Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Legendary wrote:^^^
Suns fans are amazing.

We handled them with just Bynum in the lineup, yet they still think they can take us even after the addition of Gasol?

They are in for a devastating reality check.

they are Suns fans.. which makes them a bunch of Morons in denial
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby OC Lakerfan on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Suns fans:
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
OC Lakerfan

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:42 pm

OC Lakerfan wrote:Suns fans:

is that all Al Bundy?
Kobe's Empire

Postby borri on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm

KBFS 24 wrote:
Legendary wrote:^^^
Suns fans are amazing.

We handled them with just Bynum in the lineup, yet they still think they can take us even after the addition of Gasol?

They are in for a devastating reality check.

they are Suns fans.. which makes them a bunch of Morons in denial

Actually, Suns fans are pretty dead on about this trade. At least from the posts I put up on pg 3. There's always a few super HOMERS that spout nonsense on every site.

Believe me, the VAST majority of Suns fans are shaking in their boots. As they should be.

It's the Mavs and Spurs fans who are holding on, quite increduously, I might add. Spurs will be downtrodden soon. Believe that, Duncan isn't getting any younger. Mavs fans are delusional if they think Dirk and Howard can win a CHIP.
borri

Postby UKUGA on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:49 pm

JoeBlow wrote:
LakerShowtime2008 wrote:excuses excuses

LINK

Most of the ten options ESPN's Chad Ford lists have all kinds of ifs and unknowns. Anything for the media to hate on the Lakers, eh? I don't remember them making lists of better deals we should've taken over Miami when we traded Shaq.

One problem with the article is that he clearly ignores what the Memphis GM said about sending Gasol out... that he is happy that he is on a team that gives him a chance to win (although he doesn't care specifically for the Lakers).

When a franchise player does a good job for your team but it is time to leave after a long run, you see in sports sometimes that the front office wants to hook you up. We saw it with the KG deal.

With that in mind, it would be terrible for Memphis to put Gasol in many of those situations listed: The Nets are falling apart, the Heat are beyond hope, Atlanta is"ok" for an lowly Eastern Conference team, and the Clippers are.,... the Clippers.Take all those off the table right there.

As for the others, Chicago won't pay the salary tax, so that should not have been mentioned. And what other teams ALSO don't want a big salary I wonder?

The Warrior deal is decent, but with the Lakers he gets two super cheap young players in M.Gasol and Crittenton, plus TWO 1st rounders. That is worth more than Brandan Wright and one first rounder.

The Orlando deal undervalues the potential with Crittenton when compared to Redick. That is the main problem I have with that suggestion. But with that said, it is so close that you can say, well why not deal with the Lakers?

The Suns suggestion was just stupid. Why would Memphis take only Shawn Marion and Atlanta's first round pick? Marion isn't guaranteed to opt out, which is the main thing Memphis wants in cap room. And Crittonton, Marc Gasol (both super cheap but with potential) and two first rounders from the Lakers is far better than just one first rounder.

The Spurs suggestion is somewhat sound IF the Spurs were willing to go deep into the salary tax range (we don't know).Also, Critton and M. Gasol is >>>> than Ian Mahinmi (the draft picks are equal). But none of this matters... if the sportswriter were paying attention, Popovich already promised his team that he won't break them up after the championship they just won. Horry and Brent Barry were key bench players in that run and Popovich will keep to his promise.

The Raptor deal is dumb from Memphis perspective. Chad Ford:says this is why Memphis does it:

The Grizzlies would not have cleared a lot of cap room, but they would have received some very interesting young players, especially Bargnani (the No. 1 pick in the 2006 draft) and Moon, an older rookie who is likely to be a first team All-Rookie selection this year.

These actually are the reasons why they WOULDN'T take the deal... they want to clear a TON of cap space and get young talent (and picks) for little cost in the process.

The Lakers deal is not outdone substantially by any of the deals mentioned here when all the factors involved are considered.

Right off the bat, you can see the problems with Mr. Ford's logic, just by looking at the Hawks deal:

1) "Close to the same amount of cap room" is not the same
2) Childress > Crittenton is probably not true
3) Hawks pick WILL NOT be a lotto pick in 2010 if they add Gasol for Childress. The Hawks are a play-off team as it stands, this year.
"The Lakers need more fans like you!"
- Gary Vitti, to me, in a Cleveland restaurant
UKUGA

Postby live and die in LA on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:57 pm

I guess we need someone like Kobe... When he can't score he just rapes the b****...

Gotta respect those classy Suns fans :bang:
live and die in LA

Postby TalkieWalkie on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Those loveable Queens fans:

This is a nightmare scenario I always feared. Lakers have managed to break up and rebuild a championship team before we even STARTED rebuilding.

I'm sick.

None of this happens without Kupcak blowing up Kobe-Shaq Lakers. None of it. He is good.

I rate this a one of the most depressing days in Sacramento Kings history. Almost on a par with C-Webbs injury in the playoffs against Dallas or Horry's last second shot for the Lakers playoff win.

As bball fans, we're lucky to live in a large market...read this:
Somebody, some day is going to have to explain to me why the Lakers are able to rebuild or just plain build and get better so easily while we struggle to hit 50 wins.

There is a factor at work that the Kings have absolutely no control over no matter how clever the strategy and that is the basic advantage a large market team with a HUGE and wonderful past has over small market teams.

How this trade occurred, I do not know. I also don't know why the Lakers have had the best centers of all time go sliding to them as if it is their birth right.

I'm not complaining about the Lakers. I just think there is something operating that screws us.

Sorry but I've never been a fan of Gasol and while this makes the Lakers better I don't think it will work because Kobe can't seem to share the spotlight with anyone else. Short term fix but I think there will be long term problems.

Response to that:
Kobe passing the ball to Turiaf last night in the dying seconds vs. the Pistons disagrees with this statement. Gasol is 27 years old. I'll take 18/9 over Kwame Brown and an unproven rookie.

Wait, Notorious B.I.G. is the GM of the Griz?
:mhihi:

Sums up Queens fans sentiments:
I think i speak for almost everyone on this forum when i say **** the Lakers
wow this sucks only thing worse than KIngs sucking is lakers winning

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25219

Poor Queens fans... I really feel guilty. :mhihi:

They'll get their shots at us in the future...it always comes back down...but for now, lets enjoy the potentially (theres work to be done) lofty status.

[/url]
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby lake_show on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Really surprised at some of the grizzlies fans. i guess you wont miss something unless its truely gone. what a great trade!
14 Championships and counting.......
lake_show

Postby JoeBlow on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 am

Sorry if it has been posted, but here a Chicago columnist answers three pages of fans whining mostly why-Gasol-is-not-a-Bull questions... hilarious.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-080204asksamsmith,1,997983.story
NBA fan critical of the Suns getting Shaq:
"The Suns should have traded Shawn Marion for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Santa could have provided the size while the Easter Bunny has always been a quick defender. "
JoeBlow

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 pm

bump :mhihi: :mhihi:

I loved this thread...I think we should post opposing fan reactions from other message boards here :jam2:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Great bump. These threads are always a fun read (under the right circumstances of course).
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Najim on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Suns fans reacting to last night's rolling...
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=854067
After watching the game I knew there were probally going to be *some* Laker fans but I didn't expect half the arena to be Laker fans...It was kind of embarassing have that game on national TV showing almost as many Lakers fans as Suns fans, plus the cheers and chants of "Go Lakers"...

I don't get why anyone who is in Phoenix would want to be a Lakers fan (Unless you're from LA of course) but why not support the Suns? It's not like the Suns are a lottery team the Suns are one of the best teams in the NBA reguardless.

Anyway just after seeing that was kind of dissapointing...Hopefully if the Suns can win the chip or at least come close that will change.

The game itself was depressing. To see that moron courtside jump and cheer at every lakers basket was borderline suicide-inducing.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... &start=135
oh come on raja. That vuibi@!ch girl just took you.
The Last Stand Has Begun...
Najim

Postby mrslam on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:32 pm

These are from a Suns Forum.

"Its way to early to be conceding anything this year. We have a ways to go before this team even functions as well as it can. While the Lakers are good they are far from unbeatable."

"Agree nashman.

I was waiting in line at the restroom after the game listening to a bunch of Laker fans chanting "world champions!"

I responded by saying, "championships are not won in November." That got the Suns fans pumped up and the Laker fans deflated a little bit."

"2nd unit is not capable of wiping their own [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. They are incompetent at this point and they will be incompetent no matter who is on the floor with them. You double Shaq, stay on Hill, and you just stopped the DCR's 2nd unit. I am sorry, but outside of Nash, Amare, Shaq, and to some degree Hill, Barnes and Diaw, this team is TERRIBLE.
Shaq, Amare, Diaw, Hill and Barnes are good enough to make out front court among the best in the league. Our back court consists of one good, but aging player (Nash), one average player (Bell), two rookies (Singletary and Dragic), erratic and unstable Barbosa, and Tucker who is virtually unknown at this point.

Half of our team is crap. No matter how you move and mix that crap, it is still going to stink. Without a capable shooting guard and a competent back up point, this team is going nowhere. Whether you dump the ball to Shaq in the low post or run a pick and roll with Nash and Amare is irrelevant. Either, a trade happens, Bell, Nash, Diaw and Barbosa pull their heads out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and play like they are supposed to, or this team is getting swept in the first round of playoffs."

_______
"they were with them most of the night? They were down by 15 four minutes into the 3rd and never challenged them again. And the Lakers played like crap as well, but were still able to kill us on the road, even though they're still a work in progress as well.

as far as missing a "key 3rd scorer off the bench", stop living in the past. Barbs has been horrendous this year."

"Have you seen what Marc Gasol has been doing this year? Hell, at this point I would've rather seen us trade Marion to the Lakers for him and Kwame instead of Shaq as our future would look much more bright."
I kill with my tongue!!
mrslam

Postby nameant on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:05 pm

mrslam wrote:I responded by saying, "championships are not won in November." That got the Suns fans pumped up and the Laker fans deflated a little bit."

Yeah...the Suns would know about that. :freak2:
nameant

Postby blocks on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 pm

nameant wrote:
mrslam wrote:I responded by saying, "championships are not won in November." That got the Suns fans pumped up and the Laker fans deflated a little bit."

That's what I thinking when I read that. :man11:
under pressure, you either bust pipes or make diamonds
blocks

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 pm

enigmatics from Real GM:
"The thing that pisses me off the most is watching these guys brush this off like they don't care. Where's the emotion? These are the f*ckin' LA Lakers.......our most hated rival....... I've seen more emotion in a d*mned chess match. For Christ sakes Porter, get a technical ........ players, get mad!!!"
Savory Griddles

Postby Lakers Advocate on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:27 pm

:man10: I love these Kind of Threads
Lakers Advocate

Postby Legendary on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Always a pleasure to see Suns fans in agony.
Legendary

Postby gcclaker on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Legendary wrote:Always a pleasure to see Suns fans in agony.

If things go as they should, the biggest pleasure would be seeing fans of THOSE GUYS in agony in June. To quote one Earvin "Magic" Johnson, this is a "business" year where we take care of everyone in the way to get there.

"We felt we gifted them one. Just be there, you bastards. We'll be there. You owe us one"
- Pat Riley [1987 season] from his book "Showtime"
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:21 pm

nameant wrote:

That guy probably wasn't even at the game. I mean seriously, he said the word "championship" as a Suns fan and the Laker fans got deflated :man10: :man10: :man10: Even with us getting blown out in game 6 we were in the finals. Suns fans should learn that they shouldn't even mention the word championship........EVER.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:49 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
nameant wrote:

That guy probably wasn't even at the game. I mean seriously, he said the word "championship" as a Suns fan and the Laker fans got deflated :man10: :man10: :man10: Even with us getting blown out in game 6 we were in the finals. Suns fans should learn that they shouldn't even mention the word championship........EVER.

Unless they're looking around wondering what type of banner isn't in their stadium...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:12 pm

I don't think there are enough Nuggets fans to find any good quotes tonight. I tried, came up empty.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:34 pm

Barnstable wrote:I don't think there are enough Nuggets fans to find any good quotes tonight. I tried, came up empty.

Yeah, most that I saw expected a loss and weren't too sad about it. We have severely owned them the past few years.
Daloyalfan18

Postby kray28 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:12 am

A lot of the Laker haters out there have basically conceded that the Lakers are one of the best teams. The best they can do is try take away credit from Kone owing to how much help he has.

The NBA thread on my favorite tech forum is pretty silent too. They won't say anything as long as the Lakers keep winning. All of them banded together in the great brotherhood of Laker haters when we lost in the Finals.
kray28

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:20 am

kray28 wrote:A lot of the Laker haters out there have basically conceded that the Lakers are one of the best teams. The best they can do is try take away credit from Kone owing to how much help he has.

The NBA thread on my favorite tech forum is pretty silent too. They won't say anything as long as the Lakers keep winning. All of them banded together in the great brotherhood of Laker haters when we lost in the Finals.

That is so true, I was just reading a post by a Spurs fan stating that he didn't mind if the Lakers won this year because Kobe has shown he can only win on a loaded team. :man3:
Daloyalfan18

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion