Draft the High Schoolers?

Draft the High Schoolers?

Postby Laker brain on Tue May 20, 2003 11:21 am

James Lang if you have not heard is a project that can molded into the next thing, he has great hands and at 315lbs he is a great defensive rebounder, although his leaping ability is at a fair level, he is losing weight, he used to be 350lbs, He should be available. Also Kendrick Perkins and my favorite because of his athlethicism is Travis Outlaw, Outlaw is a SF I thik he is listed at 6'8 and he can dunk, this guy can touch the top of the backboard, he needs to improve his shooting just like lebron, if he bulked up the next T-Mac, Did I mention at 16 he played against Q. Woods from Portland and held him to like 4-15 shooting, and did a windmill straight at him. (Woods has no D). This was at the Famous Rucker Park

What y'all think?

Do y'all know these cats?

I've seen them play, I like Outlaw but Lang and Perkins are good also
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 20, 2003 12:45 pm

I heard of Travis Outlaw. I think he would be a possible pick if we package RUSH and our #24 draft pick to move up. He is projected in he late teens of the draft because his shot is suspect. But I definitely like his athletic skills and he supposely has major HOPPS!!! They have him down simliar to Darius Miles.... which wouldn't be bad. I definitely think he wouldn't be worse than K. RUSH. OUTLAW stands at a solid 6'8" 195 lbs.
runs like a greyhound. I think with the long arms we can turn him into another Michael Cooper type, if he dedicates himself to defense.
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/travisoutlaw.htm :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Kobe our Real MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 20, 2003 9:03 pm

LeBron James :man13:

:man10:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 20, 2003 9:19 pm

I wish LeBron!! LMAO! Hey if they got skillz then do it! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue May 20, 2003 10:45 pm

Lets not go the high school route just yet. We have a great team right now and the addition of some special free agents will just put us on top. We need some impact rookies to help us win titles now, instead of 10 years from now. Lets take advantage of the fact that Shaq is 31 and can still dominate for 3-5 years. Let's not rebuild with high schoolers, but instead re-tool with players like Dwayne Wade. Move up in the draft Mitch!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion