Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby kray28 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Weezy wrote:Dallas gambled and lost big time. They got rid of chandler and Barrea to sign Deron and others and they have struck out entirely, even lost Terry.

Nah, Cuban got his ring, saw the writing on the wall with the new CBA, and just decided to blow it up.
kray28

Postby XXIV on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Weezy wrote:Dallas gambled and lost big time. They got rid of chandler and Barrea to sign Deron and others and they have struck out entirely, even lost Terry.

They're still in good position for next year, but I don't see CP3 or Dwight commiting to them. Yea nevermind. :man10:
XXIV

Postby GNC on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Thank you Doc :bow:
GNC

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 pm

RealGM is mad. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: RealGM

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm

KeepBynum wrote:RealGM is mad.

It’s funny because the morons couldn’t figure out who had a better season last year, Nash or Bryant.
JUST-MING

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:31 pm

ahh the taste of doom.... soooooooooooooo nice.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:42 pm

No kidding....can you imagine how insane Cuban must be right now. He screwed the pooch with his strategy following their championship. Not one and done.....one and accidentally BLOWN UP. OOPS!!

More and more....Lamar turned out to be a Trojan Horse to the Mavs. Karma's a B---- for ganging up with Cleveland owner and Stern to screw the Lakers, Houston and New Orleans out of a legitimate, difficult deal to pull off.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes I forgot to say how sweet it is to take Nash from the Suns, now they hate us even more ha ha ha.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 am

It should be against the law to be this retarded.

Lakers homers are kidding themselves.

That Nets team would murder the Lakers. Lakers are nothing more than Dwight and bunch of players in the twilight of their careers.

Gasol is a shell of his former self. He puts up Kris Humphries type production. Nash is half of what he used to be. And Kobe isn't even efficient anymore. At 43% he's one of the least efficient superstars in the NBA. The fact that the Lakers need Hedo Turkoglu to start is even funnier. He shots like 37% last year. Good luck getting any production from the SF spot.
And all of the players I just named are going to get worse.

Deron, Dwight alone make the Nets have the best combination in the NBA. Add Johnson, Wallace, and Teletovic and its a rap.

The Lakers aging junk could not match up to two superstars in the prime of their career.

My response.

Deron/Dwight isn't the best combo in the league are you on drugs?

It's very easily Wade/James than Durant/Westbrook. Nash is every bit the player used to be. He's putting up the same ridiculous numbers he always has just doing it in less minutes. As for Kobe I guarantee he won't be inefficient with Nash. With all the easy buckets he'll get it wouldn't surprise me if Kobe shoot close to 50 percent. If you think Humphries is even half the player than Pau Gasol you're a moron.

Deron = Nash
Kobe >>>>> Johnson
Wallace > Turk
Gasol >>>>>> Humphries

RealGM
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby marcelo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 am

Wait.. I didn't understand anything of your exchange with this guy.. In that scenario, Dwight is with the Lakers or Nets? How did we get Turk?

i'm confused :man3:
marcelo

Postby nameant on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 am

Neither the original post nor the reply make any sense. You showed him.
nameant

Postby marcelo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:25 am

oh good.. I thought it was just me, English being my second language. I feel better now.
marcelo

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:28 am

How about some doom from Bill Simmons

Sources say this Nash/Lakers trade ruined my 4th of July.

https://twitter.com/sportsguy33/status/220718126382321664

:jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Phil XI on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:06 am

King Of Wang wrote:steve, this was the most heartbreaking and cold-hearted move an athlete could possibly do to me and any suns fan, and times 7489237492 that it came from you, my favorite player ever :'( I am absolutely crushed by this and don't know if i can ever forgive you.

but i want to thank you for the all the amazing and unforgettable moments you have given us in your 8 years as a Sun. you were in my opinion, the best and most valuable player in the league in all of your 8 years here, you were a true warrior and a great person on and off the court as well (until now)

you have been and will continue to be my favorite player, but i can no longer root for you to win that championship now that you have stomped on our hearts and joined the evil empire. that is an unforgivable sin and i hope you never make the playoffs again as long as you are a faker.

with all love
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby marcelo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 am

purp n gold wrote:How about some doom from Bill Simmons

I really enjoy his columns and podcasts. His hate for the Lakers is funny. Somehow you can't hate him for that. At least that's how I feel. Reaaally waiting to see what he'll write/say about this trade. Should be awesome.
marcelo

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 am

marcelo wrote:
purp n gold wrote:How about some doom from Bill Simmons

I really enjoy his columns and podcasts. His hate for the Lakers is funny. Somehow you can't hate him for that. At least that's how I feel. Reaaally waiting to see what he'll write/say about this trade. Should be awesome.

Agreed. My priorities are 1) Lakers and 2) NBA. I grew up the in 90s, the Lakers were not my first love (missed out on Showtime). Starter jackets/caps, SKYBOX basketball cards and NBA Jam were my first love... I really just like the league as a whole. In spite of being an avid Boston guy, Simmons really serves that "NBA fan" demographic in a great way. I love his takes on just about everything but the Celtics.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Legendary on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I wonder how Suns fans feel about the Nash trade? :man1:

I'm in shock. IMO this was worst case scenario. I now have to actively root against Nash, his entire legacy is tainted in my eyes. Disgusted.

F this, F the NBA, F sarver, F Babby...

With the 28th pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Phoenix Suns select (insert talentless European finess player with the suffix -ovic) . Oh the excitement... I want Nash to win a title but it's going to be awfully hard to see him celebrate with rapist Kobe and douchebag Bynum.

I don't know. Depending upon what they do with the rest of the team they are going to be just incredible offensively. I would have given my left nut to see Steve Nash/Gasol running the pick and roll together here. Steve Nash is going to get so many open shots on that team. If they can find a way to get player Howard now forget about it. They will easily be the favorites to win the next two championships. Without him I would still put them up there with OKC and Miami.

I hope Nash never wins another game in his life.

this is so screwed up

worst nightmare.

Yep, just sick to see Kobe and the rest of those clowns get another ring or 2. Hill will go there next.

Nash
Kobe
Hill
Gasol
Bynum

Simon says, championship.

Okay, i get all the good things about this trade. Yes, it's draft picks, yes, we are building for the future....

But it's the FRAKKING Lakers.

I'm all for us getting the benefits of trades, but sometimes it's not worth it when it means you have to watch Nash play for someone like the Lakers, right alongside Kobe.

Can you imagine if this were the Spurs? It's almost the same thing for me.

Logic be damned, I hate this trade.

Gutted. I'd prefer for Nash to retire, join the Heat or play hockey compared with this.

I won't be able to stomach him in a Lakers jersey.

I haven't even read what the Suns get in return, but this feels like selling the soul to the devil.

This is the lowest point in Suns history. Without question. Sarver is a movie villain at this point. I think he's been a double agent for the Lakers all along. I wish nothing but ill on him. He is a monster.

%$#@ I'm gonna be sick.

People think they are sick now? Just wait till Hill signs (inevitable) and they trade Bynum for Howard. We are going to get Heat/Lakers in the Finals.

Well it looks like Nash is going to put off his fishing trip next year until June.

...You're trying to tell me, for whom the Lakers have represented nothing shy of pure evil since 1979, to be happy about my favorite player in history putting on that purple and gold uniform and hugging a trophy, doused in champagne?...

I feel physically sick...
This just sucks all around. It's embarrassing that the best player in franchise history has to go to the Lakers to win a championship. And I predict that they will win it.

I'd like for Nash to have a special clause in his contract, allowing him to sit out regular season games against Phoenix.

You cant trade him to the Lakers... there has to be some perspective here. Its like your girlfriend of 5 years leaving you for the guy who she met while he was kicking your teeth in.

I'm rather shocked at myself... I've been anti-Lakers since they were in Minneapolis, but I think I'll root for them to win the title during Nash's time there. Then I hope that we hit the jackpot with those 4 lousy draft picks and stomp the holy crap out of them for a decade.

Id rather have lost him for nothing than see him become an f-ing Laker.

It sucks to see Steve go, but anytime you can have your holiday ruined by Lakers fans blowing up your phone and laughing at your team, it makes everything okay.

Does it mean D. Howard is going to Lakers?

I'd say the chances of that happening have greatly improved. The Suns might have just played a big part in building the next Lakers dynasty.

The Best I can wish for is Kobe goes down with an injury and the Lakers miss the playoffs, while Nash still does well. I would also like to see the Lakers not be able to get Howard that way they don't have any good players once, Kobe and Nash end their careers.

If you're happy about this deal, you're not a long-time Suns fan. You don't even know what it means to be a long-time Suns fan.

The fact that the picks won't amount to anything (which I promise, they won't) is not even factored into my hate.

If you're even looking at the logic of the deal, you not only don't understand the Suns, you don't understand sports.

Thanks for your input. Now go F yourself

We just handed the LA Lakers a great shot at another championship or two. They should have had to sacrifice more for it. I feel like the Memphis grizzlies right now.

Go to hell Robert Sarver. I'm done with this franchise. Fan since the early 90s

I am a Phoenix Suns fan first and foremost. The fact the we are starting to rebuild and people are crying like Charlie Sheen after hes been sold baby powder.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

Calm down people, step away from the ledge and renew your prescriptions.
Legendary

Postby Finwë on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:35 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Excellent. :bow:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh man that was some good stuff, kinda takes away some of the sting of that Tim Thomas 3 to tie game 5 in '06.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:21 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

It's even funnier because some of those Suns fans actually sound pretty smart, but those same smart ones are also trying to get the rest off the cliff
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby DaBumt on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Legendary wrote:I wonder how Suns fans feel about the Nash trade? :man1:

I'm in shock. IMO this was worst case scenario. I now have to actively root against Nash, his entire legacy is tainted in my eyes. Disgusted.

F this, F the NBA, F sarver, F Babby...

I am going to buy a Nash Lakers jersey just to wear to my sisters house, who lives in Phoenix.
It's official, Blake Griffin has convinced me to jump on the Clippers bandwagon. I am now slightly more willing to go to a Clippers game than a Sparks game.
DaBumt

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't get the amount of hate the Suns (and the fans) have for the Lakers. They act like it's some sort of Celtics-Lakers rivalry. I sure as hell wouldn't be throwing a fit if Kobe was in the same situation and went to the Suns. If we went to the Celtics? Yeah then I would be pissed.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby juninho on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm

lol canadians are mad
juninho

Postby kray28 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 pm

The words: Kobe Nash now have a new meaning.
kray28

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion