Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby abeer3 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 pm

lakers have more talent and balance than the celtics. the celtics have more star power. in david stern's nba, star power reigns supreme. wait for bynum to develop another year and become a household name, then i'd pick the lakers without hesitation.
abeer3

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:33 pm

GS fans upset as well

that deal just screwed the western conference all the **** up!

Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Kobe, Fisher?

thats ridiculous...all they lost was crittingtons upside? (IF THAT)

**** memphis that was a backdoor buddy deal...I wish they had a veto system like fantasy league lol

**** gasol already detroys us, Kobe already destroys us...Together?

I hope they have chemistry issues...or gasols gimpy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] remains injured

( i dont like wishing injury on people) but damn...

1st another Warriorless All-Star game, now this.

I'm suddenly feeling sick.

THIS JUST IN: WARRIORS BONED AGAIN

y crap! I just read and you have got to be **** kidding me???? WTF Mullin? You couldn't do better than that deal? I mean, seriously. God **** damn it.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm

KB24@CL wrote:GS fans upset as well

**** memphis that was a backdoor buddy deal...I wish they had a veto system like fantasy league lol

I hope they have chemistry issues...or gasols gimpy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] remains injured

y crap! I just read and you have got to be **** kidding me???? WTF Mullin? You couldn't do better than that deal? I mean, seriously. God **** damn it.

:man10: :man10:
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby OchoX3 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:41 pm

KB24@CL wrote:GS fans upset as well

Warriors get Chris Webber
Lakers get Pau Gasol

Advantage - Mitch :man1:
OchoX3

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Heat fans

Damn we really got to dig in to stay ahead of Memphis now.

This sucks! Kwame, Javaris Scrub and 2 1st Rounders?
We should have done that deal: JWill, Ricky and our 1st rounder for Gasol and Swift...c'mon Riley wake up!

here a Laker fan
I would like to thank the Miami Heat for putting us in this wonderful position... THANK YOU PAT REILLY!!!!!

:man10:

Incredible.. Riley just got POWNEd by freaking cupcake..... this is the world were living in.... i got to admit envy is running all over my veins.. lol!

Depresses me that another team was able to get an absolute steal in a trade where they gave up little talent while the Heat haven't managed to do anything to turn this team around.

This is maybe the biggest "WTF?!?" moment I've ever had (learning of this trade), because to be honest, there was nothing about Mitch Kupchak's previous track record to suggest in any way, shape or form that he had the capacity to pull off a deal of this magnitude even if it was handed to him on a platter.

That said, this was a RIDICULOUS steal, not in the least because we're talking about Pau Gasol (ROY, All-Star, perennial 19/9/3 player with decent defense), but because of how spectacularly well he is suited to playing within L.A.'s triangle system because of his preference for mid-post play, his 15- to 18-foot jumper and his preference for attacking from the elbows and playing in the low post. He's about as close to the perfect complement to Kobe as you're going to find outside of a healthy < 33 year-old Shaq.

Wow, WTF is Chris Wallace thinking? :man2: not just that the Heat suck banana's, but now the Fakers will win it all and rape us twice this month.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby OchoX3 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:03 pm

From the Chi...
OK, so Mike Heisley said the Bulls were only offering players from their second and third team. What do call Kwame Brown an allstar? How about also throwing in a rookie point guard and a retired player in McKie. Sounds like Mr. Heisley is on top of his game.

Kwame freaking BROWN!!! What's next, Jason Kidd gets traded for Michael Olowokandi? This makes the Bulls look really bad, I would really like to know who they offered that was deemed less attractive than Kwame Brown.

Gotta love the hate from all the envy. :man1:
Last edited by OchoX3 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OchoX3

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:06 pm

i wonder why mia didn't try? jwill is actually a expiring then kwame. i'm guessing they're still tring to get bibby.
khmrP

Postby PauPow on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 pm

:mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

Gasol is the man :man1:
PauPow

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:18 pm

PauPow wrote::mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

:man10: I dig the name.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby 10scott10 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:20 pm

mavoretto wrote:
will win it all and rape us twice this month

Let's rape them!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10:

sasha for d-wade.

if your gonna tank, go all out
10scott10

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
PauPow wrote::mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

:man10: I dig the name.

:jam2:
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:38 pm

10scott10 wrote:
mavoretto wrote:

sasha for d-wade.

if your gonna tank, go all out

LMAO!! No way! I'd take Sasha's mosquito bite fly pumpfakes anyday. We already have our fair share of injured players, we don't need another one :man12:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby fanboyslim on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:49 pm

mavoretto wrote:

We'll be gentle, don't worry.
fanboyslim

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Kate Faber treatment for Miami :jam2: :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby jellyroll49 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:58 pm

fanboyslim wrote:
mavoretto wrote:

We'll be gentle, don't worry.

F THAT! NO LUBE!
"It's not even close," says one Western Conference scout. "The difference between Kobe and LeBron is like [the one between] a Maserati and a Volvo."

:pipe: = bud enhanced post
jellyroll49

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:01 pm

KB24@CL wrote:Kate Faber treatment for Miami :jam2: :man10:

OHHH HELLLLLL NOOOO :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KGB on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:14 pm

mavoretto wrote:
LakerShowtime2008 wrote:

Will Gasol be in line-up in first game vs Miami ?
That's even scary to think about. Were talking about a potential 60 point win.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby mest5621 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 am

Amare on the trade:

Following Monday morning's shoot around, Suns All-Star Amaré Stoudemire was asked about the Lakers' trade with the Grizzlies, acquiring Pau Gasol.

"It definitely helps the Lakers. It adds another 7-footer to their lineup. When (Andrew) Bynum gets back (from injury), they'll have two 7-footers in there with Lamar Odom at the small forward position, so they're a pretty big team now. They are a force in the West, but we're still confident and we still think we've got a great shot at the title."

The longtime rivals will meet up for the fourth and final time this season, when the Suns host the Lakers on February 20.

LOL face it amare your scared even more now that we have gasol you aint winning anything with your small line up
mest5621

Postby Pau Power on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:35 am

Suns pre-game thoughts on Pau coming to the Lakers. When the subject was brought up, both Thunder Dan and Chambers groaned and shook their heads. Here are a few quotes:

Tom Leander: "Shock waves throughout the NBA as Pau goes to the Lakers and the Lakers don't give up any of their core." (He then runs down the terms of the trade)

Thunder Dan: (said in a very depressed, disgusted voice) " You just said it, they gave him away, and then to give him away to a team like the Lakers that's got Kobe and when the big fella comes back (Drew) this becomes a very, very good team. I mean Pau Gasol was an all-star, gives them another 7 footer and obviously, so obviously everyone is very disappointed here in PHX that a team like the Lakers got Pau Gasol."

Chambers: (somewhere between disgust and outrage) "Oh, I was sick to my stomach because I've always been a Pau Gasol fan and this guy can do anything on the basketball court and on [the Grizzlies], they all just crowd around him and he is limited somewhat but yet his numbers are still there. On a team with Kobe, he's going to be buck naked and he's going to be getting 25 points a game and 10-12 rebounds. This guy is a good player."

Thunder Dan: "Well, that's exactly right. He was an all-star without Kobe now you put him with a guy like Kobe, it's only going to make him that much better. You put him with Bynum, and those other guys. Bynum is a superstar on his way up and you've got two 7-footers now. The Lakers are scary."

Tom Leander: (incredulously) "And Lamar Odom is their small forward? I mean you start thinking about who on the Suns is going to cover Lamar Odom? Is it Grant Hill, Raja Bell? You throw double-team help at Lamar Odom and who do you leave open?"

Thunder Dan:"What is Iavaroni doing in Memphis?" (Former asst. coach for the Suns)

Chambers: (conspiracy theory alert) "You see, Jerry West was sent to Memphis a few years ago to essentially trade a player back to put them back on top! And he did that. That's the conspiracy theory. (eyeroll) See, Jerry West went there, on Jerry Buss, they paid him, and they gave him back, don't you think? It'll work won't it?" (the other two not sure if he's being sarcastic or serious.)
Pau Power

Postby OchoX3 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:51 am

Pau Power wrote:
Suns pre-game thoughts on Pau coming to the Lakers. When the subject was brought up, both Thunder Dan and Chambers groaned and shook their heads. Here are a few quotes:

Tom Leander: "Shock waves throughout the NBA as Pau goes to the Lakers and the Lakers don't give up any of their core." (He then runs down the terms of the trade)

Thunder Dan: (said in a very depressed, disgusted voice) " You just said it, they gave him away, and then to give him away to a team like the Lakers that's got Kobe and when the big fella comes back (Drew) this becomes a very, very good team. I mean Pau Gasol was an all-star, gives them another 7 footer and obviously, so obviously everyone is very disappointed here in PHX that a team like the Lakers got Pau Gasol."

Chambers: (somewhere between disgust and outrage) "Oh, I was sick to my stomach because I've always been a Pau Gasol fan and this guy can do anything on the basketball court and on [the Grizzlies], they all just crowd around him and he is limited somewhat but yet his numbers are still there. On a team with Kobe, he's going to be buck naked and he's going to be getting 25 points a game and 10-12 rebounds. This guy is a good player."

Thunder Dan: "Well, that's exactly right. He was an all-star without Kobe now you put him with a guy like Kobe, it's only going to make him that much better. You put him with Bynum, and those other guys. Bynum is a superstar on his way up and you've got two 7-footers now. The Lakers are scary."

Tom Leander: (incredulously) "And Lamar Odom is their small forward? I mean you start thinking about who on the Suns is going to cover Lamar Odom? Is it Grant Hill, Raja Bell? You throw double-team help at Lamar Odom and who do you leave open?"

Thunder Dan:"What is Iavaroni doing in Memphis?" (Former asst. coach for the Suns)

Chambers: (conspiracy theory alert) "You see, Jerry West was sent to Memphis a few years ago to essentially trade a player back to put them back on top! And he did that. That's the conspiracy theory. (eyeroll) See, Jerry West went there, on Jerry Buss, they paid him, and they gave him back, don't you think? It'll work won't it?" (the other two not sure if he's being sarcastic or serious.)

Never did like him.
OchoX3

Postby Radner on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 am

Dan didn't say anything bad about the Lakers. :man3:
Radner

Postby scheven on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 am

mavoretto wrote:
8got81_24gets101 wrote:
mavoretto wrote:
LakerShowtime2008 wrote:

Will Gasol be in line-up in first game vs Miami ?
That's even scary to think about. Were talking about a potential 60 point win.

Better 69, so we can beat the most deficit in histoty of NBA — 68 points.

lol 69 is only fitting with the raping we're gonna do :man10:
scheven

Postby OchoX3 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:11 am

JKsnoots wrote:Dan didn't say anything bad about the Lakers. :man3:

Have you ever heard him on NBA TV?
OchoX3

Postby kobejon on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:19 am

CAVS FORUM... LOL

They dont have Kwame Outty. Even if they do, it will be another 30 days until they can get him, and he sucks to begin with. Gasol or no Gasol we will still own the Lakers.
A.T.G.R.O.O
kobejon

Postby kobejon on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:20 am

Another Cavalier fan
Funny, I don't see that much difference between us and the Lakers. If the Lakers do reach the finals, which seems far more likely now, I expect them to be playing us.

People spend too much time trashing our supporting cast because we look bad without LeBron. They aren't built and coached to do well without LeBron, they are built to do well with LeBron. And lately we've been spectacular.

Match us up when healthy with the Lakers and each team has their advantages, but I'm not about to concede anything. Not to the Lakers, not to the Celtics.
A.T.G.R.O.O
kobejon

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion