Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 am

:man10:

Poor Houston. They did everything they could to land a premier Center and they struck out on Howard, Bynum, and even Gasol.

:man10: Man... Tough day.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:57 am

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Poor Houston. They did everything they could to land a premier Center and they struck out on Howard, Bynum, and even Gasol.

:man10: Man... Tough day.

And they gutted their team too!! Hahahaha!! :man10: :man10:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby GoldHammish on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 am

therealdeal wrote: :man10: Man... Tough day.

Just one bad day......
GoldHammish

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 am

Legendary wrote:Alright everybody, I'm tapped out tonight (Gotta get up in a few hours for work)...

Let's see more of you contributing to this thread though...o.k.?...and I'm sure that will happen once the actual season starts. But anyway...sleep tight Laker fans...today was a good day for us.

(Unless I wake up tomorrow and Stern veto'd this s*** too.) :man12:

Peace out.

Have a good one! I'm sure we'll all be talking about this much more tomorrow when the likes of the LA media (Mason and Ireland and Company) talk about this. I'm also hoping that tomorrow we hear or get word as to when the press conference might be which I'm assuming will be next Monday or Tuesday.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:02 am

record number of power forwards they have that
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 am

When non Lakers fans around the league are so delusional , it means great things are coming ...

Spurs fans are the worst , such a contrast with a classy organization
wcsoldier81

Postby Evo4Emperor on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:22 am

this is from a 49ers forum i regularly visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by widereceiver19
ppg is a meaningless stat!!!!!!! He played for the terrible Cavs and was their leading scorer? Not impressed.

Barnes gets more rebounds, shoots better (true shooting), and plays better defense. I don't care about 10 playoff games, I care about the whole season. Barnes is better than Jamison and I hate Barnes and love Tawn.

a person response to the above statement...
Well for some reason Kupchak thought signing Jamison and letting Barnes walk was the better option.

I think I'll trust the GM over the warrior fan, sorry.

another one....

"welp, honestly i cant see anyone beating LAL, i love my heat, but even if wade comes back revamped i cant see it happening, LAL have the best defensive player in the game and 3 of the best offensive players in the game, how do you stop that?"
Evo4Emperor

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 am

Just watch. Gasol is being kept as a trading chip to bring DWill to L.A. at the trade deadline. Kobe to the three, Jamison to the four until the off-season.

Deron and Dwight together at last.

Then watch the doom go off the charts.
Alleyhoops

Postby borri on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 am

You aint seen nothing yet. Watch the doom when CP3 walks from the Drippers and joins D12 in purple and gold. A big middle finger to Stern and Co.
borri

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 am

Kingsfans board

Much like death and taxes, you can always count on the Lakers being gift wrapped a superstar, or 2, whenever their window has shut. What the F was ORL thinking. What an absolutely horrendousl trade for them. The most laughable part was the protected picks they got back. How are you going to give up Howard and get protected picks from 3 very good teams? !

This is ****ing outRAGEOUS!

This is a MUCH more lopsided trade than the Chris Paul one the NBA nixed. 4 teams contributing to the Lakers getting rid of Bynum's albatross contract and getting Dwight freaking Howard out of the deal is a complete and utter joke.
This was highway robbery.
Dwight put the Magic over a barrel and just dictated that some huge city was going to take advantage of his need to front-run to get a championship.

This destabilizes the NBA even MORE than it is now, and drives home the reality that the big cities will always just take the best players in the NBA fro the teams that drafted them.

I hope the NBA leadership is happy now, because they've just put a stake in the heart of any semblance of parity in the league.
The only thing stopping the Lakers from the NBA Finals is Kobe finally getting his long-deserved season-ending injury at some point this season.

What a ****ing joke. Get ready for a Lakers-Heat Finals.....and I can't stand the Heat. Might be time to become an NHL fan or something.

It looks like Kobe is destined to get that 6th championship ring to be at par with MJ.

crap! there goes DeMarcus' shot at starting all star center

How is this even possible? O well... bring em on i guess. Just that much sweeter when we kick their ***!

It is an NBA tradition that the Lakers have the best center of any given era. There is something about this trend that stinks yet nothing could be proven that the NBA assists this kind of thing in any way. Mikan was a Laker and he was the first real center. Then they get Jabbar, Chamberlain, Shaq, Pau, Howard, and I am sure I have missed some. The best inevitably ends up with the Lakers. Perhaps 10 years from now they will have Boogie. Maybe it's just that they can afford it but so can other cities.

Several conspiracy theories have floated about and this is the only one I can get behind.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 am

If any one you guys listen to ESPN LA radio shows, I can't wait to hear what that snotty Jeff from Tarzana has to say now. :man10:
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 am

Just remembered by vetoing the CP3 trade, it totally backfired on Stern and we basically are better off than if it went through.

Bynum/Gasol/Odom for CP3 & Dwight

or

Bynum/Odom for Dwight & Nash

I'll take option 2 and keep the twin towers presence in effect.

F U STERN.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ibeo on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:39 am

yep ty stern! good basketball reasons after all! well played
ibeo

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:16 am

I feel good for the Lakers, their fanbase has suffered so much, they haven't won a championship in over 2 years now, they were due for a break

:man10: :man10: :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kray28 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 am

The Stern veto in many ways played out like Boston getting KG. In the short run, it was bad (or felt bad)...in the long term it was super good.
kray28

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:07 am

I agree with Kray. I didn't even like the first deal that much, to be honest. Now, this new team I like very much.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chopper on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:08 am

wow, if this happened earlier, if ORlando didn't drag it out, then the Lakers would have been the top choice for all FAs in the summer.

Who knows, maybe Lamar would have begged to come back and Ray Allen too ha ha
Chopper

Postby Forklift on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 am

we need to rehire Kareem to teach Dwight some moves can you image Dwight with Bynum's skill set :man4:
Forklift

Postby kray28 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:31 am

Alleyhoops wrote:Just watch. Gasol is being kept as a trading chip to bring DWill to L.A. at the trade deadline. Kobe to the three, Jamison to the four until the off-season.

Deron and Dwight together at last.

Then watch the doom go off the charts.

Why would we get DWill when we have Nash on the team? And we're not exactly paying Nash peanuts either.
kray28

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:56 am

Anyone got Grant Hill doom?

You'd figure a Duke educated person, who went ring chasing this year, would have made a smarter decision.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 am

Doc Brown wrote:Anyone got Grant Hill doom?

You'd figure a Duke educated person, who went ring chasing this year, would have made a smarter decision.

Especially the fact that he went to the Clippers. The Clippers? Really? :freak2:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:01 am

Haha, looks like Duke education is overrated after all :man9:
kenzo

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:03 am

I'm waiting for a Grant Hill "Y U No Tell Me U Getting Dwight Too" meme...Ray Allen too. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:07 am

Alright these comments are from the Cowboys forum I'm registered at.

I expect there to be a lot of new Laker fans soon.

atleast they cant use the lebron needed help line anymore. this dude got howard, gasol and nash :man10:

the lakers are gonna be really good, but far from unbeatable, thats still 3 guys that are getting up there in age and could regress massively at any moment, plus a guy coming off a serious back injury. they might be the favorites now, but i wouldnt pencil them into the finals.

Love how the every NBA team just bends over backwards to make the Lakers better, what a joke the NBA has become

Orlando's return looks like what you come back with on your tray from the cheap Mexican buffet. A little sampling of a wide array of nothing much. They didn't even bother to raise the flag.

They're trying their best to buy a championship..we'll see if it works out

FU Lakers ... i hate you. This is rediculous ... this is worse than the Gasol trade (the lakers gave up nothing cause they had nothing) ... this crap is fixed. And this is probably the last of my NBA watching ... between the Cuban and the Mavs sellout and the Lakers having 4 all-stars ... im done. Noone can compete cause the Lakers just have anyone they want ... screw the rules. Why did they even bother to block CP3 to the Lakers ... They will get him anyway in 2 years. The Lakers are WORSE than the Yankees cause the whole league just lets the lakers do whatever they want.

That last one cracked me up. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Clevername on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 am

I'm almost crying laughing over all these conspiracy theories. Is that what they really honestly think? There's a thousand reasons why players would want to be a Laker, and Mitch is the best damn GM in the league.

MORE DOOM PLEASE!
Clevername

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion