Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby blakeruns on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 pm

we did watch him grow, but not grow enough imo. happy for the memories, have fun on the east coast drew :wave:
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
revgen wrote:Does anyone have a link for the Sixers forum?

(I only tease b/c I love, rev)

:man10:

Sorry, rev but that was hilarious.

:man10:
Legendary

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
this DOOM is so epic (though that may be redundant lol)
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ianxcom on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

i am cracking up over here!

best doom evar!
Goodbye Odom, you will be missed
Ianxcom

Location: We always think there's something better in the place we are not, In dreams the reality of it all...

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Come on....quit slacking ( :man12: ).....where are Cuban's first words when he heard it go down?????
:man10: :man10:

Thank you Lamar. :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby vic5150 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 pm

I wasn't too excited to get Howard but now he's here so I'll roll with him. It's the name on the front not the back that counts. Let's get it in Lakers!
Black Dynamite: "I'm declaring war on anyone who sells drugs in the community!"
Chocolate Giddy-Up: "But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs in the community!"
vic5150

Postby Barnstable on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:49 pm

I feel good for the Lakers, their fanbase has suffered so much, they haven't won a championship in over 2 years now, they were due for a break

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 pm

WOW, I'm literally teary eyed from laughing at these posts. These people are comedic geniuses, lmao!

Give us more doom!!!! :jam2: :man10:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 pm

I love it. The nba crying like little girls again. Order has been restored in the basketball world.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Legendary on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

A little bit of Clipper DOOM...their 8 fans aren't very happy:

I haven't said the F word this loud in a while.

Bad news guys: deal is done. Lakers got Dwight Howard. Deal will be sent to the NBA for approval tomorrow.

How is this going to affect the Clipper's chances?

Unless dj develops into Hakeem overnight, we got 0% chance. This is why the lakers have top notch front office and the only thing we could be proud of is Jamal crawford

So I keep hearing Gasol isn't involved now !? Is this really happenning ? :/

The worst part is that DH fits in better with a player like Gasol than Bynum ever did. Crap, Parish-McHale 2.0.

Howard is content just playing d and will do it with pride. Something Bynum never took pride in. I can't think of any starting line up in the league who can compete with the lakers

The center legacy continues in Laker land....oh me oh my. Damn.

A lot of "you ain't a real Clipper fan" bickering going on within the JV fanbase:

U should follow baron davis to retirement. I'll pay for the retirement home jersey ok

Nope, I love this team and love what they have done this offseason. You can go back to praising the lakers' front office. Somehow, I think you'll be watching a lot more Lakers games. That's OK too. I ain't mad at you.

This sucks. With Pau this is another super team. they have four legitimate active allstars.

Admittedly they don't have a bench. DJ will get eaten like a Big Mac. Nash will improve Pau's offense by 5ppg.

We have big problems. They could easily be WCon champs.

freakin espn already talking about a parade

Pau is NOT included in the deal.

I don't get it. How could Lakers could afford all four of Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash. Would they be over the cap by now?

This is horrible for the Clippers. D12 goes to the fakers, both Denver and the fakers get better, making the West much tougher.
Legendary

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 pm

They mad? Yeah, they mad.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby gcclaker on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:They mad? Yeah, they mad.

...somewhere local hacks Simers and Plaschke are feeling bad for them. Can't wait to read their dismissive articles about it.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:50 pm

A level-headed opinion from a Cavs fan who understands what we do, and how we do it:

That is what makes the Lakers, The Lakers.

A rebuild for them is always about upgrading and going forward. never in reverse. Even in their "down" years they make the moves that makes them better for that year.

They arent content with having the 2nd best center in the league when they can get the best.

If they lose howard to free agency. then they just move on looking for the next piece and hope they get a ring out of that year.

they set the standard high. which is good for the NBA because it forces their competitors to push the envelope as well.
Legendary

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 am

Spurstalk doom.
So they swapped [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tits for Howard and get to keep Gasol?

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Don't care. They still wont do [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Agreed.

Nash is old and banged up. Kobe is old and banged up. Gasol doesn't care anymore etc.

It seems that they wont have a losing roster for more than 2 years. Remember from 05-07? Then they got Gasol

2nd round exit, calling it now.

what a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] scam

when the potential trade involved the lakers swapping out bynum and gasol for howard and harrington, that was tolerable. but getting howard and keeping gasol? rofl, every team in the league is just lining up to give the lakers a blowjob.

The rest of the league is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

can the Lakers acquire all the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in the NBA?

it's gonna be so awesome when they collapse and fail.

Seriously why even give a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and have a league anymore? Might as well just have LA, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Boston in the league and that's it...

When's the next lockout?

Oh why not, they are gifted another piece and give up basically Bynum for a DPOY and ALL Star C. I hope they fall flat on their damn faces next year.

The brain of Magic's manager is full of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Gasol in 2008. Howard in 2012.

Lakers just get anyone they want so easily.

5% chance Spurs beating the lakers (if la is healthy).

The worst part of this is that the last time the Lakers pulled a move like this, the Spurs knee-jerk reaction was to trade for Richard Jefferson...

I hate the lakers. any time they decide to reload it just happens.

I don't really give a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] if LA got Howard. Our team is mainly based on perimeter shooting anyway. The only guy who drives the paint is Parker. LA has no one who can keep up with our perimeter players. I wouldn't be surprised if we swept them next season.

I cant wait for the first Spurs-Lakers game and Bonner is the first big off the bench to guard Dwight Howard. Bleh!

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Lakers always seem to get whoever the hell they want! Then I always have to hear the Spurs are getting a second round draft pick, or some player that was good like 10 years ago.It's all [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. For once I'd like to hear the Spurs got someone in the midst of they're prime, another star player. Seems like it'll never happen tbh.

Howard to Fakers, while they keep Gasol, is dirty and obvious. Everyone involved with Magic knows this. If I lived anywhere near Orlando, I'd boycott this thievery and never ever buy a ticket for the rest of my life... It's another colllusive trade done to keep LA in the game, and horribly [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] laden. Someone is getting a big payoff....

I've always thought there are underhanded deals going down between owners / execs. I'm talking about agreeing to sell prime real estate, side business deals, etc., personal interst type things.

How else do you explain teams continuously bending over backwards and taking the raw end of deals all the time with LA?

No post game. No passing game. Can't shoot freethrows. Just coming off back surgery. And it's not like he'll improve the Lakers interior defense exponentially from what it was this past season. The slight gain the Lakers receive in rebounding and interior defense isn't worth the loss of Bynum's skills in the post.

Lol [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Lakers fans actually think the most overrated player of the past decade is going to bring them another title.

You'll realize how overrated Howard is by mid-season.

lol renting a brokedown mercedes for one year
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 am

Sounds like a lot of scared denial from Spurs fans.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 am

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby gcclaker on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 am

Ras Algethi wrote:Sounds like a lot of scared denial from Spurs fans.

Whistling loudly while walking through a graveyard...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

Are some of these fans for real? They can see the Spurs sweeping us next season? :man10: Get real, I know we have some homer Laker fans too, but come on get real, nobody is sweeping a team of Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Howard with Jamison as the 6th man.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 am

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
This was not the way I wanted to wake up.

LOL
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 am

Weezy wrote:Are some of these fans for real? They can see the Spurs sweeping us next season? :man10: Get real, I know we have some homer Laker fans too, but come on get real, nobody is sweeping a team of Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Howard with Jamison as the 6th man.

I can't wait till Howard's overrated a** dunks all over the Spurs. :man10:

Wait 3 years for the Spurs to fade into mediocrity forever as their star fades away and Pop retires.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:22 am

Lmao I love this doom :jam2: Especially about getting sweeped or not making it and being overrated. They must forgot when players come L.A. we turn guys like Trevor Ariza and Shannon Brown into NBA champions lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

Bill Simmons always delivers :man10:
It's good to see some DOOM :hungry: and Legendary doing work :jam2:
kenzo

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 am

This is such GLORIOUS doom!!! So good!! Keep it coming. :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 am

Rockets fans, who thought they actually had a chance in all of this, are in a bit of a bad mood. Oh..what's that?...Yes, the Lakers jacked you:

Now that Dwight Howard is going to go the Lakers I am about to give up on the NBA. It's clear to me this league is fixed and we (Rockets) aren't part of the in crowd.

You're not an nba fan!!!!!!!!!!!
I want heat v Lakers

signed,
the commissar, dbags and tools.

And the broke get broke...

I'm not going to give up on the NBA yet, but this is discouraging. The Lakers get Howard straight up for Bynum without giving up Pau or anything.

Tell you one thing: Outside of the Rockets (and maybe OKC), I'll be watching a LOT less of the NBA next regular season (which is probably a good thing for me). May as well join many casual fans and put the NBA mostly on pause until the post-season.

Some1 please explain to me why the Lakers didn't even have to take one bad contract? There's definitely something fishy about this deal, it must be something under the table.

And something else. You just know that Durant is watching this and taking notes. It's a three superstar formula, and how is OK getting that third star?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.

So how long until NBAStore.com goofs up again and releases a Heat vs Lakers finals t-shirt prematurely?....

Heat v. OKC Finals rematch OP. Lakers aren't beating OKC.

Perkins match up great with Dwight every matchup. KD and WB are a year older, and better. Kobe is another year older, and we're seeing how he's playing in the Olympics. He still requires a ton of shots to be effective. And they still don't have a bench. OKC will beat them in 6 or 7 rather than 4 or 5.

I guess you forgot they have Steve Nash?
Legendary

Postby Legendary on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 am

Alright everybody, I'm tapped out tonight (Gotta get up in a few hours for work)...

Let's see more of you contributing to this thread though...o.k.?...and I'm sure that will happen once the actual season starts. But anyway...sleep tight Laker fans...today was a good day for us.

(Unless I wake up tomorrow and Stern veto'd this s*** too.) :man12:

Peace out.
Legendary

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion