a long time, but boy that feeling retains its pungency.

And she's telling everyone you know how happy she is to finally understand what an orgasm feels like...

Yeah. This pretty much sucks. I can't believe we couldn't/didn't offer better than that.

:man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

OUCH
jOeyB7000

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Spurs

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showt ... 413&page=4

the lakers are now a lock to lose to the spurs in the west finals

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

WTF? Why are teams falling all over themselves to help the Celtics and Lakers this year? Call me a conspirancy theorist, but I don't look forward to the officiating during the playoffs this yea

Also what do you guys think about this interesting point a user made?

Long term how does this effect LA's salary cap- they are going to have sign Bynum soon...

can we afford Kobe, Bynum AND Gasol in a couple of years?

or that shouldn't worry us now for near future

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:17 pm

LakerShowtime2008 wrote:Spurs

WTF? Why are teams falling all over themselves to help the Celtics and Lakers this year? Call me a conspirancy theorist, but I don't look forward to the officiating during the playoffs this yea

Long term how does this effect LA's salary cap- they are going to have sign Bynum soon...

thats where i believe odom expiring comes into play.
KB+KG=DOMINATION

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:19 pm

And Luke and Radman i hope lol

we need to keep the 2nd unit core of Sasha, Farmar and Turiaf

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Legendary on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Another one from Bulls/RealGM.....Mitch is driving people to alcohol over this deal:

I CANT BELIEVE THIS, ITS JUST TERRIBLE

SO SAD

DROWN MY SORROWS IN BEER NOW

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
Legendary

Postby blakeruns on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Legendary wrote:From the Bulls forum at Realgm:

Did I mention that I was sick to my stomach?

I feel like I used to do if I found out that an ex-girlfriend was now going out with someone else or, even worse, one of my friends. It's been a long time, but boy that feeling retains its pungency.

And she's telling everyone you know how happy she is to finally understand what an orgasm feels like...

Yeah. This pretty much sucks. I can't believe we couldn't/didn't offer better than that.

that was. . .

COLD-BLOOOODED
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Osama Yomama wrote:I'm interested to hear what that clown Barkley has to say about the Lakers now.

:jam2:

yeah that fat turd....i want to hear what all these laker haters will say if we actually do win deep and far

what? "kobe still cant do it by himself"

nobody has ever done it by themselves. Jordan had a superstar to do everything, it's a travesty that he got D-Player of year award and Pippen didn't??? that shows it's all about popularity with him. Not to mention a guy who would defend and rebound better than anyone. Great shooters and a sick overall great team.....an all-star coming off the bench in Kukoc.

Magic did it with superstars around him.

Point being: They will be hipocritical and bash him again.
Kobe's Empire

Postby The Maverick on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Osama Yomama wrote:I'm interested to hear what that clown Barkley has to say about the Lakers now.

:jam2:

"I think, I think the Spurs *slurp* are the still.... still the best team in the West *slurp* It was a great trade for the Lakers, but it was trbl for Memphis"
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby yame on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Another reason for other teams and their fans to hate the Lakers and their fans even more. :man1: We are lucky as fans to have an organization that is will to do anything for the past 60 years to put a product on the floor that has a good chance of winning a championship.
yame

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:53 pm

JSM wrote::man10: :man10: :man10:

These comments are hilarious.
I am loving all of this. Just taking it all in one quote at a time :man10:
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Rockets fans

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.ph ... ge=3&pp=20

THAT's all they wanted for Pau ??!?!?!?!?! wtf is memphis thinking !!...ha ha ha... kwame for gasol ... ...we could have done better...but DAMN...so much for the lakers falling...damn it...it's just getting tougher for us

damn the lakers are stacked at the big. ugh.

with gasol roaming 10-15ft out the basketball, imagine seeing kobe cuttin in and layin the smackdown on some fool tryin to box out. wow!!!

dont know what to think/feel. im pissed because the lakers are going to be really good. dumbfounded that the grizz were so desperate. shocked that the league could actually allow this blatant attempt to be horrible.

this is like insider trading...west must be tossing the lakers a bone

Gasol in the triangle looks like a nice fit offensively. Expect their defense slide a ton, though. They lose a very good defender in Brown

They weren't ever going to be a threat to win the division, and that's the only circumstance under which it's even relevant.

When I clicked on this thread, I assumed they had traded Odom for Gasol and still thought to myself "damn they got a lot better." You're telling me they got an All-Star big for Kwame Brown? Unbelievable. That team is absolutely loaded right now, and has the best player in basketball. As a Rockets fan, terrible news. As a basketball fan, great news. I wanted to see Kobe have a shot at going deep in the playoffs, but certainly not at our expense.

Bynum, Odom, and Pau along the frontline, and that doesn't even include their best player (best player in the league)? WOW.

rigged league.

[/quote]

Jazz fans

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!!!!

Lakers just went from good to great and Memphis went for bad to worse. I hate the Laker's... well my day just went crap. I guess it'll be all the sweeter when we dominate them... right?

Does this make sense for Memphis to any of you? Did they just draft Conley Jr. and they're getting Crittenton? I don't get it.

The Lakers win just by never having to put Kwame Brown on the court again.

But yeah, they just picked up a 19/8 big man for pieces that were contributing virtually nothing to the team this year. Sheesh
Last edited by The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby scheven on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 pm

people are so stupid. everyone thought that it was stupid for memphis to only ask for a talent like kwame. they never understood the idea expiring K's lol...
this was a good deal for both teams. it helps the lakers to win now and helps memphis rebuild.
scheven

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 pm

yahoo answers

The lakers are great and I like them but they need a lot more work to get to a championship. Paul Gasol might be a good center but that won't solve their other problems. Besides I really think this trade made the lakers way overrated, just like how the celtics are right now.

:man10: :boxing1:

we havent even seen how the lakers played with him yet. Paul is an ok player but you guys are acting like steve nash or dirk nowitzki just joined the lakers.

no keep dreaming dude even with gasol there is 5 better teams in the wast suns, N.O, spurs, mavs and utah no ring this year

[/quote]

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:10 pm

scheven wrote:people are so stupid. everyone thought that it was stupid for memphis to only ask for a talent like kwame. they never understood the idea expiring K's lol...
this was a good deal for both teams. it helps the lakers to win now and helps memphis rebuild.

exactly

and only now people admit Kwame is crap

now they know how Kobe feels having this guy as your anchor in the middle

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby 10scott10 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:13 pm

scheven wrote:people are so stupid. everyone thought that it was stupid for memphis to only ask for a talent like kwame. they never understood the idea expiring K's lol...

I think it was a stupid trade.
i understand the reasoning behind it, but they could have done better.

but they ended up with a better deal than the hornets got for baron
10scott10

Postby eddieangelinos on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:23 pm

kenside34 wrote:
Dark Hero wrote:Fear the Lakers because were for real!
:jam2: :jam2:

Fear the KGB

KGB... there it is!! I love it!
eddieangelinos

Postby grego on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:27 pm

To quota a Spurs fan: Bring on the renewed Lakers-Spurs rivalry. :man1:

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:

thats where i believe odom expiring comes into play.

In short term, Lakers do pay a nice luxury tax being in the mid 70 million payroll, if the current roster stays as it is. Odom's contract is off the books in 2009/10.

Of course, that's one of the biggest motivators. However, Memphis still could have cut costs and received better young talent, as Gasol was widely coveted. Lakers pulled a good one on Memphis though, even better than Boston with KG.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby flexxdzl on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Yes ..but it's the bench we can't afford! Luke Rad = 10 -11 mill per year..

Artest/bibby for Odom ...sounds like the best deal in the world right now...this should be the next move!
flexxdzl

Postby Steve on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:32 pm

The other thing I find hilarious is how often people refer to Pau as PauL, like I can't even take them seriously, when they don't even know the guy's name plus it's like these people never were taught how to think a bit outside of the box (the expiring contract). Like these guys play for free or something....it's annoying....but it's hilarious to watch them tremble in fear.
Steve

Postby marcelo on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:24 pm

westcoast21 wrote:My friend and i last night were talking about LA sports havent been the same in awhile. The only team thats really shown success is the USC Trojans. But are things changing? Torre/Jones to the Dodgers, Carlos Ruiz/Beckham to the Galaxy, now Gasol to the Lakers? I hope the sun is rising on LA sports again. and wow, i was taking a look at the 04-05 roster and compared it to what its going to be now, just amazing:

Atkins
Bryant
Butler
Odom
Mihm

bench
Brian Cook, Jurmaine Jones, Tierre Brown, Brian Grant, Kareem Rush

:help:

and over the last four years, that has transformed into this:

Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

bench
Jordan Farmar, Ronny Turiaf, Sasha Vujacic, Vladamir Radmonovich, Luke Walton, Trevor Ariza, Chris Mihm

:firstlady:

This is the kind of thing that everyone knows it. But to actually read it makes it that much more amazing. My God it's crazy. That bench is just horrible.
marcelo

Postby slimjim on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:38 pm

"NBA live/2k wouldn't allow this trade..."

:man10: :man10:

so true.
slimjim

Postby borri on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Suns fans are DEFINATELY taking the Pau acquisition the hardest. Spurs fans are more appalled at the trade than scared. They still think they own us, rightfully so before Gasol got here. Mavs fans are in the same boat as Spurs.

It's comical how the Suns fans are just reeling over this. :mhihi:
borri

Postby GameTimeLaker on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Raptors Fan:

The Lakers think they are contenders after beating us, a middle tier team. They are still behind the Spurs and Suns and probably Utah and Dallas. Denver still has more talent and they stand no chance against Boston or Detroit. They are definately not favorites by any stretch. Once gasol's bad back goes cya@ then you have exactly what you had before...minus some depth, and if it doesnt...you have maybe a second round birth

MY RESPONSE:

The Lakers have beaten the Spurs, Suns twice, killed the Hornets two times, beat the Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets three times, Jazz twice, and the Pistons thus far. Those are all the Western Powerhouses you speak of, you know the "elite" teams, nothing middle tier about any of them.

And this is all WITHOUT Gasol.

Next please...

This calls for a patented PAUWNED!!1!!
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 pm

^ except we never beat the Mavs, and we beat the Spurs when they didnt have Parker and Duncan...
live and die in LA

Postby GameTimeLaker on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:47 pm

live and die in LA wrote:^ except we never beat the Mavs, and we beat the Spurs when they didnt have Parker and Duncan...

Didn't realize I was on a Spurs board...well, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. :man9:
Are You A Suns Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now On 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
GameTimeLaker

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion