Draftees on June 26

Draftees on June 26

Postby obfxkg21 on Sat May 31, 2003 4:50 pm

June 26 will soon be here. Are there any thoughts on who will be the 24th and 32 pick in the draft?
obfxkg21

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 31, 2003 9:08 pm

Here are the players I don't mind getting in this order of preference.

1. Luke Ridnour
2. Travis Outlaw
3. James Lang
4. Kendrick Perkins

The only way we can get Luke Ridnour is to package both our picks and get a higher pick.

Outlaw, Lang, and Perkins should fall in the 24-32 range where the Lakers should pick.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Sat May 31, 2003 9:47 pm

personally i think hinrich would better than ridnour

Postby Trojan Warrior on Sat May 31, 2003 10:03 pm

I would rather get a skilled european than those last to HS players. I dont mind Outlaw. What we need is somebody who can contribute right away. we need help and PF, SF, PG. SF is going to be thin because Fox is going to start out on the IR. Ebi would be better than Perking and Lang.
Trojan Warrior

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:54 am

The only reason I luve James Lang is the scouting reports that he is determined around the basket and his tenacity is comparable to none. We all know that he has the size and physical skill at 6'10 305. Reports also says that he is agile at that size. We are not talking about Benoit Benjamin or Luther Wright here, this could be a good PF/C to groom. I also luv the European big man. If we can a Gasol, Dirk, and Peja typ then I'm happy. However, what if we get a Nikoloz Tshikvili instead. That would be a bad way to go at it.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Trojan Warrior on Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 pm

Whats all this stuff about reports. Reports say this and that. Have you seen him play. They keep replaying the McDonalds All Star game with him in it. Check it out. I was not very impressed. Think a slightly taller Robert Tractor Traylor. Thats about it
Trojan Warrior

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:49 pm

Actually I saw that game, 7 of 8 on the field, and 12+ rebounds in 19 mins. is not impressive to you. That looks ok to me. I know that it is a high school game, but he will improve. Talent and size cannot be taught, everything else he will get by coaching in the NBA level. Don't knock the reports, cause that's all you have if you want to know the European players. You said that you rather get a player from Europe, well how do you know that they are better than Lang. Unless you live in Europe and actually see a game, European players are still a mystery. The draft is a gamble. You can't predict who is going to turn out good and bad.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:04 pm

Looks to me that JAMES LANG might have some weight issues (according to reports) which he has been battling with for awhile. I have not seen him play so I can't cast judgement but according to reports he is solid and with some work could develop into a Malik Rose type player. I hope he gets more commited to the game and watches his weight. I like Travis Outlaw's athleticism a lot. I think that would be a solid pick-up for the Lakers. I think if the LAKERS are certain that ARENAS will come we will most likely to pass up on LUKE.

*one upside not noted with JAMES LANG... he can be SHAQS eating buddy... lol

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Trojan Warrior on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:02 pm

Luke Rid. will not drop down to the Lakers. Plus hes not even the type of pg the Lake Show needs. A bargain pick up would be Antonio Daniels. Still young and very atlethic. By doing that we could spend the Mid level exception on Howard, Brown, or Malone. That wouldnt be a bad way to go although I do really like Paytons Heart. I think people are overlooking Antonio Daniels. He is a big PG too. Thats what Phil Loves.
Trojan Warrior

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:04 pm

Nah, theres no need for Daniels once LA gets Payton or Arenas.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:18 pm

Totally agree DA. Payton and Arenas are the priorities. Daniels is just added depth and skill, once we add either one of the first two.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to Lakers Discussion