Doomsday: Fan reaction of other teams in here!

Re: Doomsday: Please put fan reaction of other teams in here

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Max and Marcellus :man10: JarJar Binks
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby XXIV on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm

jimbo327 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Aw man I can't wait to see a promo picture or something of Kobe, Pau, Nash, and Howard standing together in the same photo. Gives me chills.

They are going go come out of the floor at Staples Center with music and smoke. :man10:

They should play the same music as the heat and Dwight should start the "Not 1, not 2, ..." :man10:
XXIV

Postby Murdock on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:31 am

Interesting ... people are still mad for Gasol trade, I guess they forget we gave up Marc Gasol in return, dude is legit player in NBA, it wasn't for nothing ... anyway this doom is golden :D :man13:
Murdock

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:28 am

Wow WTF, is Orlando the training camp for laker centers?

:man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:53 am

Here's a late entry, but this Suns DOOM is full of so much bitterness...I had to post it:

lols....perfect time to rebuild

Nash/Kobe/Who the Hell Cares/Gasol/Howard

looks like we'll have either the last or 2nd to last pick in the draft next season.

Just when I thought it was psychologically impossible to hate the Lakers any more...

Nash-Bryant-Artest-Gasol-Howard?!?!?!?!?

For real?!?!?

Damn! That's a guaranteed ring. Defensively, Nash is their only weakness. There's NO way MIA or anyone in the East can hang with that...

I don't see how you can possibly be surprised by this.. This is how the Lakers have been conducting trades for decades now.. And Stern allows it.. If they did give up a lot I would have been shocked.. NBA never changes except for the stars the lakers get..

If the commissioner cared about the good of the game he would block this trade... but he won't.

Wow and they didn't even have to give up Gasol. I don't see how Stern could approve this and not approve the Chris Paul deal. Oh well at least MIA winning another title isn't guaranteed now.

If Stern allows this trade, the rest of the league should vote him out.

What a ****ing joke

Maybe the commissioner should give the super teams a bye and let the Washington Generals of the NBA play the regular season.

I hope the next time Dwight takes a dump his surgically repaired spine slithers out his butt and makes him, literally, the most spineless player in history.

But seriously, I really hope that Dwight's back turns him into a shell of the player he was.

The NBA is working really really hard to make me despise it.

It's just like the Gasol trade. Other teams think, "Okay, our star big man wants out, should we identify the highest bidder or just give him to the Lakers? Ah, screw it, we'll just give him to the Lakers."

Blame the other teams GM's and owners for endlessly filling the Lakers coffers. Don't know why I'm surprised, but I always am everytime these idiots trade gems for **** to the Lakers.

NBA makes me sick... Thankfully football is starting.

Why bother playing the season for the non Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Thunder group? The rest of us have to look forward to signing guys like Luis Scola and Shannon Brown... NBA sucks.

When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember.

This is the poster child with what is wrong with the NBA. Why watch next season? It will be Miami and the Lakers and IMO The Suns and Orlando just handed the Lakers another title.

This is the Lakers telling the world.....FU and your no more Super teams. This is simply bad for the NBA.

The Lakers are the NBA's version of Kate Upton..... Everyone else will do anything to get a chance to get into bed with them.

Now Kobe has a chance to match Pippen's 6 rings.

When I heard this last night my level of surprise was zero. I'd blame the Lakers' Jedi mind tricks, but the simple reality is that they were patient and confident while Orlando panicked. The Lakers know that even though they can't outspend like the Yankees because of the salary cap, they are nonetheless in continual position to benefit from the discontent of stars in most other markets.

So Nash is really going to get his ring now. I guess that is a silver-lining. Other than that, can someone explain why people keep giving the Lakers good players for next-to-nothing?

Gonna be very interesting to see if the Lakers don't win it all next year, will their 3 and a half men get the same treatment Miami got after their 1st season of LeBron, Bosh and Wade.

No, because I can guarantee they aren't going to come out before the season and dance around like clowns and predict "No 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." like the boneheads in Miami did. So far "Miami's Big 3" has won one strike-shortened title. Um...big whoop.

Or Dwight's back never really recovers and this submarines the final years of Kobe's career.

this would prove the existence of God.

Which will immediately be disproved by the Lakers acquisition of Chris Paul for two 2059 first round draft picks.
Legendary

Postby kray28 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 am

These idiots seem to not understand why Stern was able to veto the CP3 trade. Basically the one trade he could veto, he made damn well sure he did.
kray28

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 pm

They also don't understand that we didn't give up "nothing." We gave the second best player in the deal. It's not our fault Orlando didn't want/end up with him.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby therealdeal on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Love it. People are so upset... Don't worry. This is just what we do. We acquire talent and then flip that talent for more talent. And then use that talent to win championships. And in the meantime, we keep acquiring more talent. Then when all of our talent has run dry... we start again.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:Love it. People are so upset... Don't worry. This is just what we do. We acquire talent and then flip that talent for more talent. And then use that talent to win championships. And in the meantime, we keep acquiring more talent. Then when all of our talent has run dry... we start again.

Well played...that was very Allen Iverson-esque :man10:
nthydro

Postby gcclaker on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:47 pm

therealdeal wrote:Love it. People are so upset... Don't worry. This is just what we do. We acquire talent and then flip that talent for more talent. And then use that talent to win championships. And in the meantime, we keep acquiring more talent. Then when all of our talent has run dry... we start again.

Yes, less than intuitive fans think that the Laker brass sits by the phone, don't have to think and great players are delivered on a silver platter. Ignorance on top of jealousy.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Gman1979 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:26 pm

LOL! this is classic

So are the Orlando Magic now the official farm team of the LA Lakers?
Gman1979

Postby kray28 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Gman1979 wrote:LOL! this is classic

So are the Orlando Magic now the official farm team of the LA Lakers?

We even played our farm team in the Finals after they beat the LeBrons.
kray28

Postby John3:16 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:35 pm

I like this one: "When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember."
John3:16

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Classic DOOM.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dood23 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:11 pm

You can spot ignorance when you see people calling for Stern to veto the trade :bang:
dood23

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:12 pm

My fav thread
D.B. Cooper

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:19 pm

John3:16 wrote:I like this one: "When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember."

Shaq for garbage. That is the lesson why I think Orlando did not want big contracts coming in. We didn't really profit from that lopsided trade because we got to take in Grant's contract.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Shadow on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:21 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:I like this one: "When was the last time the Lakers made a bad trade? I can't remember."

Shaq for garbage. That is the lesson why I think Orlando did not want big contracts coming in. We didn't really profit from that lopsided trade because we got to take in Grant's contract.

Not really.. Shaq got us Butler/Odom, Butler got us Kwame, and Kwame got us Gasol. Not to mention, not having Shaq that year and missing the playoffs helped us get Bynum in the draft, in which as we know now, Bynum got us Howard. So trading Shaq really is not as bad as it seems.
Shadow

Postby dmaul on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 pm

^ It seems with Kupchak that you cannot grade his moves for several years at the least. Yes, at the time, I thought what we got back for Shaq was garbage and we could've gotten more. In retrospect, was that not a brilliant move by Mitch? Shaq for Odom and Gasol and two championships which has now morphed into Shaq for two championships, Gasol and Nash, and the possibility of another championship.

The Shaq move is definitely a fine wine that gets better with time.
dmaul

Postby kray28 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

In the long run it was not a bad trade. It was probably the best trade we could have gotten. No equal value, but valuable pieces we use for further moves. We were able to amnesty half of Shaq's salary a season later when he dumped Brian Grant's contract. We traded Caron for Kwame who eventually turned into Pau. Lamar ended up being an indispensable part of the team with Drew's health problems, and the 1st rounder we got from Miami turned out to be Farmar...who like it or not was a valuable bench player for us for both three Finals trips (people's dissatisfaction with Blake should help underscore how valuable Farmar really was)
kray28

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 pm

John asked so I answered no need to connect subsequent moves to justify it. It was really bad at the time. No Laker fan was happy with it. We could have a better deal but Kobe would be a Clip if we waited to trade fat bastard.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:21 pm

kray28 wrote:These idiots seem to not understand why Stern was able to veto the CP3 trade. Basically the one trade he could veto, he made damn well sure he did.

Reading between the lines you can almost sense some bitterness :what: ........in addition to not getting that technicality with the midget in the league's front office.
LTLakerFan

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 pm

If we didn't give up Shaq we never would have drafted Bynum and thus we never would have Dwight Howard. It's the trade that keeps on giving :man10:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Scnottaken on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 am

SOAD wrote:If we didn't give up Shaq we never would have drafted Bynum and thus we never would have Dwight Howard. It's the trade that keeps on giving :man10:

Or Nash, or Pau, for that matter.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby vaylen on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 am

I can understand that Phoenix is torn between wanting to see Nash win and knowing it also means the picks they got aren't just low 1st round picks, but the LAST pick of the round.

Don't worry, Phoenix, Mike Brown will try to help you out with that draft pick.... I just think Kobe & Company won't let him :man9:
Last edited by vaylen on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
vaylen

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion