Dumb and Unnecessary

Dumb and Unnecessary

Postby magic2kb8 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 am

This is a Dumb team that Does Unnecessary Things. They refuse to learn from their mistakes.

This team has talent if they fix small things, such as... Why do you keep gunning shots once you have a big lead. Quick shot 3s will not continue to fall. They give up more leads with Dumb and Unnecessary shot selections. It seems lack of intelligence has just infiltrated this team.

Dantoni is Dumb - He makes dumb and unnecessary substitutions. His personnel substitutions are TERRIBLE, and it is evident (no matter how mad he got in his interview this year) that he does not work on defense at all in practice. No team with Kobe, Dwight, and Artest should be this bad.

Kobe-His basketball knowledge and IQ is to high for him to do some of the things he does. Sometimes his supreme confidence makes him do dumb things as well. He takes needless hero Dagger shots with TOO much time time left in the game and Shotclock(See Last Timberwolves Game) and He takes Dumb Hero Shots when we are in striking distance. Those 2 of those 3 point attempts were atrocious. (See Bucks Game)
Another thing that Kobe does that is purely dumb is he continues to cheat of the hot man because he "thinks" they cant shoot. Im cool with that until they hit a couple, but at some point you have to say, this guy is hitting his jumper tonight. He does this crap often.

Meeks- He just needs to slooooooooooowww down. He goes to the bucket entirely too fast and out of control. He misses more layups than Derek fisher because he is too Dumb to Slow Down.

Gasol- In the past 2 years he has started making the terrible passes from the DUMBEST of angles out of double teams. (See the Bucks Game, See 2 of the OKC games in the playoffs last year.). He makes unnecessary passes to Kobe when another player is right there. Make the right pass.

Nash-For the most part he doesnt do anything dumb. He makes mistakes of course but nothing that is out of the ordinary and its not done time and time again. He is just an aging player whose skills are diminishing.

Dwight-Hes just not that skilled. His biggest DUMB factor is that he has not taken the time to learn 1 go to move in the post. I dont think he realized his skill set was so limited until this year when he realized he did not have sharp shooters from the 4 to 1 around him. I saw it, and thats why I would have taken a healthy Bynum, but that thats water under the bridge, because Bynum is not healthy and hes gone, but back to Dwight. He really needs to work on his foot work and get some moves or he will have proven himself to be DUMB and unwilling to do the things necessary to be successful.
magic2kb8

Re: Dumb and Unnecessary

Postby dj vitus on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:32 am

Because it's fun to make those heroic 3s. It fuels their boredom after being in the NBA for 238430229 years.

I mean, why did Metta take that wild 3 against Boston late in Game 7? We could have easily lost a championship on that shot. :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby magic2kb8 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am

dj vitus wrote:Because it's fun to make those heroic 3s. It fuels their boredom after being in the NBA for 238430229 years.

I mean, why did Metta take that wild 3 against Boston late in Game 7? We could have easily lost a championship on that shot. :man10:

I remember Ron's 3, but I thought Kobe passed to him and he was open.

I dont mind a "dagger 3" when momentum is on your side, but in the midst of a run by the other team, a missed Dagger early in the shot clock affords them more time. I just dont understand taking a rushed shot with the lead and time is on your side. Think back to Smush Parker Game 5 against Phx. If he doesnt force that hero shot, we win that series. Then again if we win that series, we may not have made the Pau trade and we may not have gone to 3 and won 2 chips.

Thanks Smush.
magic2kb8

Postby pavle34 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:52 pm

i totally agree with everything you have said bro...its so frustrating this season i feel like we have been jinxed and that all lakers fans around the world got big heads when we signed nash and howard thinking championship guaranteed this season even kobe was bragging to durant and westbrook about it saying thunder got no chance but look at us this season we can barely beat kaka teams which is a disgrace and freaking frustrating
pavle34

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:27 am

Growing pains
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby ojdidit123 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:59 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Growing pains

Too bad we are in no position to have them... come next year we'll be too old to compete again, for this to have worked it had to click right off the bat or not at all. We aren't the Heat where time can only help us, we are finished for years to come barring a LeBron coup in 2014
ojdidit123

Postby snackdaddy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:49 pm

ojdidit123 wrote:

Too bad we are in no position to have them... come next year we'll be too old to compete again, for this to have worked it had to click right off the bat or not at all. We aren't the Heat where time can only help us, we are finished for years to come barring a LeBron coup in 2014

I know the possibility of Lebron coming here has been discussed. But unless he thinks there's a ton of money to be made in LA, I don't see Lebron coming to LA. Chances are, they'll be on their 3rd title going for 4 in a row. Plus, Miami can pay more being his current team. Just don't see it happening.
snackdaddy

Postby magic2kb8 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

I cant claim growing pains on this one. Its not a chemistry problem. Its indicative of all Dantoni teams. Get and Lose Leads really quickly.

When he is the coach neither team is ever out of a game. Good when youre down by 12 to 15, terrible when you are up.

If you are up by 15 we need to pound pau and dwight. (Yes I know Dwight has no post moves and cant shoot free throws). You dont jack 3 after 3 when up by 15 to 20.

This team would have found a way to score. We would have been better with Mike Brown.
magic2kb8

Return to Lakers Discussion