Double Team KG?

Double Team KG?

Postby BDG on Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:15 am

I was wondering if you guys think we should double up on KG. It looks like whenever we put two guys on him, he gets trapped. We started doin that in the 4th in game 3, but it was too late. I think if we double up on him early, his rhythm will be messed up. He has no supporting cast to kick it out to when he's doubled (with the exception of Troy Hudson), so I think it would mess up his game if we got up into Garnett's grill. Tell me what yall think
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:57 am

We have to be selective with who we leave to double KG. If we leave Wally or Troy we sink, if we leave Jackson and Smith on the perimeter, we are in luck. We should look at game film of the t-wolves strategy on Shaq and duplicate it on KG. Let them get a taste of their own medicine!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:08 am

No not KG, let him get his points, because he is one of those players that will get his points no matter how many defenders are on him. We must look out for Hudson, he is the point gaurd, and he controls the tempo of his team, take that away, the team is stunned quite a bit.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Hudson did nothing in the 4th
he plays great ball but turns it over too much!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:18 pm

That's why the Clips let Hudson go for McInnis a couple seasons ago. He turns the ball over too much. He's a great shooter, he just can't hang when the game is on the line.... Lakers baby!!!!!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:50 am

stopping hudson i think is the key to defeating the wolves, not only in the 4th quarter but for the whole game...he can be stopped like he was in game 1
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:31 pm

i wouldn't be so fast to praise the general management of the clippers. this is the same team that let go of guys like danny manning, ron harper and even jeff mcginnis for nothing. it's not elgin baylor's fault, it's cuz donald sterling is selfish and does nothing to help his team. that's why i'm glad to be supportin the real nba team of la.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Lakers Discussion