double teams?????

double teams?????

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 am

Why is it that every single possesion of the every game that dwight touches the ball every team we play sends a double team at him? why is it that at least 8 of every 10 possesions that kobe touches the ball the team we play sends a double team at him the entire game yet when we are going against other stars in the league we NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER send a double team to slow down their hot players or star player? this is not just a MDA coaching thing but i also never saw us double the ball out of a stars hands even with mike brown. Now is this the ego of the players not wanting to ask for help to double the ball out of other stars hands and wanting to go mano a mano or is this the coaches? we continue to let the westbrooks, irvings, williams ect... destroy us instead of making lesser players beat us. i am baffled by this.
makes no sense to me that when we are getting torched by these p&r guards we just don't double the ball out of their hands.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Re: double teams?????

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 am

Speaking of double teams, I hate that we always double useless players that we shouldn't be doubling in the first place, only to leave another man open for a wide open dunk/layup

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 am

dont we have to be able to rotate on D in order to double. were playing 5 on 5 and getting smoked bc we dont rotate. what would happen on the other side of the double team when its 4 on 3...theyd get a open look thats what.
Ariza3

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 am

Yep. A double team on the right man requires that two of our guys must be thinking the same smart thing at once!! How likely is that?
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby kenzo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Yep. A double team on the right man requires that two of our guys must be thinking the same smart thing at once!! How likely is that?

I would say about 0.785664%
kenzo

Return to Lakers Discussion